Technical problems

16 minutes ago, araa said:

Is there a specific reason why 100 posts are now required to see videos? I've been on PH for about a year now but recently decided to join last month because why not. But I'm not a poster, I only use PH to rewatch old vids and stay updated with Yuzu updates. I just think it's a shame to have a barrier now and forced to interact just to get those vids. I would recommend fans that are interested in Yuzu this website because of the content but the 100 posts is a big turn off 😞 

12 minutes ago, Nightingale415 said:

I’m also wondering if there’s a reasoning for this decision. On any given forum or similar sites there will always be a large-ish group of users who just are not heavy posters. I have always tended to be more of a lurker across all platforms, and this just seems like an odd choice. I love this site, and as a newer fanyu it has been hugely helpful and enjoyable. This decision makes it much harder for new fans. It also seems unlikely to inspire real engagement because people may just randomly comment/post for the sake of reaching the required 100 posts.  

1 hour ago, hunny said:

I checked my profile - I've managed 50 posts since April 2018. I'm just not a big poster.

At this rate, it would be 2028 till I could watch a vid here again.

I am a copious 'like'r  -  though not consistent - could there be some version of 'amount of likes given' to add in to the total to 'qualify'? Or time since joining?

I adore Yuzuru, I'm deeply grateful for this site, but I really don't want to make 50 comments for the sake of making 50 comments, to regain access to the vids. Is there any possibility of flexibility here?  Thanks so much. x x x

unfortunately we have been reported for copyright infringement and our videos are getting deleted soon

we are trying to restore them but that will take some time so we locked down the section for now until then

we will hopefully be able to revisit this in the near future but for now we are being cautious :/ 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

unfortunately we have been reported for copyright infringement and our videos are getting deleted soon

we are trying to restore them but that will take some time so we locked down the section for now until then

we will hopefully be able to revisit this in the near future but for now we are being cautious :/ 

Thank you for explaining. Sorry this is the reason!

It also helps to understand why it wasn't 'writ large' on the vids page, but only appears when a vid is clicked.

Will there be an announcement somewhere 'then' - when the lockdown may be unlocked, or will it be more a case of just checking in periodically, to see?

:peekapooh::thanks:   x x x

4 hours ago, hunny said:

I checked my profile - I've managed 50 posts since April 2018. I'm just not a big poster.

At this rate, it would be 2028 till I could watch a vid here again.

I am a copious 'like'r  -  though not consistent - could there be some version of 'amount of likes given' to add in to the total to 'qualify'? Or time since joining?

I adore Yuzuru, I'm deeply grateful for this site, but I really don't want to make 50 comments for the sake of making 50 comments, to regain access to the vids. Is there any possibility of flexibility here?  Thanks so much. x x x

Yes same here... I'm trying to be more active but since I just became a fan and there is still so much for me to get to know about Yuzu there is not much I can add aside from some "I agree" comments haha 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh no, that would be really unfortunate if that happened! I understand the caution, though is there any way to change the rule to maybe 50 posts or 100 likes? Or something that isn't such a big barrier haha. 

Oh dear noo. I also seemed to not have permission to view an existing thread previously (International Fans Tickets). I wonder if that section got locked too or it's taken down. :(

EDIT: Eh it's back up.. been checking every few hours. Thanks! :happy0007:

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Come to the general thread and start posting there (I've tagged you). We'll help and soon you'll see the barrier won't feel that high. :img_21:

I understand the reason, but unfortunately to someone with social anxiety, 100 posts will still feel like a massive barrier. It took me years of lurking to start posting on literally any social media. I've had my Twitter since 2012, but I only started feeling comfortable tweeting about a month ago...

5 hours ago, scarfyfulness said:

I understand the reason, but unfortunately to someone with social anxiety, 100 posts will still feel like a massive barrier. It took me years of lurking to start posting on literally any social media. I've had my Twitter since 2012, but I only started feeling comfortable tweeting about a month ago...

Thank you so much for sharing this and posting the first time here. We take seriously the input we receive and have to ponder what to do for the future. If changes are made, we will communicate it in the General Yuzuru Chat and also in our Forum's Rules section.

Is this why people are spamming the video section with pointless comments instead of actually participating in discussions? I came back from a one-day (ONE DAY) inactivity and the "Unread comments" page (which I always check so I don't lose anything) is full of nonsense and I have to dig till New Zealand to find actual new comments. And blocking users doesn't work because their comments still come up in that page with the "you decided to ignore this user but s/he left a message in this topic" so I still need to dig a lot to read this forum.

I can understand people are "frustrated" about this new rule and I sympathise with people who are shy (I was one, too) but this is ridiculous. Just be patient.

Sorry I'm just frustrated that I need to spend my hour of lunch break that I usually use to get new stuff from this forum, wasted by spam.

On 3/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, 102090 said:

Yes same here... I'm trying to be more active but since I just became a fan and there is still so much for me to get to know about Yuzu there is not much I can add aside from some "I agree" comments haha 

Ohh... that's interesting about the posting/comments rules...I didn't even know it exists. Haven't even tried to watch video here yet 😂

2 hours ago, LaCarmi said:

Is this why people are spamming the video section with pointless comments instead of actually participating in discussions? I came back from a one-day (ONE DAY) inactivity and the "Unread comments" page (which I always check so I don't lose anything) is full of nonsense and I have to dig till New Zealand to find actual new comments. And blocking users doesn't work because their comments still come up in that page with the "you decided to ignore this user but s/he left a message in this topic" so I still need to dig a lot to read this forum.

I can understand people are "frustrated" about this new rule and I sympathise with people who are shy (I was one, too) but this is ridiculous. Just be patient.

Sorry I'm just frustrated that I need to spend my hour of lunch break that I usually use to get new stuff from this forum, wasted by spam.

you're right. An annoying side effect of this new rule. I completely understand the need for it but it's really annoying that people have to force themselves to write and then spam the forum in order to access the videos again. However, I think you can understand how difficult it is to give up those videos....is there not another solution? 

On 3/22/2023 at 12:35 PM, yywings said:

Oh dear noo. I also seemed to not have permission to view an existing thread previously (International Fans Tickets). I wonder if that section got locked too or it's taken down. :(

EDIT: Eh it's back up.. been checking every few hours. Thanks! :happy0007:

Please, could you help me to find it, it seems for me it is like "you don't have permission to view this topic" 😢