Technical problems

Hello, I have a really weird issue that's caused a bit of confusion and grief.

I just received a PM from another user asking why I had copied their blog and their interests from their profile. Thing is, they were already filled in when I created my account and I thought it was something automatically filled in - like our ranks - by whoever set up the forum and was some sort of inside joke. So I just left it there because I don't have a website to list anway (didn't even realise the website listed was real because I assumed it was a joke left by admins) and wasn't really concerned about listing my interests (and what was written was odd enough to make me chuckle.) I'm not sure how this works at all but I wonder what could have caused that? I feel like I'll be branded a profile thief forever. :sorrow:

I can PM the name of the user if you need. If it happened to me it may have happened to somone else which means that user's profile information may have appeared in other profiles besides mine which wouldn't be the greatest for them. Again, this is all beyond me and I was quite taken aback when I received their message. 

ETA

I don't remember the date the forum was created but I just checked and they joined on May 8 and I on May 10. Obviously this isn't the most pertinent issue (though I would like to clear my name - that's my proble, though) but it is pretty odd. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Just now, Pamigena said:

@SparkleSalad I'm fairly certain you're not a profile thief ;) I think it's just a technical glitch. After the server move, there was at least one user who suddenly had my location displayed. And I just checked, she also has my tumblr website listed. The profile info must have gotten scrambled somehow.

Ah, sweet vindication! Honestly, my worst fear is being falsely accused of anything, no matter how small, so I got a tiny bit rattled. (ie. I may have died a bit because of my delicate and fragile frog heart.:13877886:)

22 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Ah, sweet vindication! Honestly, my worst fear is being falsely accused of anything, no matter how small, so I got a tiny bit rattled. (ie. I may have died a bit because of my delicate and fragile frog heart.:13877886:)

I wasn't even aware of this issue, thanks for bringing this up!! And I'm sorry it caused a misunderstanding :sadPooh: 

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

No problem! I kind of just assumed this place was being run by strange admins who left weird stuff as default info for us until now. :laughing: 

Oh shoot I thought we were doing a good job at hiding that we're weirdos.... :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Sorry...another problem: since a few days I have to sign in again every time after changing the page or going back to the home button....and it makes no difference if I sign in on pc or on ipad...is there help possible or is this some kind of glitch on my side?

Many greetings,

raebia