2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's really sad to hear this. :( He's such a great athlete and role model who achieved everything in his career. It's nice that he went back to support the team though. Good luck to team Japan!

I'll watch sabre fence soon. We have a two-time consecutive individual Olympic champion, Szilagyi who reached the semifinal today. No one has ever won three consecutive golds in the history of sabre fence...Two other team members (including another fencer who was a medal contender) has lost already so the pressure is huge on Szilagyi. My fingers are crossed for him :fingerscrossed:

Ana Maria Popescu is in the semifinal, too! Go, Ro-team!!! :cheer:

1 hour ago, yude said:

Kohei Uchimura's Olympics is over. He fell and couldn't go to the final.

He came back to the team and is supporting other members right now. 

We haven't heard any comment from him yet. 

Thank you so much for your challenge, Kohei. 

:cry::cry::cry:

Oh no :sad4:  All the best for him..

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Ana is in the final!!! Yaaaay!!!!! :cheer:

Great news!

Szilagyi is in the final, too and can go for his third gold medal! He beat the Georgian Bazadze 15-13, it was very exciting. The opponent's behaviour was unsportsmanlike, he clearly tried to put psychological pressure on Szilagyi in every way. He even got a yellow card and at the end he refused to shake hands with Szilagyi, it was so strange to see. Szilagyi is always respectful and kind, as he was today too.

Now I'm watching swimming heats. I'll wake up early for the finals for tomorrow. Thanks to NBC the schedule is unusual at this Olympics, finals are early Tokyo time, while the heats are in the evening the previous day. While normally heats are in the morning and finals in the evening when swimmers are at the peak of their condition.

With the schedule at this Olympics it means the finals are in the evening US time, because Americans are expected to win lot of gold medals here. So it means it's night in Europe.

EDIT:

Yes, Szilagyi is a three-time consecutive Olympic gold medalist, the first sabre fencer who achieved this. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: It's fantastic and a truly historical result. :clap: The semifinal was though but he dominated the final against the Italian opponent. 

The TV broadcasted a documentary about him a few days ago and I watched it. It showed how difficult it was for him when in 2019 at the World Championships in Hungary he lost early in the individual competition which was very disappointing for him since he competed in front of home crowd. Then his form was great in early 2020 but the pandemic happened. So I was wondering if he will be again in such great form for this year and could get into the final, or even win. And he did it. I'm very happy for him! Now everyone is so happy about his gold medal here.

18 分, sallycinnamonさんが言いました:

Yes, Szilagyi is a three-time consecutive Olympic gold medalist, the first sabre fencer who achieved this. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: It's fantastic and a truly historical result. :clap: The semifinal was though but he dominated the final against the Italian opponent. 

The TV broadcasted a documentary about him a few days ago and I watched it. It showed how difficult it was for him when in 2019 at the World Championships in Hungary he lost early in the individual competition which was very disappointing for him since he competed in front of home crowd. Then his form was great in early 2020 but the pandemic happened. So I was wondering if he will be again in such great form for this year and could get into the final, or even win. And he did it. I'm very happy for him! Now everyone is so happy about his gold medal here.

He looks so happy! Congratulations to him:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

5 時間前, Whoopiewoopさんが言いました:

And he fell on such a 'silly' move on the high bar after (unnecessarily) going all out with the releases that he did. It was frustrating.

Yes, the commentator said he also had trouble on that part during the official practice. I think he will be the team event to support other members who are young and experiencing their first Olympics. Very good senpai.