2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

17 時間前, Sayu93さんが言いました:

Still flashed by yesterdays table tennis mens halffinal between Japan and Germany. Damn.. everyone played so well..Timo Dima Patrick Jun Tomokazu Kouki thank you for that match

That was a long match, Germany was great team! I was glad for Harimoto-kun played so well after losing in Singles. Today Japan won bronze medal, I think Jun Mizutani will announce his retirement soon (he has bad eyes and started wearing goggles after having surgery) but he has done so much for Japan's table tennis for years. 

edited: Mizutani says he will retire from international competition, so he may keep playing within the country. 

It started 5:30 in the morning but still 11 walkers withdrew during the race. Race walking and marathon moved to Hokkaido from Tokyo but sadly it became almost the same temperature. I have much respect for all participants and pray for lower temperature for the last two days.

19 分, Paskudさんが言いました:

Women race walking was so dramatic! Lady from Brazil was fighting against lady from Venezuela for silver medal, but got warning right before finish, had to wait 2 minutes and ended 11th.😯

Wow. Warning is very scary, I got very nervous yesterday watching Men's 20km. 

BBC really irritating with their highlights coverage - pathetic jokey section on beach volleyball totally ignoring the ‘dress code’ controversy 

Hungary has won gold in women K4 (kayak) 500 m 😊 I am very happy for them, especially Danuta Kozák who came back from two very serious injuries to compete here and she was disappointed after her results in K1 and K2 at this Olympics. She is now a 6-time Olympic champion and the most successful female Olympian of my country.

Belarus became 2nd and Poland 3rd, New Zealand is 4th - so Lisa Carrington couldn't stand on the podium but she already won 3 golds at this Games, which is big, congrats to her. 

Congratulations to Germany on winning in the men's K4 500 m.

Congratulations to Quieroz for winning gold in C1!

...and to China in women C2.

Argentina beat Brazil :shocked: I can't remember when the last time Brazil didn't get medal, congrats to Argentina! TV didn't show this game, but I've heard it was a really good game.

Speaking of a surprise, Japanese women's basketball will face USA at final tomorrow. We were happy when they made a history with being qualified for semi-final, but I mean, THE FINAL. Really?:eek: 

I'm watching rhythmic gymnastics and it's the final rotation now (ribbon). To a suprise Linoy Ashram from Israel is leading and three-time all-around world champion Dina Averina is second by a point, her twin sister Arina is third. Arina had to use the spare ribbon because on the original one there was a knot, and now it is even possible she won't even medal.

56 minutes ago, yude said:

Argentina beat Brazil :shocked: I can't remember when the last time Brazil didn't get medal, congrats to Argentina! TV didn't show this game, but I've heard it was a really good game.

I meant to wake up for this one but the bed was just too comfy so I ended up finding out about the result shortly after the match had finished. So happy for the boys, they've shown so much heart through the tournament :crybaby: