2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

12 hours ago, yude said:

He looks so happy! Congratulations to him:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Yes, he looked very happy yesterday and at his first two wins too. His face was glowing. :)

5c3W88i.jpg

I woke up for swimming finals. Kalisz (USA) won the gold in 400 m individual medley, otherwise there was a big race for the medals. We have a swimmer, Verraszto who reached the final for the first time today at the age of 32, he was by far the oldest swimmer. I really wanted him to swim well, it was already a big success that he finally reached the final after so many times he couldn't do it. He almost got the bronze but then it then in the end he finished 4th. He gave an interview after it and said he has always known he is an unlucky athlete but he wished he would have been more lucky today. I hope he won't be too disappointed in the long term, he did his best.

To a big surprise Hafnaoui from Tunesia won 400 m freestyle! Wow, congratulations to him! Team USA looked surprised they couldn't win. Well the times so far are weaker than expected, but it is NBC and the Americans who wanted to have the finals so early in the day. Maybe there will be more surprises and USA won't win as many medals as they wish because of this unusual schedule of the events.

Ohashi is Olympic champion in 400 m individual medley! Congratulations to her, she went so strong in the second half! Great victory! :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

Now I'm trying to go back to sleep :68468287:

1 時間前, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

@ralucutzagy, thank you for your all posts!

This is my first seeing skateboarding as a competitive sport, and wow it was very interesting and amazing. But at the same time, it is indeed a very dangerous sport and I was surprised most of them were not wearing helmet to protect their heads. To be able to do such hard tricks, they must have trained so hard for years. Yuto Horigome won in where he was exactly born, Koto-ku of Tokyo. Congratulations to him and the medalists! 

3 hours ago, yude said:

@ralucutzagy, thank you for your all posts!

This is my first seeing skateboarding as a competitive sport, and wow it was very interesting and amazing. But at the same time, it is indeed a very dangerous sport and I was surprised most of them were not wearing helmet to protect their heads. To be able to do such hard tricks, they must have trained so hard for years. Yuto Horigome won in where he was exactly born, Koto-ku of Tokyo. Congratulations to him and the medalists! 

Congratulations to Yuto Horigome! This sport is new at the Olympics and it looks really exciting but dangerous at the same time. I was also surprised they don't wear helmets 😱

I read that the youngest skateboarder is a 12-year-old girl, Sky Brown who sustained a serious injury at training last year. I think we will see her in the park event. 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, river said:

Wow. NBC's streaming is really bad - I assumed I'd have livestream coverage of the Olympics through my Peacock account, which is where figure skating is livestreamed. NOPE. I get replays on their schedule, otherwise I have to pay extra for Olympics coverage.

CBC says I'm in the wrong location even with a VPN set to Toronto. Any other ideas?

Here are some suggestions to try:

Spoiler

Try a different VPN or can you choose another Canadian location with your VPN? I have heard that choosing another location sometimes works.

I have Norton VPN set to Canada and it works for me. It doesn't work for Japan, so last time I bought a 1 month subscription to ExpressVPN to connect to Japan. I think NordVPN gives you a free 2 week trial or something.

Here are the CBC live stream and replay links:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/streaming-schedule

https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/olympics/replays

[NEWS] 😌

Naohisa Takato (28), a 2016 bronze medalist in the 60kg men's judo division at the Tokyo Olympics, won the first gold medal of the Japanese team at this year's Games, inspired by the performance and words of Yuzuru Hanyu (26), an ANA member who won the men's figure skating title at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics. He was inspired by the performance and words of Yuzuru Hanyu, 26, who won the men's figure skating championship at the PyeongChang Olympics three years ago.

The PyeongChang Olympics in February 2018. In February 2018, Yuzuru Hanyu won the first gold medal of the Japanese team in men's figure skating with his amazing performance. The reporter first interviewed Takato for our medalist column at the time. "It was the first Olympics I had seen since I became an Olympic medalist. Summer and winter are different, but I guess everyone puts their life into these games. It's a way of enjoying the Olympics that only those who have been to the Olympics can experience. The good and the bad are all decided in one day. As for Hanyu, everyone around him assumes that he will win. In a way, I think the pressure is similar to that of judo, which is called the 'family art'."

Despite his right ankle injury, he won the gold medal as the favorite to win the championship again. Takato was glued to Hanyu's performance in front of the TV. "I was truly moved. He is well aware of his current situation, his strength and weakness. Because it was the Olympics, I wanted to give the best performance I could, and I did my best that day," he said, analyzing his masterful performance.

In an interview after his consecutive Olympic victory, Hanyu said, "This game is meaningless if I don't win. The result will be with me for the rest of my life. I really tried to get the result with great care. Takato listened to his words and said, "After watching the interview and being moved, I felt that I had to work even harder, that I couldn't lose. I want to win a gold medal, too. I want to win a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics in my country. It's an experience that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't been lucky enough to be born at this time," he said, setting his sights on becoming the best in the world at the Tokyo Olympics.

Takato first competed in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He was expected to be the first Japanese athlete to win a gold medal, but he lost by Ippon in the quarterfinals. He ended up with a bronze medal. He said, "The medal at the Olympics changes your life a lot. But he lost by Ippon in the quarterfinals. "Naturally, the expectation and pressure of being the first Japanese athlete to win a gold medal at each event is huge. This is the stage where I can shine the brightest in my lifetime, so I want to be the first, if possible," he said, expressing his strong desire for the first gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics.

And yesterday. It may not have been as brilliant or flashy as Hanyu's, but it was a great performance. Unlike the PyeongChang Olympics, where he was showered with cheers, the Nippon Budokan, the venue for judo, was empty due to the Corona disaster. Nevertheless, like Hanyu, Takato kept his cool on the dream stage and played his own game, winning all three of his matches up to the final in overtime. "I wasn't able to win with gusto, but this is my judo," he said. This is my judo. Like Hanyu, he won the first gold medal of the Japanese team competition, which moved the whole country and gave the Japanese team a boost. It was a brilliant gold medal, and he did exactly what he said he would do.

https://hochi.news/articles/20210725-OHT1T51130.html

It's nice to see Takato is inspired by Yuzu 😊 So many summer athletes are look up to Yuzu and get motivated and inspired by him ❤

I was watching men épée final. Sadly the timing system got broken right before they started so the fencer had to wait for minutes while they fixed it. France's Cannone won gold, Hungary's Siklosi is silver medalist. 

I'm travelling so I can't follow that many sports until next week. But I will wake up for the swimming finals. 🏊‍♀️