2021 Rostelecom Cup - Tickets and Discussion

Really hope I get to see Yuzu. Will be following closely this thread.

Entry requirement will be most complicated ever. Does any one know about PCR-test requirement? Seems like one need to do one after lending in Russia.

But for people who are flying into (say) Moscow and then transfer to Sochi, how & where get we get tested? and what is the reasonable transfer time we should plan? Please can you share some info if you know?

The tickets are on sale here https://kassir-ru.ru/bilety-sport/product/bilety-na-isu-gran-pri-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-kubok-rostelekom-vi-etap-26-noyabrya-2021-ledovyj-dvorec-ajsberg-sochi-turnir-rostelecom-cup-2021-2022

The prices are in rubles for one day (all days cost the same), and in 2019 I paid less for GPF Torino 😢

If you're flying through Moscow, you can do PCR test at the airport (they say the urgent variant is ready in 2 hours, also there is a line up there, so leave time for that) , but will you be allowed into the country without it? I've no idea

Was anyone able to pick an actual seat or just a section?  Also did you get your actual ticket by email yet?  I only got confirmation of payment and then a confirmation saying the sections again but no actual seats that I can tell. Also no PDF of a ticket to print out. I’m hoping they just haven’t sent them out yet and that I didn’t mess something up. 

I have spent the whole pandemic being so, so careful. Staying home where I can. Wearing masks all the time. Got vaccinated as soon as possible. Still wearing masks. But just buy myself a ticket to Rostelecom and suddenly the whole thing goes kablooey. I was “keeping my options open” by buying the tickets, but now I’m googling visas and looking at plane ticket prices.

Congrats to everyone who bought tickets! You are tempting me. I just took a peek at the ticket site. LOL!

7 hours ago, Blackberry said:

I have spent the whole pandemic being so, so careful. Staying home where I can. Wearing masks all the time. Got vaccinated as soon as possible. Still wearing masks. But just buy myself a ticket to Rostelecom and suddenly the whole thing goes kablooey. I was “keeping my options open” by buying the tickets, but now I’m googling visas and looking at plane ticket prices.

If you're fully vaccinated, you should be OK. Make sure you bring lots of good masks since you might be surrounded by screaming, unmasked spectators. There is a small chance of break-through cases, so you'll want a contingency plan in case you have to quarantine in Russia. I remember that happened to a tennis player, but he was not vaccinated.