Technical problems

Just now, Neenah said:

It was not as bad as the first day of FOI.. The forum slowed down a lot and I even got an error message saying that the server was taking to long to respond a couple of times.

Yes, that seems to be the lag that most users noticed. Did it happen to you right around when the Chopin news was released, too? Or sometime else?

I noticed that today my ava is suddenly gone and if I try to reupload it from my pc or to import it from url I get this message

You are not allowed to upload animated images

I've already tried with other gifs, same message.

It's not a catastrophe, of course,:laughing: I just wanted to know if some settings have changed or such:confused:

Now I'll try to upload a jpeg instead

15 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I noticed that today my ava is suddenly gone and if I try to reupload it from my pc or to import it from url I get this message

You are not allowed to upload animated images

I've already tried with other gifs, same message.

It's not a catastrophe, of course,:laughing: I just wanted to know if some settings have changed or such:confused:

Now I'll try to upload a jpeg instead

We're working on some tweaks on the backend D; sorry! 

I don't know if it dates back to spam alert when this site was first put up or maybe whatever platform this is on is considered a "social" platform, but this site is completely blocked by my work. Can't exactly ask them to fix it since I should be working. I didn't have the same problem with GS so I think it's this site specifically that's being blocked by my work. Did we ever get that spam message problem straightened out?

2 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

I don't know if it dates back to spam alert when this site was first put up or maybe whatever platform this is on is considered a "social" platform, but this site is completely blocked by my work. Can't exactly ask them to fix it since I should be working. I didn't have the same problem with GS so I think it's this site specifically that's being blocked by my work. Did we ever get that spam message problem straightened out?

If you mean the security alert then, yes, that was sorted out.

Can you try accessing this site? https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

18 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i can access the invision site from opera and chrome but for some reason planethanyu is completely blocked by opera/chrome

i normally use opera/chrome to access planethanyu and it was fine yesterday but not today

it keeps saying:

i made a screenshot of this but i can't post it on here because i'm typing this on firefox but planethanyu is half broken in firefox - i can't insert any media, emoticons, images, attachments, etc.

Interesting, I think you're the second person who got this. I'll look into it.

Sorry, but last hour I have had also problems to access the site, with firefox as well as with safari, from laptop and tablet both.

For me the site/forum was not reachable at all, and the message I received said that the page could be not opened because there were to many readdresses (safari) or something like the server was not responding in the right way (firefox).

Now I have had finally the access but the banner looks something like a dotted impressionist painting...

6 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

Sorry, but last hour I have had also problems to access the site, with firefox as well as with safari, from laptop and tablet both.

For me the site/forum was not reachable at all, and the message I received said that the page could be not opened because there were to many readdresses (safari) or something like the server was not responding in the right way (firefox).

Now I have had finally the access but the banner looks something like a dotted impressionist painting...

Yeah, we're having slight technical difficulties. We're trying to fix everything as quickly as possible, sorry for the inconvenience :sorry:

9 minutes ago, Emzie said:

Yeah, we're having slight technical difficulties. We're trying to fix everything as quickly as possible, sorry for the inconvenience :sorry:

Ok, I see that is a general issue and that you are already aware of all. Good woork and good luck (and thank to all the admins and mods for the efforts made and to be made in fixing it  :grouphug:!)

Hi, sorry to bother you but today I had a new problem: first I signed in, and I had to do it twice, as if I was not recognized as user, then I accessed the thread to read / post (that about FaOI in Kobe), but every time after that I tryed to go to the home or to refresh, I was signed out, so that I had to resign (every time twice) and so on...can you check if is a site problem or my problem (I'm connecting via laptop through firefox).

Thank you in advance :pbow:

EDIT: I tryed to solve the problem quitting firefox and connecting again, and it seems that now the access to the site works properly. So maybe it was my problem...?

6 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

Hi, sorry to bother you but today I had a new problem: first I signed in, and I had to do it twice, as if I was not recognized as user, then I accessed the thread to read / post (that about FaOI in Kobe), but every time after that I tryed to go to the home or to refresh, I was signed out, so that I had to resign (every time twice) and so on...can you check if is a site problem or my problem (I'm connecting via laptop through firefox).

Thank you in advance :pbow:

We don't really know why this happens but I had the same problem before (I couldn't log in from the index page and everytime I accessed the index page I would be logged out again. Also on firefox)

What helped was restarting the browser. Hope that helps you, too!