[2021] World Team Trophy (15-18.04) - Fluff, the In-betweens, and GALA

33 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

I hope Liza, Anna and Misha feel really really awkward around all the masks.

I think I saw Gabby telling Lisa where is your mask when they were beside each other.

3 minutes ago, Kadova said:

I think I saw Gabby telling Lisa where is your mask when they were beside each other.

So subtle. I would have plastered that mask on her face with an evil eye and no words.

3 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

So subtle. I would have plastered that mask on her face with an evil eye and no words.

That's too violent for nice Gabby :grin:

I just rewatched Hana wa Saku.

I thought I wouldn't cry, but then I came to the part where Yuzu does his layback ina bauer, and the camera zooms out to show the lights in the audience.

And I was reminded of sixteen year old Yuzuru looking up at the stars, beautiful in spite of the terrible situation, and feeling a sense of hope.

I'm so glad he skated to Hana wa Saku here after all. 

29 minutes ago, Kadova said:

Knowing that Simon does not know much about figure skating, he just sees the surface of things. What he says and thinks is not important to me.

I wish I could feel like that too, but I dont.  To say Nathan is the best as Yuzu is taking his bows after a moving poignant performance of Hana wa Saku is so disrespectful, to Yuzuru, to his audience, and especially the Japanese audience to whom Yuzuru and this song/skate mean so much. Yuzu spoke to us about these difficult times, this skate is meant as a healer for us all....and all Simon can say is Yuzuru is not the best anymore, Nathan is. I want to swear so much!! The height of insensitivity.

But Yuzuru thank you so much, for the light that you bring to us all. We love you lots.

From what I'm hearing I sure am glad I abstained from Simons commentary.

I'm actually thinking of attempting to translate the swedish commentary after Yuzu's skate, because it really touched me.

2 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

From what I'm hearing I sure am glad I abstained from Simons commentary.

I'm actually thinking of attempting to translate the swedish commentary after Yuzu's skate, because it really touched me.

If you can and do so, we'd be grateful!

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Non-Simon-commentary version of HWS and LEmmy!

Thank you sooooo much, I can watch and feel the emotion without numbskull commentary from SR - that I paid for!! Eurosport I want my £6.99 back in fact I want compensation for trauma!!

Eurosport used to have a no commentary stream alongside the other so you could choose no to listen to them - sadly gone now

31 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I wish I could feel like that too, but I dont.  To say Nathan is the best as Yuzu is taking his bows after a moving poignant performance of Hana wa Saku is so disrespectful, to Yuzuru, to his audience, and especially the Japanese audience to whom Yuzuru and this song/skate mean so much. Yuzu spoke to us about these difficult times, this skate is meant as a healer for us all....and all Simon can say is Yuzuru is not the best anymore, Nathan is. I want to swear so much!! The height of insensitivity.

But Yuzuru thank you so much, for the light that you bring to us all. We love you lots.

Oh God, I did not even notice as I was still in Yuzu world if you see what I mean. Talking about a skater while another one is on screen is so rude >:(

Ok, I made an attempt. I've never tried to translate anything before, so this is kind of rough, but I did my best :7938863:

The commentators' names are Katarina Hultling & Angelica Olsson.

*after the ex*

Katarina, sounding close to tears: All figure skaters say, after their performances, that they've hoped that they’ve given the audience a clean skate, that they have done what they said they would do and skated a nice, clean figure skating program. But that’s not enough for this man, Yuzuru Hanyu. He is extremely interested in people understanding the spiritual part that is so important to him in figure skating. He fills his programs with... from the depth of his soul. And he’s very special in that way, he’s very alone in that. 

Angelica: And that's what makes him so special, and that he touches you. You cried to this program at the World Championships, and today I could hardly keep the tears out of my eyes, and… in every movement, there’s an emotion he’s conveying. And it’s not lots of things happening all the time, but instead it’s in the simplicity he speaks. 

Katarina: And you look at the hands and the face and… yes, he’s truly very special, he’s… he always wants to tell a story and wants people to understand him and what he wants to say. At the same time as he of course wants to skate clean and get high marks. 

*Yuzu shown in the k&c*

Katarina: He’s also one of the most humble skaters  

The second part (the encore) wasn’t very interesting to me, except Katarina calls him “deeply artistic and soulful” and points out just how fast he is across the ice. Angelica also says that she’s sure he’s not going to quit until he has landed the quad axel., with Katarina pointing out that he was already the first to land the 4Lo in 2016, but she thinks he wants another one.  

And they don’t mention Nathan once!

This post has been tagged by WinForPooh as [NEWS].