2022 World Championships in Montpellier, France - Tickets and Discussion

For any non-European satellites going, you need to apply for a French COVID pass ahead of time. I'll post the link below - I know someone who went to France for 5 weeks but didn't realize she needed to do this, and ended up having to test every 3 days even though she had a US vaccine card with her.

https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers?locale=en

Hello everyone! I got tickets to worlds, but only for men's sp, fs and gala exhibition. But I can't understand if I'll be able to get to practices (men only). I tried to contact through official website to get answer but didn't receive any reply. May someone help me?

16 minutes ago, notte_stellata said:

hello, i was looking through the prices of the tickets for worlds, but i found no information on reduced tickets. does anyone know the age requirements to get them? 

https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/pack/pack-journee-vendredi-cdm-de-patinage-artistique-ticket/idpack/2409

Check the grey box at the top with the disclaimers:

AVel2JH.png 

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i’m thinking of betting on the chance to fly to france and get tickets to this just to see yuzuru, because i heard there’s an insurance cover. However, i’m an overseas student studying in UK for uni, so i don’t know if this counts as living in europe, because the insurance only benefits people living in europe. With this, does anyone know if it’s possible if i get a local to buy tickets for me instead, or it still won’t count as it needs to have my name on it? also, i won’t want to go if yuzu doesn’t go, so i’d want to cancel my ticket if that happens. if we already have the insurance cover, can we cancel any time, or will we need to provide an accepted reason for our cancellation for the refund to be made? thanks! i reallyyy want to go see him at least once before he retires but with this insurance thing it’s not looking so good for me right now 

Insurance isn’t gonna pay out if you decide not to go because a skater isn’t coming. That’s never an acceptable reason for any insurance company, I think. 

Quick google translate of the insurance mentioned on the site is pretty standard:

Illness (including epidemic / pandemic such as COVID-19 and quarantine linked to exposure to the virus), accident of yourself or your loved ones
Public transport strike, the day of the show
Serious damage to your home or vehicle
Theft of the show ticket (with e-tickets, that’s never gonna be a good reason, I think, lol). 
Death of yourself or your loved ones (I have had this happen, funeral service on  same day and even same time as Yuzu’s SP in Finland; not a nice reason for having to cancel!).
Invitation to a resit examination as part of higher education
Summons as a juror or witness on the day of the show
Loss or theft of identity papers

Hi everyone,

I'm Anabel from Spain and I'm new here. 

I have tried to buy tickets for the championship in Montpellier but I don't know why when I do the payment the transaction is refused by Ticketmaster France. Does anyone has the same problem? 

I don't know what to do... :( 

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Hi everyone,

I have tried to buy tickets for the championship in Montpellier but I don't know why when I do the payment the transaction is refused by Ticketmaster France. Does anyone has the same problem? 

A lot of us have had issues with one card but when we used a different one it got through. If by any chance you do have a 2nd card try using that one. Alternatively double check with your card provider that they are not blocking the transaction on their end (foreign purchase and everything). 

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

A lot of us have had issues with one card but when we used a different one it got through. If by any chance you do have a 2nd card try using that one. Alternatively double check with your card provider that they are not blocking the transaction on their end (foreign purchase and everything). 

Thanks a lot, I'll try what you say :)

7 hours ago, Anabel said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Planet, @Anabel :welcome: I hope the problem will be solved soon.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, Anabel said:

Hi everyone,

Hello Anabel.  Welcome to PH.  Hope you got your tickets sorted.

:balloons-smiley: