2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

19 minutes ago, Paskud said:

cheaters

Oh wow... and looking at the replies in those tweet there are people who say the team had no intention of deceiving. I get that the first mistake was made by the officials but read this:

"American sprinting icon Michael Johnson, who is here as a commentator with BBC Sports, tweeted that he and others with the network noticed officials incorrectly line up two runners in the second heat, but those runners got themselves into proper position in time so they did not have a violation."

You telling me that not moving herself when everyone else did is not showing an intention to deceit??

It was worth waking up for this final. 😉 What a race it was! Dressel needed a new world record, and Milák swam a huge personal best and European record. If Milák can improve om the start and turn he will be even better because his stroking is already better than Dressel's.

They showed great sportsmanship after the race:

Ledecky wins 800 m for the third time in a row and now has 6 individual Olympic gold medals which is a record.

McKeown won 200 m backstroke:

14 時間前, sallycinnamonさんが言いました:

It's nice that you also woke up for the 200m IM final. I know so many people who woke up today for him :) He is really legendary and also a very likeable person.

After 100 m backstroke Evgeni Rylov won the 200 m backstroke, too. 3-time Olympic champion Ryan Murphy who got silver seemed to imply he didn't swim clean. It's really not good to make such statements because 1. they have no evidence 2. it seems Murphy is a sour grape because he couldn't win a gold so far here while he was very successful in Rio 3. Rylov handled the whole situation classily

Rylov also wins the cutest mask competition too with his cat mask:

re Djokovic losing: Zverev is a great player so it isn't so surprising. It must be tough to do RG - > Wimbledon - > Olympic and try to win all of them. So it means no Golden Slam for Djokovic (if he wins US Open later this year) and Steffi Graf remains the only tennis player who wins all 4 GSs and the Olympics in a year.

Congratulations to Sone Akira & the men's épée team:

Czechs are doing great these past few days too. This time they won a gold in judo:

...and in rowing too:

Also congrats to An San to the third Olympic gold. Fantastic dominance.

And finally my cousin finished on 13th place at the Olympics. She said she gave her all all week and this is where it got her. She wanted to do better but she feels motived to do better as she moves forward, and now she closes this chapter with a smile. I'm happy for her!

223239789_367594184729000_76735353615172

(x)

Otsukaresamadeshita to your cousin, I am glad for her finishing with smile! It's very unfortunate that the athletes can't go sightseeing this time, I wish she could enjoy food and many more in Tokyo. I hope she stays healthy and has safe trip :)

About Daiya Seto and Kosuke Hagino, Daiya said he would keep competing until he dropped off from the team. Kosuke doesn't have the games ahead and will be rested. He has been struggling (mentally mostly) and even took months off before the Olympics, so he may retire after all. Both of them are the same age as Yuzuru and have achieved a lot already (including gold medal at Olympics and WC), so only I hope is that they can live the way they want. 

"Thank you, Japan" from New Zealand.

"Thank you" "Thank you from bottom of our hearts." from Australia.

And we were delighted to read this news a while ago, because it had been reported that a country refused the food in the athlete village and one of the reasons was the meal included ingredients of Tohoku. This American coach said he ate 6 peaches, that was sure a lot :laughing:

https://www.fnn.jp/articles/-/215248?display=full

(google translate, but pretty accurate)

Softball America coach Ken Eriksen, who came to Japan for the Tokyo Games and was staying with the team in Fukushima Prefecture, revealed at the press conference that he was surprised by the deliciousness of peaches in Fukushima Prefecture.

"Treated like a king and a queen"

The U.S. national team won back-to-back matches against Italy and Canada at Fukushima Prefectural Azuma Stadium.
After that, they moved to Yokohama and won their third consecutive match with a victory over Mexico on The 24th.

In his post-match press conference, Eriksen reflected on his stay in Fukushima Prefecture and expressed his gratitude to the staff at the hotel and ballpark, using the expression "I was treated as if I were a king and a queen."

"Everyone said that fukushima peaches were delicious, so I really wanted to try them. When I ate it, it was very delicious, and I ate too much and became fat," he said, looking surprised at the deliciousness of peaches from Fukushima Prefecture.

Cat Osterman, who was present at the press conference, also said, "I had delicious chicken, fish, pasta and salads, etc.", and reflected, "I was able to spend a pleasant time."

"The team is with the people of Fukushima"

Eriksen said: "I would have liked to have interacted with the local people more. The people of Fukushima were amazing at hotels, ballparks, training ground, and everywhere," he said, referring to the corona disaster, and when asked for comment on the on-the-way reconstruction in Fukushima, he replied forcefully in my eyes, "If you were new to Fukushima, you wouldn't think there was a catastrophe in Fukushima."

