2021 Rostelecom Cup - Tickets and Discussion

3 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I'll put up with just about anything if it means seeing Yuzuru skating again!! :love: 

We must be crazy to put ourselves through this lol!! :facepalm:

Just a little bit 😂 I just spent way too much money on my trip to Sochi… I am broke now. Send help. 

For those interested, I sent my visa application to the Visa Center in Houston and got a same day notification that they were sending it on to the embassy. So it does look like it’s not going into a void. Whew. 

39 minutes ago, Blackberry said:

For those interested, I sent my visa application to the Visa Center in Houston and got a same day notification that they were sending it on to the embassy. So it does look like it’s not going into a void. Whew. 

oh awesome! I was planning on sending mine here. what address did you use? and did you just send it through the mail, or were you able to get a label from them? thanks for sharing!!!

33 minutes ago, aisthuu said:

oh awesome! I was planning on sending mine here. what address did you use? and did you just send it through the mail, or were you able to get a label from them? thanks for sharing!!!

I sent it via UPS next day air to:

Russian Visa Centre, Binz Building
1001 Texas St, Ste 220, Houston, TX 77002, United States

Don’t think you need to do next day air  but I was super nervous about sending off my passport. 

3 hours ago, Blackberry said:

I sent it via UPS next day air to:

Russian Visa Centre, Binz Building
1001 Texas St, Ste 220, Houston, TX 77002, United States

Don’t think you need to do next day air  but I was super nervous about sending off my passport. 

thank you so much for this info!! <3  really appreciated

For Americans - what all did you send to the consulates in addition to your passport? Did you send hotel confirmation or just visa invitation like from one of those websites? Does anyone know how long the turn around usually is on getting the visa? 

Well, I might be a little bit fucked. I'm a US citizen currently working in Germany for three months on a 90 day tourist visa, and I initially read online that I could get a visa from the Russian consulate in Germany. Turns out they only issue it to foreigners if they have a German residency permit, which I do not. :(

I'm looking into mailing my passport back to the US and having it issued from there and mailed back to me, but I'm not sure if that's allowed or if I'd even be okay being in Germany without my passport (I'd keep a photocopy of it of course, but still....). If anyone has any advice, I'd definitely appreciate it. If it doesn't work out, does anyone know the best way to go about reselling tickets? :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

20 minutes ago, azelais said:

Well, I might be a little bit fucked. I'm a US citizen currently working in Germany for three months on a 90 day tourist visa, and I initially read online that I could get a visa from the Russian consulate in Germany. Turns out they only issue it to foreigners if they have a German residency permit, which I do not. :(

I'm looking into mailing my passport back to the US and having it issued from there and mailed back to me, but I'm not sure if that's allowed or if I'd even be okay being in Germany without my passport (I'd keep a photocopy of it of course, but still....). If anyone has any advice, I'd definitely appreciate it. If it doesn't work out, does anyone know the best way to go about reselling tickets? :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Definitely talk to the US embassy in Germany first! I know that US military in Germany for example have issues traveling to Russia, as they don’t have a resident’s permit but rather a SOFA arrangement/ papers. Your best bet is to first speak to the US embassy about your issue. I’m not sure there’s much you can do considering you need your passport with you in Germany. The max you can do is hope the US embassy has options for obtaining a Russian visa as a tourist in Germany.

Please also don’t mention you’re working in Germany under a tourist visa as that may cause issues ;) 

1 minute ago, riversong said:

Definitely talk to the US embassy in Germany first! I know that US military in Germany for example have issues traveling to Russia, as they don’t have a resident’s permit but rather a SOFA arrangement/ papers. Your best bet is to first speak to the US embassy about your issue. I’m not sure there’s much you can do considering you need your passport with you in Germany. The max you can do is hope the US embassy has options for obtaining a Russian visa as a tourist in Germany.

Please also don’t mention you’re working in Germany under a tourist visa as that may cause issues ;) 

Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely contact them :)

And no worries with the working thing, it’s not a normal job haha. It’s actually an internship through a program with the German government so it’s all good :) 

34 minutes ago, azelais said:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely contact them :)

And no worries with the working thing, it’s not a normal job haha. It’s actually an internship through a program with the German government so it’s all good :) 

Of course! I hope it works out for you :) 

2 hours ago, azelais said:

For Americans - what all did you send to the consulates in addition to your passport? Did you send hotel confirmation or just visa invitation like from one of those websites? Does anyone know how long the turn around usually is on getting the visa? 

I sent exactly the information requested on the website: 

* visa invitation

* visa application

* copy of passport information page

* passport 

* passport photo

* absurdly large application fee, paid by money order

I think I saw 3-4 weeks as the turnaround suggested, and will let people know when it looks like mine is getting processed, since I think I’m one of the first to get it in.

1 hour ago, Orsa2017 said:

Err.. Is there a schedule for Rostelecom Cup out there (competition & practice), or is it yet to be announced?!  :matrix: I searched, but couldn't find any..

Schedule is on the last page

file