2021 Rostelecom Cup - Tickets and Discussion

Rostelecom Cup 2021 will take place in Iceberg Skating Palace in Sochi, Russia between 26-28 November 2021. All informations about how to get tickets, travel (including how to get visa), accommodation & how to get to the arena etc can be posted here.

Quoting some posts from the General Yuzuru Chat re the competition:

On 6/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, filed_under said:

Hi everyone, does anyone have info on how I can buy tickets for Rostelecom Cup?

On 6/29/2021 at 7:29 PM, Fay said:

The tickets aren’t out yet, no idea when they are starting to sell them. Then they should be available. 
Mind you, travelling within Russia isn’t going to be easy. I am afraid that you’ll have to be fully vaccinated and have proof thereof to be able to board a plane from August 1st. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:32 PM, filed_under said:

Thank you so much! I'm fully vaccinated (though not sure if the vaccine I had is recognized by Russia) but just looking at how much the cost is going to be before I commit. Still very fearful to travel anywhere though...

On 7/3/2021 at 6:45 PM, Chitsuki said:

I looked into visa first, haha. It sounds like from Canada, there are some hoops to jump through even to get a Russian visa. I was actually wondering if anyone has experience with Russian visas or been to CoR and could share their experience? What I can find re: Russian visa requires some kind of invite letter so if any satellite has advice, would love to hear it! :worship:

On 7/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, gaia said:

have you? I was planning to do that on monday, while checking for flights and visas... hope I'll be able to still find a room. any suggestion for accomodation?
thanks

On 7/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Pammi said:

I looked on booking.com and looked near the venue - I think many bookings have already been made so don't wait for Monday would be my advice!

10 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Could someone confirm for me whether Rostelecom is going to take place at the Iceberg thingy, in Adler, near Sochi? I'm usually good with handling these things - especially having worked for a hotel booking website in the past but not having travelled in over a year has made me horribly rusty and I'm constantly doubting myself :14066882:

7 hours ago, Pammi said:

There is a Sky news (UK) report today on the coronavirus situation in Russia - for those interested (given recent CoR conversations!) it's hidden below (it's not good - some hospital scenes of ICU too so WARNING if you are sensitive to this):

Reveal hidden contents

Is anyone interested in trying to get tickets as a group?  I almost couldn’t go to Rostelecom a few seasons ago because the ticket agency wouldn’t accept my US credit cards. I would help in ways I could if someone wanted to organize a group purchase.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, Upnights said:

Is anyone interested in trying to get tickets as a group?  I almost couldn’t go to Rostelecom a few seasons ago because the ticket agency wouldn’t accept my US credit cards. I would help in ways I could if someone wanted to organize a group purchase.

I would first like to know how much the tickets will cost before making any commitments whatsoever. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Any ideas? What were previous ticket prices for the entire event?
When would they be released? I guess they will go very fast as well so there is not really much time to waste the moment they come out.

I don’t remember how much Rostelecom tickets were a few years ago when I went.  They weren’t more than usual for a Grand Prix event, possibly a bit less than US or Canadian.

10 hours ago, Briq_S said:

I came across this article while I was researching how to travel to Russia. Think it's useful to share: It talked about who can travel to Russia, how to get a visa, how to fly and arrive, what the Covid testing requirements are and what the self-isolation process looks like.

https://waytorussia.net/russia/how-to-travel-coronavirus.html

I'd recommend to check those sites that always provide the official and most up-to-date informations regarding Covid-19 restrictions and visa issues: the homepage of the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs in Russia and the consulate information page in your country (whether it is run by the country you are in or the consulate/embassy of Russia).

I checked the article and I haven't found my country in it which is strange because according to official sources I would be allowed to enter the country if I wanted now. This article may not be accurate by the time fans who plan to travel to Russia for CoR start organizing their trip to the competition either...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:17 AM, Upnights said:

Count me in on this, though I have no idea how to purchase tickets or where :( 

On 7/6/2021 at 11:17 PM, Upnights said:

that's a very good idea. count me in also ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to buy Rostelecom Cup ticket for Men FS in 2018 via Parter website (https://www.parter.ru/en/).

It will provide E-ticket to you via mail but you need to print the ticket to show at venue.

I think Parter will sell FS ticket again this year but you need to check it.

Please remember which seat sector you book it as the ticket will show the detail in Russia language.

I can't remember which seat sector I book but it's very high sector and it cost around 2,200 RUB.

This is the term of use in my E-ticket

ATTENTION! Terms of use
Print your ticket on A4 paper;
Please, keep your ticket safe at all times. Damaged, lost or stolen ticket will not be
reissued;
Please, do not copy or pass your ticket to the third parties.
Only the first person to present a ticket at the entrance will be granted access. A
second entry using a copied or an original ticket is prohibited.

Hope this will help you guys to book the ticket :) 

11 hours ago, duygu said:

Isn't it still announced where to purchase the tickets? I'll go to a competition for the first time and I don't want to miss anything lol

Still no info about the tickets. 

23 hours ago, duygu said:

Isn't it still announced where to purchase the tickets? I'll go to a competition for the first time and I don't want to miss anything lol

As I understand, they usually start the sales in September or early October. 

I don’t want to travel because of COVID but I do want to travel because of Yuzu. Especially because Olympic/NHK/GPF tickets are unlikely, and Autumn Classic looks to be unlikely, too. This is hard. Fingers crossed.