[2021] U.S. Nationals (11-19.01) Ladies, Men, Pairs and ID SP & FS

I prefer LIAB for Jason too, but the skating is great.

Many times during Nathan's skate I just wanted to push him to go faster. Tara and Johnny are typical US commentators and the judges are typical too. When he landed his quads I was thinking, oh, kind of slow and landing a bit forward... and then they gushed how perfect it was.. and these huge GOE scores would show up in the technical box!!

I really hope one of the other guys who can do a beautiful 4lutz properly (boyang, yuzu, hopefully kolyada) is able to land it perfectly in the next competition they all enter... just so people can see how a perfect lutz can actually look. Nathan does them consistently, but really, they look pretty small and compact... not awe inspiring like Boyang's.

8 hours ago, Veveco said:

He stabilized it by getting a backward takeoff though :facepalm: not that judges will care.

Also Johnny is at it again. I hope Yuzu never mentions his name again in any interview. He doesn't deserve it for the way he's using him as a stepping stone.

(I know Yuzu is too kind for that)

Yeah, I know, I'm  :salty: today.

Grrrhhh....I needed to look for Yuzu’s 3A to cleanse my eyes, here it is:

Pass the salt :salty:

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

He stabilized it by getting a backward takeoff though :facepalm: not that judges will care.

Also Johnny is at it again. I hope Yuzu never mentions his name again in any interview. He doesn't deserve it for the way he's using him as a stepping stone.

(I know Yuzu is too kind for that)

Yeah, I know, I'm  :salty: today.

If anyone can find a way to PR axel and get away with it, an american they must be.

UaiZtIb.png

Blade still touching the ice, and half the rotation is already done. and landing is still stiff af.

Jason had a bit of a rough one but still beautiful (I don't give a rats ... about the mistakes he has fabulous SS) he managed to get the bronze with 276.92. Nathan (and I loved that top....kill me!) came in first thought not at his best 322.28. With Vincent in second on 291.38. Good effort by Yaroslav 266.97 in a truly horrible Elvis costume but no worse than Max who looked like he was bleeding from behind.

12 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Jason had a bit of a rough one but still beautiful (I don't give a rats ... about the mistakes he has fabulous SS) he managed to get the bronze with 276.92. Nathan (and I loved that top....kill me!) came in first thought not at his best 322.28. With Vincent in second on 291.38. Good effort by Yaroslav 266.97 in a truly horrible Elvis costume but no worse than Max who looked like he was bleeding from behind.

Terrible Elvis costume but he skated so well! I got too nervous for Jason after the fall and couldn't watch. That isn't something that usually happens to me. Will try and find it to watch soon now that it's over. Don't think I've seen Nathan fall since the olympics.

18 minutes ago, memae said:

Terrible Elvis costume but he skated so well! I got too nervous for Jason after the fall and couldn't watch. That isn't something that usually happens to me. Will try and find it to watch soon now that it's over. Don't think I've seen Nathan fall since the olympics.

Yes very unusual for him to fall.  One wonders how much Covid has cost the skaters in loss of ice time, loss of coaching, loss of competition and motivation to skate in front of a cardboard or no audience at most times.