Post Worlds self help thread

robin

I know I am not the only one here feeling deflated and sad about Worlds. I don’t want to rationalize it, that’s just how it is. 

How are you guys feeling and what are you doing to distract yourself/ make yourself feel better? 

I’ve been crying on and off and watching 1995 Pride and Prejudice. It helps minimally. 

I decided to avoid twitter for the next few days. 

It feels weird but after what happened today I've come up with some new ideas for the novel I've been struggling to write for the past two years. My personal silver lining, I guess. I'll try to focus on writing though it's an extremely painful process :breakcomp:

You're all saying that being a fan is a rollercoaster and only now I understand what you really mean, so I've gained more experience and will try to use it.  

1 hour ago, robin said:

I know I am not the only one here feeling deflated and sad about Worlds. I don’t want to rationalize it, that’s just how it is. 

How are you guys feeling and what are you doing to distract yourself/ make yourself feel better? 

I’ve been crying on and off and watching 1995 Pride and Prejudice. It helps minimally. 

Colin Firth was excellent not to say genial (and other actors too) but Yuzuru Hanyu is such a Mr Darcy in character, without those Asperger features.

And, for me, next week is supposed to be of rather painful thoughts, so I guess it will help more than a third Gold.

7 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Colin Firth was excellent not to say genial (and other actors too) but Yuzuru Hanyu is such a Mr Darcy in character, without those Asperger features.

LOL but it’s not Darcy without the social awkwardness

(Colin Firth is my fave Darcy by far I must say)

8 minutes ago, river said:

Trying to get a good workout in to get some endorphins going. It’s... sort of working, I guess...

I tried yoga but could barely focus. A tougher work out might have been better hmm 

49 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

I decided to avoid twitter for the next few days. 

It feels weird but after what happened today I've come up with some new ideas for the novel I've been struggling to write for the past two years. My personal silver lining, I guess. I'll try to focus on writing though it's an extremely painful process :breakcomp:

You're all saying that being a fan is a rollercoaster and only now I understand what you really mean, so I've gained more experience and will try to use it.  

Misery often leads to creativity! I am glad you got something out of it. 

Well you can’t say you haven’t been warned. The highs are high and the lows are low with Yuzu 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Time will heal the wounds, eventually, that’s what Boston experience taught me. But so far I can only avoid all other forums... 

I don’t think this situation is as bad as Boston. And I must say I have already managed to get to the “acceptance” stage of the 5 stages. We’ll be fine...

I have also been avoiding anything general figure skating. I don’t have the resilience to read any opinions right now. I might have even muted some actual friends lol 

1 minute ago, robin said:

LOL but it’s not Darcy without the social awkwardness

(Colin Firth is my fave Darcy by far I must say)

Warning to who hasn't read Pride and Prejudice yet : spoiler.

Spoiler

I think Jane Austen meant to picture great Men's characters, and may have heard about somebody with Asperger and use it to deepen the plot? If Elizabeth Bennet voices her opinion at the piano at Rosings, she probably believed it was curable with training (and it is partly so), and maybe not inherent to Mr Darcy's real character, which is revealed later in the novel?

I feel sort of relieved that this competition is over. I'm exchanging discussion with some of my friends over FB in our little Yuzu group, it's just easier to let my feelings out in my language now. Otherwise I'm going out to my terrace, watching the moon and smoking a lot. It was sunny and warm in the morning but suddenly it's become cold and windy again. Tomorrow I'm going out for a good walk.

Ugh ... I've done lots of things to get my mind of what happened today ... so I cooked, watched some tennis (Miami Open is on these days - and it also wasn't lots of fun bc Simona Halep WD doe to a shoulder injury :( ), listening to some music and took a short walk outside bc it was a beautiful day, today in Bucharest.  Did all of these things helped? I guess, a little ... but I am still kinda depressed ... sigh

I didn't cry for a while and then I couldn't stop crying for a while... I really wish I could do something useful. Despite all the hard times I'm so thankful to Yuzu for being here. I feel like we can't really do anything for him other than to support him like we always do... I was thinking about how maybe trying to "do our best" with authenticity and kindness like he does, in our daily lives, is something we can do, since we're all connected in a way. If our best is self care sometimes, that's okay. Thinking like that makes me feel a little better. I feel like maybe it's okay to be kind of lost for a while. But it hurts. Anyway... I guess it will just take time like it always does. Yuzu will find his way, and so will we.

Well my new way to cope was to sign up here, so hello 👋 

That week was exhausting, and what happened... It’s a lot to process, I’m trying to focus on the positive, the good skate, redirecting the frustration into music and art, this kind of stuff.

But mostly I try to take relief in the fact that Yuzuru is already speaking of the future, of his goals for next season, and most importantly that he believes (rightfully so!) that he has greatly progressed these past few years and is at his best in comparison. It made me so happy to read this. 

Talking with other fans has helped immensely! Now the rest of the healing will be a job only time can do.

1 hour ago, mikawinnie said:

Well my new way to cope was to sign up here, so hello 👋 

That week was exhausting, and what happened... It’s a lot to process, I’m trying to focus on the positive, the good skate, redirecting the frustration into music and art, this kind of stuff.

But mostly I try to take relief in the fact that Yuzuru is already speaking of the future, of his goals for next season, and most importantly that he believes (rightfully so!) that he has greatly progressed these past few years and is at his best in comparison. It made me so happy to read this. 

Talking with other fans has helped immensely! Now the rest of the healing will be a job only time can do.

Hello MikaWinnie. Welcome ! You're right !! :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I'd like to add that Yuzuru's exhibition programme was really perfect to heel pain !