Technical problems

3 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

can we raise funds to release an app version of the web on mobile? it doesnt run sometimes on mobile.

The company of the forum software we use will have to provide an app first. (Invisionpower) We can't really do much about it

• 1 month later...

Since several hours ago many of the text on this forum have been displayed in thinner characters and become a bit hard to read. I'm using chrome now, and when I access here via firefox and mobile phone the font looks like the one I was seeing before. Is it just me or is it because of chrome? I can switch to FF but somehow it takes a lot of time to load this forum using FF...

How it looks on chrome:

Spoiler

v0daYev.png

How it looks on firefox:

Spoiler

DI5w7Qw.jpg

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Since several hours ago many of the text on this forum have been displayed in thinner characters and become a bit hard to read. I'm using chrome now, and when I access here via firefox and mobile phone the font looks like the one I was seeing before. Is it just me or is it because of chrome? I can switch to FF but somehow it takes a lot of time to load this forum using FF...

How it looks on chrome:

Hide contents

v0daYev.png

How it looks on firefox:

Hide contents

DI5w7Qw.jpg

Hm, we definitely did not change the font so do you think it could be a zoom/magnification issue? Is it similar to something like this? https://superuser.com/questions/958138/why-is-my-font-displaying-so-thin-and-almost-unreadable

It says maybe try Ctrl+0 to restore it to original zoom. (Or Cmd+0 on mac) does that work?

14 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hm, we definitely did not change the font so do you think it could be a zoom/magnification issue? Is it similar to something like this? https://superuser.com/questions/958138/why-is-my-font-displaying-so-thin-and-almost-unreadable

It says maybe try Ctrl+0 to restore it to original zoom. (Or Cmd+0 on mac) does that work?

Thank you for a speedy response (and sorry for late reply...)
I tried several approaches including Ctrl+0 and other ones suggested on the linked site but could not fix the problem. But since you've made no change about the font, it's something about my browser or PC settings. I think I'm going to try using firefox or a chrome extension to fatten the font for a while.
Thank you so much for the help! :thanks:

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Since the last update to the site the sidebar widgets (current events and others) disappeared from pages other than the homepage (for example if you go to the "unread content"  you will see only the newsletter widget)

Can you fix it please :snonegai:

Fixed :D

• 2 months later...

I was just trying to change my signature now - just replace the gif with another one, from the gif thread - but no matter what I do, I get errors. Even just clicking save on the existing signature gives the same errors. On top there is this:

Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines.

Then below,

And that's for each image, including the badges and the gif - both the current one and the one I wanted to replace it with.

I'm guessing this might be a new issue?

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I was just trying to change my signature now - just replace the gif with another one, from the gif thread - but no matter what I do, I get errors. Even just clicking save on the existing signature gives the same errors. On top there is this:

Then below,

And that's for each image, including the badges and the gif - both the current one and the one I wanted to replace it with.

I'm guessing this might be a new issue?

We're testing a restriction for signature dimensions >___< but afaik it shouldn't be live yet, sorry!

13 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

We're testing a restriction for signature dimensions >___< but afaik it shouldn't be live yet, sorry!

No problem :) It worked now (Enjoying the bigger one while I can, then LOL)

This isn't important, but does anybody else have this happen:

On PM threads, if the next new message from somebody else in the thread moves the thread to the next page, and I click on the '1 new message go to first reply' (or something like that) pop-up, it suddenly says page cannot be displayed. Clicking on the message icon (top right) works as usual. If I just refresh the page instead of clicking on the pop-up alert and then click the next page number, it works, too. 

It's not really an issue, but does it happen to anybody else or is it just me?

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

This isn't important, but does anybody else have this happen:

On PM threads, if the next new message from somebody else in the thread moves the thread to the next page, and I click on the '1 new message go to first reply' (or something like that) pop-up, it suddenly says page cannot be displayed. Clicking on the message icon (top right) works as usual. If I just refresh the page instead of clicking on the pop-up alert and then click the next page number, it works, too. 

It's not really an issue, but does it happen to anybody else or is it just me?

not just you, had that happen as well I just default to always going over the message button :shrug: