2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

It's a bit of surprise Titmus won against Ledecky in 400 m freestyle (Ledecky is the world record holder & defending champion), but Ledecky is still the heavy favourite in 800 and 1500 metres. In the 4x100m freestyle relay Hungary finished 5th which was the first ever final for the team, and they swam a new national record. They were so happy about this!  

In the meantime Team GB wins in diving against China and Russia, Daley finally got his gold medal after two bronzes in 2012 and 2016.

Also this :O 

Congratulations on Nishiya Momoji on winning gold! The podium looked really cute :) 

They are so adorable and I can't stop retweeting the tweets especially Momiji's smile photos :67638860: Top 3 were all wearing the helmets and the commentator explained players under 18 had to wear them as decided as the rule (good!). Looking all players during the game, I was worried as if I was their mother :laughing: Good luck to Sky in the park event :fingerscrossed:

I have to go to the office 3 days straight from tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch the Olympics live as much as I do now. And the typhoon is coming, I hope it won't affect the events held outside.

1 時間前, sallycinnamonさんが言いました:

It's a bit of surprise Titmus won against Ledecky in 400 m freestyle (Ledecky is the world record holder & defending champion), but Ledecky is still the heavy favourite in 800 and 1500 metres. In the 4x100m freestyle relay Hungary finished 5th which was the first ever final for the team, and they swam a new national record. They were so happy about this!  

In the meantime Team GB wins in diving against China and Russia, Daley finally got his gold medal after two bronzes in 2012 and 2016.

Also this :O 

Congratulations on Nishiya Momoji on winning gold! The podium looked really cute :) 

Korean team is so strong :smiley-shocked032: It reminds me of Russian team in artistic swimming, I wonder how long they have kept winning. (and I guess they will win this time, too...)

9 minutes ago, yude said:

Korean team is so strong :smiley-shocked032: It reminds me of Russian team in artistic swimming, I wonder how long they have kept winning. (and I guess they will win this time, too...)

Korea's dominance in archery is longer than Russia's is artistic swimming - interestingly artistic swimming was dominated by USA, Canada and Japan in the 80s and 90s (it's an Olympic sport since 1984), but then something happened in the late 1990s, USA dropped from the podium completely and Russia has been dominating for 20 years now since Sydney 2000. I think they will win again this time too.

27 minutes ago, yude said:

And the typhoon is coming, I hope it won't affect the events held outside.

I read that some events in rowing were postponed due to bad weather conditions. Hopefully typhoon won't affect other events.

12 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

This is a sweet video. She lost her fencing match but her longtime boyfriend/coach decided to cheer her up proposing her in the middle of the interview.

I was actually watching that very moment live while working and I had to drop everything because it was too precious to miss it :201111231756430f6:

I certainly prefer watching this (my home country's) channel's coverage of the Games rather than BBC from the UK which is where I live.