Technical problems

46 minutes ago, Joey said:

Yes, I have the same problem as both of you. It really doesn't seem to be related to FireFox or Explorer or whatever... but I'm still stuck with the same problem. Except for when I'm at work, then I can access the site normally - even with the same PC. So it's a WiFi thing maybe....?

I think it might have something to do with that. I tried flushing my DNS like gingers suggested, but that didn't do anything (though i'm not sure i did it right, as there were a lot of different commands on how to do it on a mac). Just now i fiddled a little with the DNS settings under WIFI settings and it seemed to have done the trick. I'm not sure what I did, I clicked on add DNS server and it added 0.0.0.0 automatically and i clicked ok. When I tried the site it worked without VPN.  I don't know if what i did worked or the admins just fixed the problem/ it fixed itself. 

33 minutes ago, Mishmish said:

I think it might have something to do with that. I tried flushing my DNS like gingers suggested, but that didn't do anything (though i'm not sure i did it right, as there were a lot of different commands on how to do it on a mac). Just now i fiddled a little with the DNS settings under WIFI settings and it seemed to have done the trick. I'm not sure what I did, I clicked on add DNS server and it added 0.0.0.0 automatically and i clicked ok. When I tried the site it worked without VPN.  I don't know if what i did worked or the admins just fixed the problem/ it fixed itself. 

Oh, odd...I DID post a support message on the prophpbb board asking them to remove the redirect from our original domain (which was like blueblames.prophpbb.com) to planethanyu.com. That might do the trick..

ETA: can you guys try again? This should have been fixed a couple hours ago.

18 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh, odd...I DID post a support message on the prophpbb board asking them to remove the redirect from our original domain (which was like blueblames.prophpbb.com) to planethanyu.com. That might do the trick..

ETA: can you guys try again? This should have been fixed a couple hours ago.

Just a little while ago I got the "your connection is not private" warning again, but when I clicked on proceed to the website anyway it went to this forum, whereas before it went to the prophpbb payment site. So I think what you did worked! Thanks! :D 

Parts of site interface are now being displayed in Russian.

I guess it's because it checks my IP address. The thing is I usually prefer interface to be the same with main language used on the site, but I can't change it now.

UCnnT9j.png

When I click on "English" I go to the blank page with url https://planethanyu.com/language/?csrfKey=xxxxxxxx and when I open main page again I see that nothing changed.

I tried to the same on phone, but mobile version seems to have the same problem.

(Hydro edit: The url you posted contains some info about your account, i edited it so no one can misuse it, sorry!)

@DaraI am currently working on uploading the translations for japanese,  russian and traditional and simplified chinese. There is a glitch that doesn't allow you to change the language (i am desperately looking for a solution)  I could change your default language to english if you like.

@Fay you need to have your browser configured to use russian as main language, which browser are you using?

12 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

@DaraI am currently working on uploading the translations for japanese,  russian and traditional and simplified chinese. There is a glitch that doesn't allow you to change the language (i am desperately looking for a solution)  I could change your default language to english if you like.

@Fay you need to have your browser configured to use russian as main language, which browser are you using?

Right... I'm using Firefox, but with English configuration. And a Russian-run Yandex - which shows an English-language version anyway.

Just now, Hydroblade said:

@Fay do you want me to change your language to russian?

Not really so far - I prefer English. But I'd love a chance of having a possibillity to check on the translation later. Can you disable Russian so far until we get to the root  of the matter and see how it can be switched manually?

Just now, Fay said:

Not really so far - I prefer English. But I'd love a chance of having a possibillity to check on the translation later. Can you disable Russian so far until we get to the root  of the matter and see how it can be switched manually?

sure. I am diving deep DEEP into the code to see why the selection isn't working...

37 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

I noticed some delays while everyone is commenting on the FOI thread. Did we have a high amount of traffic and did you notice the server maxing out at all?

Thanks for the info, yes we had the most traffic we have recorded so far. We are still testing our servers so this is good to know!

3 hours ago, liha said:

Thanks for the info, yes we had the most traffic we have recorded so far. We are still testing our servers so this is good to know!

It was not as bad as the first day of FOI.. The forum slowed down a lot and I even got an error message saying that the server was taking to long to respond a couple of times.