Stars on Ice Hachinohe 2021

16 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

small face.

From Sato Yuka's IG story.

[NEWS]

I can understand a lot. From ice shows even without possible contractual obligations from last year, to group numbers designed by people above. But not this. fts

15 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I can understand a lot. From ice shows even without possible contractual obligations from last year, to group numbers designed by people above. But not this. fts

I guess the idea is they are already in a 'bubble'. No difference if they take a group pic without mask when they were already performing group numbers without mask. If they have been tested frequently, it's probably alright as long as individually, they don't mingle with other people not in the same bubble. 

10 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I guess the idea is they are already in a 'bubble'. No difference if they take a group pic without mask when they were already performing group numbers without mask. If they have been tested frequently, it's probably alright as long as individually, they don't mingle with other people not in the same bubble. 

What bubble?! WTT was less than 2 weeks ago. Cast in Yokohama and Hachinohe is different. Audience literally sits on ice.

The same was during Nagoya Fest. All I'm asking for is to reduce exposure to necessary minimum when they are doing their job. One second without mask is one second too much.

Yes, taking that photo was not the greatest idea, I understand the disappointment and anger (especially from people who have lost a beloved person). But I would like to think that he is the guy who considers details like the timetable for trains, so he probably considered a lot of unknown factors for his risky appearance and even for taking this photo maskless. We don't know many details over the testing regularity, quarantine situation, contracts, backstage management and etc. 

Spoiler

Honestly, I would never ever want to live a day (even a second) as Yuzuru Hanyu, the burden to be perfect and be judged in every possible aspect can kill. 

Just now, Paskud said:

What bubble?! WTT was less than 2 weeks ago. Cast in Yokohama and Hachinohe is different. Audience literraly sits on ice.

The same was during Nagoya Fest. All I'm asking for is to reduce exposure to necessary minimum when they are doing their job. One second without mask is one second too much.

My only assumption is first swap test negative? In you go into the bubble. Done. :shrug:

Of course I don't really know the Japanese's SOP. 

The change in cast between Yokohama and Hachinohe is definitely not ideal and I think the audience packing arrangement is ridiculous (that's not what 50% capacity should look like!). Definitely a trigger for people like you who has lost a love one to the virus. 

The photo is taken on the rink and it appears to me that once they are at backstage, they tend to wear mask? Kinda half-arse method imo but hopefully behind the scene, there are more care taken which is not shown to us. Such that the skaters are all assured enough to appear mask-free when they step onto the ice. 

As for the audience, I can only wish them luck. I saw a female audience shown on news with a mask below her nose. Like really? 

Adding my 2 cents worth on the selfie: I'm not sure whether people realise the sequence of events, this happened after the grand finale on the ice before the audience had even left. After the selfie, Yuzu jumped revenge 3A before leaving the ice.  I'm not sure when people expected the skaters to put on their mask or how to refuse to take group selfie??  Check the tweets from the live audience. 

Was group selfie a good idea given the current covid situation in Japan? No and it doesn't send the correct message.   Was SOI run responsibly? No and I hope Yuzu never participates again.  

I would add to others' comments that the expectations of Yuzu are way too high - he's human and not perfect.  Every photo / video / article invites an opinion good or bad.  Sometimes it's easy to misinterpret material - last week some fanyus thought Yuzu had choreographed the finale with arms around shoulders / high kick because he was instructing other skaters (highly unlikely). Check out @sweetwater post about the SOI traditional finale in the SOI Yokohama thread, I find it a lot more plausible since I could see / hear Yuka Sato in the background giving instructions.

(I know I've forgotten to put on a mask going inside a shop to buy coffee and no one reminded me until I saw the other customers coming inside with a mask on :facepalm:

I'm looking forward to the broadcast tomorrow - for me its a 5am (ish) start but it's a Friday so I'll survive knowing I have the weekend off work :yes2:

Better go see if my isakura subscription is still up to date and functioning!!

I really have loved seeing Yuzuru in real time when I am half the way across the world from him - its so special - the wonders of modern technology, helping us to feel connected.

White LGC is such a gift to us, thank you so much Yuzuru, I would love to see you skate it again on a competition size rink (in white please, I just cant imagine you squeezed into those purple pants with your new proportions :59227c768286a__s:)

Hope you enjoy the last show Yuzuru and all the skaters, you will all have missed skating with your fellow skaters and these few days together will hopefully keep you going through the next months) and I hope that all the skaters remain well and keep safe throughout the spring and summer (social distancing is key folks!!), and the audience too (I do wish they had spaced the audience throughout the stadium...)

4 hours ago, mambook said:

Adding my 2 cents worth on the selfie: I'm not sure whether people realise the sequence of events, this happened after the grand finale on the ice before the audience had even left. After the selfie, Yuzu jumped revenge 3A before leaving the ice.  I'm not sure when people expected the skaters to put on their mask or how to refuse to take group selfie??  Check the tweets from the live audience. 

Was group selfie a good idea given the current covid situation in Japan? No and it doesn't send the correct message.   Was SOI run responsibly? No and I hope Yuzu never participates again.  

I would add to others' comments that the expectations of Yuzu are way too high - he's human and not perfect.  Every photo / video / article invites an opinion good or bad.  Sometimes it's easy to misinterpret material - last week some fanyus thought Yuzu had choreographed the finale with arms around shoulders / high kick because he was instructing other skaters (highly unlikely). Check out @sweetwater post about the SOI traditional finale in the SOI Yokohama thread, I find it a lot more plausible since I could see / hear Yuka Sato in the background giving instructions.

(I know I've forgotten to put on a mask going inside a shop to buy coffee and no one reminded me until I saw the other customers coming inside with a mask on :facepalm:

About the ice kicking part in the finale, I also originally thought it might be suggested by Yuzu cos the first news about the Yokohama stop showed only that part with him talking so yeah, it gave me that idea. However, a later news did show a longer behind-the-scenes and we can see Sato Yuka giving instruction while Yuzu repeats the instruction to the other skaters as he leads and even double checking with Yuka if his understanding was correct. So yes, am pretty sure finale is choreographed by Yuka. 

This is from a fan account. Again, the recount of said OP's cousin and his wife. 

The group photos are not ideal, yes, but if what these people observed is true then at least we know Yuzu tried to keep distance in such situation (and keeping skaters at the back from standing too close too). I'm less sure about those at the front because we at least saw Yuka putting her hands on someone else's shoulders, that should indicate some close distance. 

Anyway, I want to stress that I do agree group photos in such an event should be avoided. It can send out wrong messages about Yuzu and affect his own safety.

Yuzu has been so careful about COVID prevention, so I hope he is even more careful with these things.

6 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I'm counting on them because I didn't buy another subscription to Japan TV. :grin:

Same😅