[2021] World Championships - Men's Free Skate

26 minutes ago, JanMary said:

I was feeling really indifferent to Chen's FS so I didn't re-watch it after live. But now I'm considering re-score this FS and see where it goes. My friend told me "maybe you will find Yuzu should be placed first after doing this", and I said "impossible". But when I thought about it again, PCS alone I may score Chen done for 15-20 points, and there is only 30 points gap between them, so... :dontknow: 

Though in this free skating, Yuzuru Hanyu's performance and interpretation were subdued compared with his own standards. I mean, his free at Nationals was worth of 10+, not at Worlds where he "wasn't there" (yet it is still impressive to see the quality of this components "even in his sleep"), and anyway there was the cap.

Capture.png

TES

4Lz                         (1, 2, 3, 5, long preparation -1) = +3

4F+3T                    (2, 3, 5, long preparation -1) = +2

3Lz                         (2, 3, 4, 5) = max +3

4S                           (3) = +1

CCSp4                   (2, 3) = +2

1. CS 2. CU //3. Change of foot executed by jump 4. CF

CCoSp4                 (3, 4) = +2

1. Difficult entrance 2. NB //(change foot) 3. SF 4. US 5. All 3 basic positions on the second foot

StSq2                     (2) = +1

Loop (twizzle-rocker-counter) Choctaw  Choctaw twizzle bracket (bracket-counter-rocker) loop

Use of body movements for at least 1/3 of the pattern is not reached

4T+1Eu+3F          (3, 5, long preparation -1) = +1

4T+1Eu+3F          (3, 5, long preparation -1) = +1

3A                         (5, long preparation -1) = 0

ChSq1                   (2, 3, 6) = +3

FCCoSp2              (1, 6) = +2

1.       Difficult flying entry 2. Clear change of edge //(change foot) 3. Attempted jump within a spin without changing feet (not valid as not reaching sit position within the first 2 revolutions after the landing) 4. ???

PCS

SS – Lower “very good”

(Defined by overall cleanness and sureness, edge control and flow over the ice surface demonstrated by a command of the skating vocabulary (edges, turns, steps, etc.), the clarity of technique and the use of effortless power to accelerate and vary speed)  

TR – Lower “Good”

(The varied and purposeful use of intricate footwork, positions, movements and holds that link all elements)

PE – Lower “very good”

(Involvement of the Skater/Pair/Couple physically, emotionally and intellectually as they deliver the intent of the music and composition. An intentionally developed and/or original arrangement of all types of movements according to the principles of musical phrase, space, pattern, and structure)

CO – Lower “very good”

(An intentionally developed and/or original arrangement of all types of movements according to the principles of musical phrase, space, pattern, and structure.)

IN – Lower “very good”

(The personal, creative, and genuine translation of the rhythm, character and content of music to movement on ice)

Designed spin level may not be what I wrote above as it seems unreasonable somewhere. But this wouldn't change the result a lot as the only question mark is on the level of last spin. 

I'm not a judge and cannot change the final result, and this is only personal opinion ("subjective", you know). I am aware that there is clean bonus and quads bonus and consistency bonus etc, I tried not to be affected by them in my re-scoring. 

Please don't quote me outside this forum. Discussion is welcomed, especially on spin level of last spin. 

19 hours ago, Melodie said:

the guy who would have had a special medal for coming in fourth had he competed at the US championships

lmao this is a very roundabout way of saying the guy in 4th?!?! LOL

14 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I heard Chris Howarth on Eurosport said Daniel Grassl has been working on the 4A for a while and he thinks he could be the first one to land the jump lol. I'm not surprised by a comment like this from him tbh.

Ugh, he should focus on improving his jump technique and hand gestures first but whatever floats his boat...

14 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I heard Chris Howarth on Eurosport said Daniel Grassl has been working on the 4A for a while and he thinks he could be the first one to land the jump lol. I'm not surprised by a comment like this from him tbh.

Uh oh... What's next? Yuzu's Axel is problematic, Shoma's 4F is textbook and Nate is the king of TR?