2022 World Championships in Montpellier, France - Tickets and Discussion

Just now, Muralla17 said:

This "I did try to choose individual tickets, but I kept getting a message that said I had to choose more than one seat to be allowed to do that. They're certainly not trying to make this easy for people..." is why I cannot get one of the two available seats on F7. 

I cannot afford a week ticket. Therefore I was trying at least to get some good tickets for my favourites disciplines.

Thank so much for your answer :grin:

Bizarre that you're allowed to purchase a seat by yourself if you buy a pass, but not for an individual event. That makes no sense.

I’ll share some of my experiences here in case someone finds it useful.

I got tickets for F7 when they were available. Notably, throughout the whole day we didn’t see any other Gold seats become available on the Long side apart from F7. I am really sceptical that the rest is really already sold out, so I am guessing they are probably reserved for tour groups or something — which may become available later on. 

The ticketing system is a little archaic/quirky.

If you are buying single tickets:

It won’t let you pick a seat if you will leave a single seat behind. Meaning if there are two seats left in any given row, it will not let you just pick one. To work around this, you can use the “Fast Booking” option and hope that it picks the seat for you. 

Once a seat is selected it’s locked out in the system for around 15-20 minutes while it is in someone’s basket. This is why seats will periodically return/disappear. Rather than refreshing the whole page, you can just select a different event and back — this will update the seating.

There is an optional insurance you can purchase (for me it cost 15 euros for 4 tickets), that will refund you if you cannot make it to the Event due to illness/accident/etc. But this only applies if you live in Europe. For more info, you can check here: https://www.ticketmaster.fr/static/images/Conditions-generales-en.pdf (English)

No idea where Judge side or K&C is.

Practice is included in all-event tickets as well as the day tickets.

Practice will probably be sold separately later on, if past Championships are any indication. 

Okay, now I'm confused. I bought an all-event package which supposedly includes practices, although there's no separate ticket for them in what I received. But now @rockstaryuzu is telling me that the day tickets include practice as a separate ticket? They're listed separately under the schedule on day tickets but not at all with the all-event ones. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

27 minutes ago, river said:

Okay, now I'm confused. I bought an all-event package which supposedly includes practices, although there's no separate ticket for them in what I received. But now @rockstaryuzu is telling me that the day tickets include practice as a separate ticket? They're listed separately under the schedule on day tickets but not at all with the all-event ones. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

General incompetence and stupidity. 

Just for fun, to see if it would work, I tried purchasing a single ticket by itself instead of multiple single events in one go. It did give me a slightly different result - I got a pop-up asking me to confirm my purchase and buy insurance,  which I hadn't gotten before. 

But it still refused the transaction. 

Could it possibly be the volume of site traffic that's causing all these issues? Or are all ticket sales setups just inherently as stupid and frustrating as possible? 

Okay, so maybe this will help anyone having issues: 

I finally got individual tickets for both men's events and the Gala, but I had to buy them in two purchases: one for the two men's events and one for the Gala. 

And the only Visa card that worked for me was one that had a balance of $2.49 to my credit that I haven't used in more than a year, and they sent me a text to my cellphone for two-factor authentication.  I have no idea what is going on with their payment processing, but all my other cards had plenty of room, and Amex of course doesn't have an actual credit limit, so it should have been accepted,  but it wasn't.  

Bottom line: I think the issue is with how their system processes payment. 

2 hours ago, river said:

Bon, maintenant je suis confus. J'ai acheté un forfait toutes épreuves qui comprend soi-disant des entraînements, bien qu'il n'y ait pas de billet séparé pour eux dans ce que j'ai reçu. Mais maintenant@rockstaryuzume dit que les billets journaliers incluent la pratique en tant que billet séparé ? Ils sont répertoriés séparément sous l'horaire sur les billets à la journée, mais pas du tout avec ceux pour tous les événements. Quelqu'un a une idée de ce qui se passe ici ?

I bought the week package too, and I don't see practice tickets neither... 

5 hours ago, river said:

3 hours ago, Charlène said:

I bought the week package too, and I don't see practice tickets neither... 

It is listed but not together with the programmes since it includes multiple practices.

Check below it under “PACK SEMAINE”:

Le package comprend
- Une place pour chaque journée de compétition et accès à tous les entrainements.

1 hour ago, Muralla17 said:

Charlène, as-tu eu une réponse des organisateurs ?

Merci d'avance et merci Wyell. Je suis d'autant plus désolé maintenant que je n'ai pas réussi à acheter l'une des deux places restantes sur le secteur F7. Cela aurait été formidable de partager un concours avec certains d'entre vous.

Not yet😩