[CS] Autumn Classic International 2021 (16-19.09)

11 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Karen:  Beautifully soft interpretation of this lovely music.  Butterfly lovers.  Caught her leg in the third jump and this put her off so fell on the next jump.  Some lovely moves and her one leg glide and final layback spin to Biellmann were gorgeous.  Very pretty lilac net sleeved dress with purple and pink flowers to bust and detailing.

First outing - Love the music, the dress, the choreo, and Karen's beautiful skating :7938863: 

Three men on the ice.  How sad is it to type that.

Beres:  Seemed to rally after the initial fall but the name for that programme was ..... measured.... then two more falls towards the end of the programme.  Everything seemed on slow mo and I can't get invested.

Charlotte and Richard:  Richard the better performer of the two I feel.  Lifts not particularly exciting but believe they are a relatively new pair.  They skate nicely together though and are very likeable.

Haley and Nikolas:  I really like this couple.  I like their connection especially the eye contact.  They commit to the choreo and it was lovely.  Good start with rotational lift and spins and most of their side by sides looked good.  Their lifts are exciting and I love the moves they put into the programme and especially the leaps into their lifts.

Carolane and Shane:  Trying hard and concentrating. Think the first lift was a bit slow getting into.  Side by side spins produced some very nice poses and their swizzles seemed close and good.  

Marjorie and Zachary:  Oh I absolutely loved that.  The costumes and the choreo which was a perfect choice for this programme.  Nice and upbeat throughout.  Not sure if some of the twizzles were en point seemed late in some.  The lifts were super especially the well timed and pretty low spun lift.  Her dress with its flowing skirt like bird feathers suited the spins amazingly.  Fab.

Caroline and Michael:  The start was a bit of a laborious watch for me and the choreo a very modern take.  She needs to straighten her standing leg in the side by side spins.  Better for me after the pace changed up a little.  Some of the lifts were beautiful the waist high one was lovely and the to shoulder rotational was sweet too. Loved the ending where she did a vertical handstand over his shoulder and they had a nice wrap round each other.  Really well interpreted there.

Olivia and Adrian:  Wow what a start and that first lift fab.  Twizzles were so quick and looked great.  Side by side STSQ good and very close.  When she went onto his hip and the both lay back it was soo cool with fab hand moves and fingers very expressive.  First side by side spin position had the most glorious moves and she held a beautiful frame with back arched.  Slightly slow into the prow or the ship (I think its called) move.  Again the kneel on his hip and she laid back.  Fencing move and fab floor work with slides and spins very fitting to the music.  Me LOVE!

Piper and Paul:  Spent so long listing the delights of Olivia and Adrian missed part of P and G.

Light and magical with fabulous flow and what a beautiful feeling to the whole piece.  It seemed like they are skating on their own private lake, in love and no one else watching.  

1 hour ago, Louitunes said:

Piper and Paul:  Spent so long listing the delights of Olivia and Adrian missed part of P and G.

Light and magical with fabulous flow and what a beautiful feeling to the whole piece.  It seemed like they are skating on their own private lake, in love and no one else watching.  

There's definitely magic in the air when those two take the ice. Something about the way he holds her is so delicate and precious and gentle. It just radiates the message that this is how people should relate to one another. 

Congrats to the medallists, sad that L/L didn't made it there tho.

I enjoyed L/L a lot. In an year with latin RD and plenty of fringed costumes I would have probably hated this program, but we're safe from that and it actually feels very refreshing, considering that everyone else seems to be going for lyrical FD instead. If they made it to OWG (they should, being canadian top3) they'll certainly provide a much needed break inbetween the other programs:smiley-happy105:

I love the colorful costumes, they're so beautiful. Also, the beginning bird-like choreo was so interesting!

Green/Parson: I liked them better in the RD, but I'll wait to see how this FD develops and also how it looks with costumes on. There are some nice moment sin the choreo like the kind of specular moves at the beginning and the double besti squats later in the program and in general the choreo does tryes to go beyond a typical lyrical program. I don't like much their curve lift(was it?), felt a bit underwhelming before the change of position tbh. I was a bit puzzled at how it looked that the program was ending but instead it went on😅 I guess it was the character stsq or something like that? I'm not persuaded about it, tho the real ending was nice.

G/P I'm kinda underwhelmed tbh. At the moment not a standout iconic program in the way Vincent was. Same for the costumes too, tho I like that Paul's shirt isn't a plain shirt but mirrors Pipier's one-shoulder dress). I liked the choreo on the 3rd set of twizzles and the curve lift (tho I  think it needs some smoothing out, some passages looked a bit uncertain) and the choreo slide (at least I think it was the choreo slide)

S/D with Zorro and if they make to the OWG audience will probably love it. Great lifts at the beginning, I liked it, liked the cuts, I would only change her look because that pale green costume doens't suit the image of fierceness they are going for (in the lifts too). A more classic red&black would probably be more impressive.

(I feel for H/K, IAM already throwing all their weight to get S/D the scores they need to go to Olys...)