2020 Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo

sallycinnamon

Just now, Faithyu said:

No idea why it gets me so much, but I'm near tears. The wooden olympic rings got me so emotional, such a nice symbol.....

The Refugee team is what brought me to tears. This is what the Olympics should be about. I am happy they got their dreams come true against all odds.

32 minutes ago, Paskud said:

@Melodie, are you still with us?

I am. Cursing at every single one of them that shows up with their masks off and without any social distancing (also that god d**n Bach and Hashimoto).

Also, quite underwhelming so far, with the exception of MISIA.

The Indonesian team was... There are probably just 2 athletes there? No badminton athletes at all, which are arguably the only ones with medal chance.

ETA: covid19 situation in this homecountry of mine is absolutely heartbreaking. ~50,000 new cases daily, for about a week now. We need some cheering up.

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

The Indonesian team was... There are probably just 2 athletes there? No badminton athletes at all, which are arguably the only ones with medal chance.

With what's going on? I'm glad they are able to send even if only one person.

Just now, Paskud said:

waiting for Godzilla:popcorn:

That better be there.

Just now, Neenah said:

The Olympics: That events every 4 years when you get your map of the World updated :biggrin:

Only we need decent commentators to do that. And Grishin and Co is simply one of the worst.