Junior Skaters of 2021/2022 Season

Welcome to our thread for discussing Juniors and all the events of the 2021/22 season beginning with:

Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2021/22

Date Event Location Other Notes
August 18-21 JGP France Courchevel  
August 25-28 JGP France II Courchevel  
September 1-4 JGP Slovakia Kosice + Pairs
September 15-18 JGP Russia Krasnoyarsk + Pairs
September 22-25 JGP Slovenia Ljubljana  
September 29-October 2 JGP Poland Gdansk + Pairs
October 6-9 JGP Austria Linz + Pairs

Skaters who reach the age of 13 by July 1, 2021 but have not turned 19 (singles and females of the other two disciplines) or 21 (male pair skaters and ice dancers) are eligible to compete in the JGP. The number of entries allotted to each Federation is determined by their skaters' placements at the 2020 World Junior Championships and the Federations themselves choose their representatives. 

Skaters/Couples entered for an event of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating may not participate in the same discipline of an event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating (senior) in the same season.

Points are awarded based on placement in an event.

First place in singles brings 15 points, second 13, third 11 points, fourth 9, fifth 7, sixth 5, seventh 4, eighth 3, ninth 2 and tenth 1.

First place in pairs and ice dance brings 15 points, second 13, third 11 points, fourth 9, fifth 7, sixth 5.

Top 6 ranking in all disciplines will qualify for the JGPF.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Junior Skaters have specific requirements in their Short Programs/Rhythm Dances.

The Junior Short Program/Rhythm Dance shall consist of the following required elements according to Communication No. 2382 (singles/pairs):

Junior Men:

• Double or triple Axel Paulsen
  • Double or triple Flip jump
  • Jump combination consisting of a double and a triple jump or two triple jumps
  • Flying sitspin
  • Camel spin with only one change of foot
  • Spin combination with only one change of foot
  • Step sequence fully utilizing the ice surface.

Junior Ladies:

• Double Axel Paulsen
  • Double or triple Flip jump
  • Jump combination consisting of two double jumps or one double and one triple jump or two triple jumps
  • Flying sit spin
  • Layback / sideways leaning spin or camel spin without change of foot
  • Spin combination with only one change of foot
  • Step sequence fully utilizing the ice surface.

Junior Pairs:

• Any hand to hand lift take-off (Group Four)
  • Twist lift (double or triple)
  • Double or triple Salchow throw jump
  • Double Flip or double Axel solo jump
  • Solo spin combination with only one change of foot
  • Death spiral backwards outside
  • Step sequence fully utilizing the ice surface

Junior Ice Dance (details here and here):

• Music: at least two different rhythm from Street Dance rhythms (hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk, etc.), jazz, reggae and blues
  • One Short Lift: Short Lifts are max 7 seconds
  • One Step Sequence in Hold or Not Touching or Combination of both (Style B)
  • One Set of Sequential Twizzles: at least two Twizzles for each partner, up to 1 step between Twizzles
  • Pattern Dance Requirement: Two (2) Sequences of Blues, skated one after the other or separately.

Junior Well Balanced Program:

A well balanced Free Skating program for Men must contain: maximum of 7 jump elements (one of which must be an Axel type jump); maximum of 3 spins, one of which must be a spin combination, one a flying spin or a spin with a flying entrance and one a spin with only one position; maximum of 1 step sequence.

A well balanced Free Skating program for Ladies must contain: maximum of 7 jump elements (one of which must be an Axel type jump); maximum of 3 spins, one of which must be a spin combination, one a flying spin or a spin with a flying entrance and one a spin with only one position; maximum of 1 step sequence.

A Junior Well Balanced Program for Pairs must contain: maximum of 2 lifts, not all from the same group with full extension of the lifting arm/s; maximum of 1 twist lift; maximum of 2 different throw jumps; maximum of 1 solo jump; maximum of 1 jump combination or sequence; maximum of 1 pair spin combination; maximum of 1 death spiral; maximum of 1 choreographic sequence. Any additional element or elements exceeding the prescribed numbers will not be counted in the result of a pair. Only the first attempt (or allowed number of attempts) of an element will be taken into account.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:10 PM, Paskud said:

Interview part 2

Yuzu's part 

Spoiler

DeepL automatic translation: 

- There is a famous video, where Chiba is patted on the head from Hanyu, when he was young.

At that time Hanyu was like a "older brother" who played with me. Later on Hanyu started winning many medals in overseas competitions, but it wasn't until I was in elementary school that I finally realized that he was an amazing person (laughs). By the way he never gave me any advice, and I really felt like he was my "older brother" For example, back then, when I came home from kindergarten and started practicing, Hanyu's practice was just about to finish, and I remember that he used to play with me.

-At the 2019 All Japan Championship, I also met Hanyu again.

Since he had become more and more active while I hadn't seen him for a long time, I felt as if he had become a bit distant from my "older brother" who played with me. However, when I met him again, he treated me like he used to, so I thought, "I remembered you!" And felt a little relieved.

:11135030: