2022 World Championships in Montpellier, France - Tickets and Discussion

3 hours ago, Saawa said:

Hi everyone :wave: I am considering buying tickets for men SP and FS with the hope of seeing Yuzu but since there is no guarantee he will go, I am weighing the risks and speculating on when and which tickets to buy. 
Do we know which sectors have already been sold out and which haven't been available yet? I saw people talking about F7 being sold out. What about other F sectors? And H3-9? And I? Some of those will surely be allocated for all event tickets and Japanese travel agencies or group bookings. Do you think it is reasonable to expect further ticket releases for individual events in F/H/I sectors or this is it?

You can check for yourself on the individual event tickets page: https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/manifestation/championnat-du-monde-ticket/idmanif/508022

There is a seat plan showing what is still available.

I’m afraid nobody really knows if further tickets will be released. We only know that, on the Long sides, no other sectors apart from F7 were being sold when sales started.

18 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Welp, now that we know for sure Beijing is a no go, I'm taking a closer look at Worlds. The tickets have a Standard and a Reduced price. What is the difference between the two?

The reduced tickets are for kids under 12 years old :)

I wonder if buying the package you get other seats than the ones still available on the single ticket selection site...

Edit: I tested it - the seats for packages are really bad...

Why are these tickets soooo expensive?! It must be over double of the ones I bought for the 2020 Championships :banginghead:

59 minutes ago, Cleaf said:

Why are these tickets soooo expensive?! It must be over double of the ones I bought for the 2020 Championships :banginghead:

They are clearly trying to make up for the losses during the past 1.5 years which quite frankly, I understand. Especially when fans are eager to buy them as well after a long time of nothing.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if the training sessions are included in single event tickets?? Cause it doesn't say anything about it on ticketmaster and there's no separate training tickets available (yet). I wonder if maybe they'll be put up later.

8 minutes ago, EmmaLeto said:

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if the training sessions are included in single event tickets?? Cause it doesn't say anything about it on ticketmaster and there's no separate training tickets available (yet). I wonder if maybe they'll be put up later.

Don't think so. I only saw them included in the whole package.

2 hours ago, EmmaLeto said:

Yeah, that's what i saw too. Guess they'll appear separately later. 

There were one-day packages available that listed the practices as included, and gave a price breakdown. The price for a practice session was €15 on that list. But nothing being sold separately for practices. 

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone! 

i know it’s early, but how high do you think the chances of yuzu going to worlds are, this being olympic season and all? i’m planning to attend worlds if he competes there, but i didn’t think the tickets would come out this early, with no info on the entries. 

the fact is, i live in italy, so i’d be willing to go all the way to france only for him. i’m in a quandary right now, and i’m scared the tickets will completely run out while i decide (they most surely will when the entries are announced anyway).

so, clownish behaviour rn since there’s no way to tell, but do you think he’ll attend? 💀

14 minutes ago, notte_stellata said:

hello everyone! 

i know it’s early, but how high do you think the chances of yuzu going to worlds are, this being olympic season and all? i’m planning to attend worlds if he competes there, but i didn’t think the tickets would come out this early, with no info on the entries. 

the fact is, i live in italy, so i’d be willing to go all the way to france only for him. i’m in a quandary right now, and i’m scared the tickets will completely run out while i decide (they most surely will when the entries are announced anyway).

so, clownish behaviour rn since there’s no way to tell, but do you think he’ll attend? 💀

It's hard to tell. To be honest, if I was a professional competitor, and there was a chance of me retiring very soon which could be the case for Yuzu, I would like to retire at the end of the season just to get that full circle so that means competing at the last tournament of the year - Worlds. But I'm not Yuzu, and it wouldn't be the first time a skater retires before the actual end of the season. Take Javi as an example who retired in January making Europeans his last competition.

3 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

It's hard to tell. To be honest, if I was a professional competitor, and there was a chance of me retiring very soon which could be the case for Yuzu, I would like to retire at the end of the season just to get that full circle so that means competing at the last tournament of the year - Worlds. But I'm not Yuzu, and it wouldn't be the first time a skater retires before the actual end of the season. Take Javi as an example who retired in January making Europeans his last competition.

ahhh 😭 it’s heartbreaking to think of his retiring , but it’s reasonable. all i can do at this point is keeping my hopes up...as a baby fanyu (i joined feb 2020) my biggest fear is not getting the chance to see him once before his retirement. 

anyways, let’s see. whatever he decides to do, i know he’ll do it wisely 

I feel like if Yuzu goes to the Olympics, he will go to worlds. Just a feeling. Especially if this might be his last season (knock on wood) he might want more chances to skate his new programs, considering how short the last seasons have been?. Unless idk, he feels it might be as pointless of an event as the last...few....worlds...idk. Sigh. It hurts to think about.

8 hours ago, notte_stellata said:

hello everyone! 

In an Olympic season, it is not rare to see a skater decides to skip Worlds after the Olympics unless they have a strong reason to compete there. For example, Patrick skipped Saitama 2014 while Mao competed there probably for redemption after Sochi and because it was Worlds at home. Also, JSF often allocates Worlds and Olympics among their top skaters to give them as many chances. I think the possibility of Yuzu competing at Worlds depends mostly on 4A and how other Japanese men develop in the first half of the season. If Yuzu decides to continue competing another season, he will be willing to compete at Worlds, and JSF will assign him to secure Japan's spots. If he achieves his ultimate goal earlier this season and Japan has two top contenders among men, Yuzu may skip Worlds. In 2013, Nobu retired after JNats even though he was assigned to 4CC Taipei because he had already won the 4CC title and wanted to give Mura a chance to win it (and Mura won it) So... I would make a decision at least after NHK, hearing how things going from Yuzu, although I won't be able to go to France next spring.