Technical problems

4 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I don't know if it only appears so to me but every time I embed something from Twitter I can only see the link even if I have chosen to embed the post fully. Maybe others see it normally just like everyone's embeded posts seem normal to me.

For me it varies from post to post. Sometimes it appears embedded, sometimes as a link, sometimes not even as a link (in the latter case I mark it as a link).

And yesterday I sent one which was embedded, but at a very large size. I'm afraid I gave a moderator the chore of suppressing the embedding and mark it as a link.

8 hours ago, hananistellata said:

So I guess it's just a glitch, right?

hm, sometimes you have to paste it and wait a while before it gets embedded. and other times, if it's not a link to the tweet, but a link to a picture or something, it won't embed. it's finicky, haha. it only works if it's like twitter.com/username/status/... altho sometimes you have to repaste it a few times for it to "catch."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a big deal, but the search bar (usually just under the banner) seems to be missing in the web version (laptop) with the new Tenchi theme. I see it using my phone browser just fine, and everything is fine with all the other themes on my laptop. So it's missing specifically using chrome for laptop with the Tenchi theme. :huh:

14 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Not a big deal, but the search bar (usually just under the banner) seems to be missing in the web version (laptop) with the new Tenchi theme. I see it using my phone browser just fine, and everything is fine with all the other themes on my laptop. So it's missing specifically using chrome for laptop with the Tenchi theme. :huh:

I have it. It must be a question of browser?

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

oh yes, i also see it's missing...

eta: it should be fixed?

I see that people were experiencing difficulties seeing instagram + twitter embedded content, in March. I was having the same difficulties recently - seeing only text links, which vanished when I clicked on them, or sometimes seeing only a space.

I was using Safari, on Mac laptops. I switched to using Firefox, on same Macs, and it's working well again now. So, some Safari issue was causing it.

Since I've figured the workaround, I won't bother investigating further re Safari - it's possibly an update issue at my side.

I figure it may be useful for someone else to know that using Firefox browser has sorted it out for me, for now. x x x :dancingpooh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi!

Need some help.

I was trying to make a poll in the thread of the letter to ISU action and now I cannot reply in this thread. I'm not sur eif it's only me or this is happening for everyone.

This is the thread 

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 months later...