2021 Rostelecom Cup - Tickets and Discussion

Congrats to all who got tickets! I'm  not going to CoR, but if anyone is interested, please  check out the following:

I'm more than happy to send badges to anyone who would like one for use at any CoR-related PH satellite gatherings, just get in contact with me via DM. Bear in mind that CoR isn't all that long from now so let me know soon, so that the badges have time to reach you by mail. 

Does anybody want a Section C3, Row 11 ticket? I got it from the kassir-ru.ru. Would like to sell it at its face value ( 14500 rub), if no one wants it, then I'll try to get refund (fingers crossed) or dispute through my credit card. I just don't want to waste a good seat, if mutuals on the Planet would want it!

DM me if interested! Electronic ticket can be sent now.

Fyi, in case it helps anyone.

I booked a hotel with Omega Sirius through b.com but they just informed me that they don’t issue tourist vouchers/letter of invitation for visa processing. None of the travel agencies where I am offer assistance so my only option is to book through a hotel that will issue it. 

I was also messaging the hotel through b.com. 

41 minutes ago, riversong said:

So I got a ticket for Rostelecom. Does anyone have tips on visa application from Germany?

if your accommodation issues invitation letters, you can go directly to apply for a visa at the russian embassy. You need to apply for an appointment online first.

if you don‘t get an invitation letter, you need to use an agency, like: https://www.buch-dein-visum.de/russland-touristenvisum.htm

1 hour ago, filed_under said:

Fyi, in case it helps anyone.

I booked a hotel with Omega Sirius through b.com but they just informed me that they don’t issue tourist vouchers/letter of invitation for visa processing. None of the travel agencies where I am offer assistance so my only option is to book through a hotel that will issue it. 

I was also messaging the hotel through b.com. 

You do not necessarily need the tourist voucher from the hotel. You can apply for one  through sites such as waytorussia.net or visatoruss.com from anywhere.

They cost anywhere from 10 to 30 euros. 

20 часов назад, Whoopiewoop сказал:

Yeah, they are all gone now. Yesterday I just saw seats being available again in C2 and I thought it would be better to get tickets facing skaters rather than on the ends where I had to settle with. At least I'm not too far from the ice.

It's a shame they don't offer upgrades - they might want to rethink that in the future. :crybaby:

Well, if you have short side close to the ice, in my opinion it is good, I will be in D3 myself. Most elements skaters do in the corners anyway and A section, which should be judges side, seems to be blocked for VIPs etc.

Don't think they would, that's why buying a ticket is such a gamble everytime.

Everyone who is going be careful out there. U.S. has Russia under Level 4 travel advisory - Do Not travel: 

Do not travel to Russia due to terrorism, harassment by Russian government security officials, the embassy’s limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law. Reconsider travel due to COVID-19 and related entry restrictions.

Everyone stay safe. And have fun!

17 時間前, Blackberryさんが言いました:

Sending everything off for the visa tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

@Blackberry to which visa center are you going to send your documents?  I am thinking about Russian Visa center at Washinton DC.   I called today 10 times and finally someone picked up, and said I have to send them to the different address as they are now working from home.  The address he gave me was his home address.  I am a bit scared to ship my passport there. 

7 minutes ago, StrawberryChicago said:

@Blackberry to which visa center are you going to send your documents?  I am thinking about Russian Visa center at Washinton DC.   I called today 10 times and finally someone picked up, and said I have to send them to the different address as they are now working from home.  The address he gave me was his home address.  I am a bit scared to ship my passport there. 

I sent it to the center in Houston. I didn’t call before sending, just sent to the address on the website. Now I’m scared, too!