Accessing Japanese TV online

5 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Just be aware that ads can pop up at any time. I tested it and got a 30sec ad. I don't know how often they pop up though

I was testing the app, Japan TV and ForJoy TV during the weekend to compare image quality, audio, and delay in transmision. While doing that, I also noticed that the app has ads that can pop up at any time. In terms of delay in transmision: the app was a couple of seconds late in comparison to Japan TV, and ForJoy TV was several seconds behind the app. The audio of all 3 worked well and the quality of the image between Japan TV and ForJoy TV was the same (at least with the show I was watching). I use Japan TV and ForJoy TV on my computer. 

Funny enough, I haven't renewed my ForJoy TV subscription for a couple of months, but the app was still working 🤔.

Hope you all can find the services that works best for your devices and needs!!!

В 31.10.2022 в 19:56, LiaRy сказал:

Just be aware that ads can pop up at any time. I tested it and got a 30sec ad. I don't know how often they pop up though

It's a very strange program. I don't have any ads but it freezes every 10-20 seconds when I watch it in the evening. It works ok in the morning. Hope I will find something more convenient  till December

Could someone help me find Prologue on the ForJoyTV player? I signed up for the one month paid subscription and it's working fine, but I can't figure out if I'm on the right channel or not. Instead of channel logos , I see a list of names in kanji, and nothing matches the CS Asahi-2 logo exactly. And the one that comes closest is channel 003 on the player...

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Could someone help me find Prologue on the ForJoyTV player? I signed up for the one month paid subscription and it's working fine, but I can't figure out if I'm on the right channel or not. Instead of channel logos , I see a list of names in kanji, and nothing matches the CS Asahi-2 logo exactly. And the one that comes closest is channel 003 on the player...

Nevermind, I found it! It's actually listed as CS 053 on the ForJoy list.

They're replaying 'Legendary FS performances' right now. Tuktik's 2014 GP Final at the moment

On 11/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, Luminous said:

It's a very strange program. I don't have any ads but it freezes every 10-20 seconds when I watch it in the evening. It works ok in the morning. Hope I will find something more convenient  till December

It freezes for me as well, but the time of the day doesn't matter. The app is definitely not reliable to watch the ice shows.

56 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

It freezes for me as well, but the time of the day doesn't matter. The app is definitely not reliable to watch the ice shows.

I've been testing it this morning and it's definitely not reliable, so I finally paid subscription... My savings are flying slightly these last few days...

45 minutes ago, isabelfm said:

Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this, but i just got TvJapan on my laptop and the quality is ass lol audio seems fine tho. Is it normal to have such a grainy image? Is the quality better if i download the app on my phone?

Japan tv doesn't have the best video quality but it has been reliable since they fixed the problem with the hardware some months ago. I think that the image quality problem is because they receive and transmit the signal almost instantaneously. ForJoy TV has waaaay better image quality but it's almost a minute behind Japan TV

• 5 weeks later...

The saddest thing I noticed about JapanTV is that it dulls the colours. I have in mind the NHK BS4K stream of Yuzu's performances at the 3 Olympics and the 2019 NHK Trophy. I don't know if that only happens with the 4K quality or with the rest of the normal quality streams as well. 

In the quality sense, YoiTV is much better, but JapanTV has the advantage of having the 3-day (reasonably paid) trial while YoiTV has only 1-day free trial.

I wanted to leave this here just for reference if people need to make a decision about which service to engage with.

Edit: Oops, just noticed a similar comment was made by Wintek

@LiaRy i managed to record the NHK special from Yoitv. It definitely wasnt bad quality and I didnt notice the colors being too bad.  There were sections that did have slight delay on it, but after comparing with @Wintek, it seems that was a broadcast issue, not specific to any TV app. I have saved each of the programs fron the NHK special and converted thehm and uploaded them to my google drive- Yuzu_Legend kindly said she would upload them to the Planet for me when she has some tome. 

• 4 months later...