Technical problems

Is there a problem in the views counting?

There is a new thread for BTS fans in Space Junk, with 6 answers and 0 view (and I went there several times without answering, as well as others certainly).

By the way, when I see all functions coming back to their best (lately the Twitter icon), I am so grateful to all those who are working so hard on it!

On 10/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, Veveco said:

I'm not getting notifications for threads I'm following. Not the end of the world but I thought I should mention it in case it's a general issue. 

(I know you have all been working hard to fix the recent bugs so thank you for all the hard work!! :bow:)

can you give me the names of the threads that you didn't receive notifications for? thanks!

On 10/13/2020 at 2:49 PM, SitTwizzle said:

Is there a problem in the views counting?

There is a new thread for BTS fans in Space Junk, with 6 answers and 0 view (and I went there several times without answering, as well as others certainly).

By the way, when I see all functions coming back to their best (lately the Twitter icon), I am so grateful to all those who are working so hard on it!

On 10/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, Veveco said:

I'm not getting notifications for threads I'm following. Not the end of the world but I thought I should mention it in case it's a general issue. 

(I know you have all been working hard to fix the recent bugs so thank you for all the hard work!! :bow:)

there were a variety of issues caused by a cron job not running...fixing it fixed the views count and mayy have fixed other issues. @Veveco can you let me know if you have started to receive notifications for threads you're following? if not i can file a ticket. thanks!

37 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

there were a variety of issues caused by a cron job not running...fixing it fixed the views count and mayy have fixed other issues. @Veveco can you let me know if you have started to receive notifications for threads you're following? if not i can file a ticket. thanks!

The notifications seem to be back and in order! :agree:

18 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Can you give a specific example where it glitched? Like which thread and maybe which post(s) you didn't receive notifs for 

For instance, I'm not getting any notifications for the General Yuzuru Chat for new messages (unless it's a reaction to my posts, for that I get notified). The last notification I got was 17h ago (so I thought it was fixed then). Obviously there have been a lot of new messages since yesterday. 

(Eta: I just checked and I'm still following the thread for new messages in theory)

But I got notifications for Team Russia less than 1h ago. (I guess not even a bug will spare us from the drama....). So it's not all threads... :confused:

Thank you for taking the time to look at the issue! :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 9:55 AM, Veveco said:

For instance, I'm not getting any notifications for the General Yuzuru Chat for new messages (unless it's a reaction to my posts, for that I get notified). The last notification I got was 17h ago (so I thought it was fixed then). Obviously there have been a lot of new messages since yesterday. 

(Eta: I just checked and I'm still following the thread for new messages in theory)

But I got notifications for Team Russia less than 1h ago. (I guess not even a bug will spare us from the drama....). So it's not all threads... :confused:

Thank you for taking the time to look at the issue! :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Do you get notifications now?

• 4 months later...

re. instagram embeds:

Unfortunately, Facebook (who also own Instagram) have removed the oEmbed points as we had them previously. As part of their Graph v8 changes (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/changelog/version8.0#social-plugins and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram/oembed/) they deprecated the old oEmbed endpoints and now require that you create an application with Facebook and use a new endpoint. It’s something we’re going to look into, but we had no choice but to disable the existing oEmbed methods while we work on that.

So I guess it's just not available for now.