How Does Everyone Cheer for Yuzu?

Hello everyone!

I'm not a new Fanyu, but I am new to the Planet, so it's nice to meet you all! I'm honestly so proud of Yuzu after his Short Program and Free Skate, I'm super excited for his Gala skate on Sunday, I just hope proper safety precautions are in place and that Yuzu and everyone else stays safe.

I was wondering how other Fanyus cheer for Yuzu whenever he's participating in a skating event (competition or ice show). Anytime there's a skating event that Yuzu's part of, I always get together my lucky cats and all my Pooh things to cheer for him and wish him good luck with his skates. I also bake and decorate cookies in support of him. These are what I made for World Team Trophy 2021:

https://imgur.com/holaAg3

https://imgur.com/C6sjlio

I know they're not that good, but it's all to wish Yuzu good luck and cheer for him. How does everybody else cheer for Yuzu?

Thank you for reading, and thank you for creating a place for Fanyus to come together. I look forward to his Gala skate and Stars On Ice! 

• Bubble_Tea_Yuzu changed the title to How Does Everyone Cheer for Yuzu?

I have only known the existence of Yuzu since 14th Feb. Happy Valentines Day to me :)

As there have only been two competitions in which to cheer they have gone something like this (My TV is in my bedroom):

World Championship - Get A cup of hot chocolate, wrap myself up in my doona, keep the window open so the cold keeps me awake and lay there watching all the boys. Then, when it is time for Yuzu, scooch to the end of the bed (about 30cm away from the TV) wrapped in the blanket and bite my knuckles whilst Yelling alternatively YES! nooooooo, YES! nooooo, noooo and start crying because i have just seen perfection. Then watch Nathan and yell "this is a f....n travesty!" And then turn the TV off and go to bed and play act scenarios in my head where somebody realises that Nathan playacts figure skating for the first 3 mins and 30 seconds.

Team Trophy - Because it is in my time zone the first couple of days (pairs, ice dance etc) were whilst i was at work. So, when i got home i was on the ISU you tube page just waiting for any stream to start. I don't have any merchandise, there is no-one in the house to talk to about Yuzu so it was just myself internalising hope, for Yuzu's skate.

I was yelling at Nam and Roman and Shoma "come on, come on" and then "ahhhhhhh noooooo" - I really wanted them all to do well. 

I watched the pairs and ice dance whilst constantly trying to figure out why Yuzu was not in the box cheering them on. 

And when Yuzu skated it was pretty much the same as before - Yes! No! lol. Except this time i actually clapped and said out loud that you did a great job Yuzu. I sang to the music :)

The Free was a replay of the above. I did not want to watch Nathan but thought i should give it a go and take off my bias, looking at it objectively. Nope - he still playacts for the first 3 mins and 30 seconds. The only time i see anything like Figure skating from him is after he completes his jumps. 

Since then i have decided to be behind Yuzu 100% no matter what and i am watching every 4A jump replay and cringing and audibly exclaiming whilst simultaneously saying "go Yuzu!" out loud and clapping my hands. This sounds so silly but it is a pretty accurate description of how i am cheering for Yuzu :)

I usually watch with my mom. Olympics 2018 I was watching live and was so nervous I don't know if I even spoke while he was skating. But inside I was going "Yes!" And on the almost falls "nooooo!"   Lately I've been so nervous about watching Yuzuru that I find out on the planet what happened before I watch lol!  Then I'm prepared. Telling my mom during WTT FS "he messes up a jump at some point"  But I'm always praying he does well! 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:13 AM, SeimeiOrigin said:

I have only known the existence of Yuzu since 14th Feb. Happy Valentines Day to me :)

As there have only been two competitions in which to cheer they have gone something like this (My TV is in my bedroom):

World Championship - Get A cup of hot chocolate, wrap myself up in my doona, keep the window open so the cold keeps me awake and lay there watching all the boys. Then, when it is time for Yuzu, scooch to the end of the bed (about 30cm away from the TV) wrapped in the blanket and bite my knuckles whilst Yelling alternatively YES! nooooooo, YES! nooooo, noooo and start crying because i have just seen perfection. Then watch Nathan and yell "this is a f....n travesty!" And then turn the TV off and go to bed and play act scenarios in my head where somebody realises that Nathan playacts figure skating for the first 3 mins and 30 seconds.

Team Trophy - Because it is in my time zone the first couple of days (pairs, ice dance etc) were whilst i was at work. So, when i got home i was on the ISU you tube page just waiting for any stream to start. I don't have any merchandise, there is no-one in the house to talk to about Yuzu so it was just myself internalising hope, for Yuzu's skate.

I was yelling at Nam and Roman and Shoma "come on, come on" and then "ahhhhhhh noooooo" - I really wanted them all to do well. 

I watched the pairs and ice dance whilst constantly trying to figure out why Yuzu was not in the box cheering them on. 

And when Yuzu skated it was pretty much the same as before - Yes! No! lol. Except this time i actually clapped and said out loud that you did a great job Yuzu. I sang to the music :)

The Free was a replay of the above. I did not want to watch Nathan but thought i should give it a go and take off my bias, looking at it objectively. Nope - he still playacts for the first 3 mins and 30 seconds. The only time i see anything like Figure skating from him is after he completes his jumps. 

Since then i have decided to be behind Yuzu 100% no matter what and i am watching every 4A jump replay and cringing and audibly exclaiming whilst simultaneously saying "go Yuzu!" out loud and clapping my hands. This sounds so silly but it is a pretty accurate description of how i am cheering for Yuzu :)

That all sounds awesome! I agree, whenever Yuzu's on, it's pretty much impossible to have your attention anywhere but on him alone!

I love hearing how others support Yuzu. I don't think what you said is silly at all, but actually very sweet! I'm glad there's a place like this for us all to come together and support / cheer for him <3

18 hours ago, Glory said:

I usually watch with my mom. Olympics 2018 I was watching live and was so nervous I don't know if I even spoke while he was skating. But inside I was going "Yes!" And on the almost falls "nooooo!"   Lately I've been so nervous about watching Yuzuru that I find out on the planet what happened before I watch lol!  Then I'm prepared. Telling my mom during WTT FS "he messes up a jump at some point"  But I'm always praying he does well! 

Aww, that's so sweet! I love hearing how other Fanyus cheer for / show their support for Yuzu. And it's always fun having people to watch / support Yuzu with! I agree, Pyeongchang was intense to watch, but I was honestly so proud watching him not only win, but win a consecutive gold. And there's just something about Pyeongchang Seimei that I can't put into words, it's indescribably beautiful <3

4 hours ago, Bubble_Tea_Yuzu said:

Aww, that's so sweet! I love hearing how other Fanyus cheer for / show their support for Yuzu. And it's always fun having people to watch / support Yuzu with! I agree, Pyeongchang was intense to watch, but I was honestly so proud watching him not only win, but win a consecutive gold. And there's just something about Pyeongchang Seimei that I can't put into words, it's indescribably beautiful <3

For months after he won I would randomly say to my mom "I'm so happy Yuzuru won!" 😊  Even today I'm still so happy.  Best Olympics ever!!