"This is clearly a force for Japan's recovery. Obviously people are trying to stand up for themselves. It is disappointing that the people of Fukushima are unable to communicate to the world because of corona, but we know the power of the people of Fukushima's recovery," he said, "and we all work with the people of Fukushima."

Before the press conference on The 24th, I asked for him to tell the story in Fukushima Prefecture, then he stopped and gave me a word looking into the camera, "I love, Fukushima!". Already, the tournament was held in Corona disaster, but I knew that there was a solid exchange between the region and the athletes.

7 hours ago, yude said:

Otsukaresamadeshita to your cousin, I am glad for her finishing with smile! It's very unfortunate that the athletes can't go sightseeing this time, I wish she could enjoy food and many more in Tokyo. I hope she stays healthy and has safe trip :)

Thank you! 

For her it was not the first time in Tokyo, she competed here before at the Olympic test event two years ago (where she even won the bronze medal) so maybe she already looked around in Tokyo. And she'll probably back at future competitions too, because sailors travel a lot to compete. There are some athletes that they haven't been in Japan before, for them I feel sorry because they don't have the chance for sightseeing this time.

7 hours ago, yude said:

About Daiya Seto and Kosuke Hagino, Daiya said he would keep competing until he dropped off from the team. Kosuke doesn't have the games ahead and will be rested. He has been struggling (mentally mostly) and even took months off before the Olympics, so he may retire after all. Both of them are the same age as Yuzuru and have achieved a lot already (including gold medal at Olympics and WC), so only I hope is that they can live the way they want.

Thank you for the info. Maybe Daiya will compete then until Paris 2024, because an Olympic gold is still missing from his collection. He is not old after all, sometimes individual medley swimmer can swim until they are 30 or so. Kosuke Hagino won everything (minus a gold at long course Worlds) so maybe he will retire then. I'll follow how they do if they continue to compete.

5 hours ago, yude said:

"Thank you" "Thank you from bottom of our hearts." from Australia.

And we were delighted to read this news a while ago, because it had been reported that a country refused the food in the athlete village and one of the reasons was the meal included ingredients of Tohoku. This American coach said he ate 6 peaches, that was sure a lot 

https://www.fnn.jp/articles/-/215248?display=full

(google translate, but pretty accurate)

"Thank you, Japan" from New Zealand.

Softball America coach Ken Eriksen, who came to Japan for the Tokyo Games and was staying with the team in Fukushima Prefecture, revealed at the press conference that he was surprised by the deliciousness of peaches in Fukushima Prefecture.

"Treated like a king and a queen"

The U.S. national team won back-to-back matches against Italy and Canada at Fukushima Prefectural Azuma Stadium.
After that, they moved to Yokohama and won their third consecutive match with a victory over Mexico on The 24th.

In his post-match press conference, Eriksen reflected on his stay in Fukushima Prefecture and expressed his gratitude to the staff at the hotel and ballpark, using the expression "I was treated as if I were a king and a queen."

"Everyone said that fukushima peaches were delicious, so I really wanted to try them. When I ate it, it was very delicious, and I ate too much and became fat," he said, looking surprised at the deliciousness of peaches from Fukushima Prefecture.

Cat Osterman, who was present at the press conference, also said, "I had delicious chicken, fish, pasta and salads, etc.", and reflected, "I was able to spend a pleasant time."

"The team is with the people of Fukushima"

Eriksen said: "I would have liked to have interacted with the local people more. The people of Fukushima were amazing at hotels, ballparks, training ground, and everywhere," he said, referring to the corona disaster, and when asked for comment on the on-the-way reconstruction in Fukushima, he replied forcefully in my eyes, "If you were new to Fukushima, you wouldn't think there was a catastrophe in Fukushima."

"This is clearly a force for Japan's recovery. Obviously people are trying to stand up for themselves. It is disappointing that the people of Fukushima are unable to communicate to the world because of corona, but we know the power of the people of Fukushima's recovery," he said, "and we all work with the people of Fukushima."

Before the press conference on The 24th, I asked for him to tell the story in Fukushima Prefecture, then he stopped and gave me a word looking into the camera, "I love, Fukushima!". Already, the tournament was held in Corona disaster, but I knew that there was a solid exchange between the region and the athletes.

Thank you for sharing this, nice story. But it is very disappointing to hear a country refused some food because it was from Fukushima. :(