ISU Communications (2017/18)

7 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know who was more embarrassed, Brian or Lilbet :rofl:

Anyway, I hope that Mambekova gets her TES minimum, I'd like to see her at the Olympic Games.

LOL, Bet was like 'Stop this. Mom, stop. Mooooom. STOP IT!'

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Yeah. She was sooo embarrassed, poor thing. We've all been there, though not in front of cameras. 

By now, I've grown old enough not to resent those moments of triumphs for poor mums who've been investing years and years of hard work and dedication into their kids... :P 

She said, "Stop it,mom,don't humiliate me".

I liked Mambekova too,her skating is quite mature and appealing,but her technical level is a disaster. I remember her program abounding in doubles and not sure if she succeeded any triple. Maybe olympics looming would give her huge incentive to work harder to get her tech level up to scratch.

Communication No. 2097 Decisions of the ISU Council http://static.isu.org/media/525122/2097-decisions-of-the-isu-council-amsterdam.pdf

The most interesting part is this.

"The Council determined the Minimum Elements scores for the ISU Championships 2018 and Olympic Winter Games 2018 as follows:

ISU European, ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2018 and Olympic Winter Games 2018:

SP/SD         FS/FD

MEN 25.00 45.00

LADIES 20.00 36.00

PAIR SKATING 20.00 36.00

ICE DANCE 19.00 29.00

ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2018:

SP/SD        FS/FD

MEN 34.00 64.00

LADIES 27.00 47.00

PAIR SKATING 25.00 43.00

ICE DANCE 29.00 39.00

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2018:

SP/SD      FS/FD

MEN 20.00 42.00

LADIES 20.00 35.00

PAIR SKATING 20.00 30.00

ICE DANCE 18.00 28.00

The required Minimum Total Elements Score for the Short Program/Short Dance and the Free Skating/Free Dance to participate in Senior ISU Championships (ISU European Figure Skating Championships, ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and the Olympic Winter Games 2018 can only be obtained in Senior International Competitions. Likewise, the required Minimum Total Elements Scores for the Short Program/Short Dance and the Free Skating/Free Dance segment to participate in the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships can only be obtained in International Junior Competitions.

The Council also decided that the Minimum Total Elements Score must be reached 21 (twenty-one) days before the first day (First official practice day) of the Championships concerned (same as entry deadline) or by the entry deadline for the Olympic Winter Games.

The Council agreed that if it became evident that the number of entries based on the Minimum Total Elements Scores listed above would be significantly higher or lower than expected, the ISU Council reserves the right to subsequently slightly re-adjust the Minimum Total Elements Scores in order to achieve the above-mentioned objective."

So they didn't change minimum TES comparing with previous season (http://static.isu.org/media/342540/2017-decisions-of-isu-council-dubrovnik.pdf)

On 9.6.2017 at 10:07 PM, yuzuangel said:

Elizabet's mom hahahha :rofl:

I adore Elizabet's mom after Worlds 17! 

As my mom was born in Kazahstan, I really cheer for Elizabet. 

As for two placements, can she give one to Japan? :sign0009:

Joking, I know it's impossible. Basically It's good that we will see more athletes from different countries, even if they don't fight for medals. It's the Olympic spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

This was kindly posted in the General thread, but I thought it would also be useful to cross-post it here. This is the ISU announcement on the Grand Prix series, including the selection criteria for the grand prix assignments. 

@yuzuthebest Hope you don't mind if I took the liberty to repost it here. 

23 hours ago, yuzuthebest said:

:animated-smileys-animals-047:https://t.co/WrpKcgmJNo:animated-smileys-animals-047:

Was this posted ?

The Announcement of ISU Grand Prix &

Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating 2017/2018

Already get excited that tomorrow will be

the day to start a new season of FS and....

another new page of YUZU's GREAT 

CONTRIBUTION to FS History :heart:

:thankyou:<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1 hour ago, sublimeskating said:

thank you very much for this update!

when you say spots to be earned at nebelhorn, do you mean that if the skaters compete in that event and get good results, they can earn more olympic spots for their country?

please correct me if i'm wrong (thanks)

It's for countries that didn't quality any skaters yet. If you qualified more than zero at World's you cannot earn spots at nebelhorn.

ISU Communication no. 2103: Entries ISU Championships 2018

http://www.isu.org/en/news-and-events/news/2017/06/2103-entries-isu-championships-2018

27 Jun 2017 - Lausanne, Switzerland

ISU Communication 2103 has been published regarding the details for the Entries and Entry deadlines of ISU Championships 2018 in all disciplines:

- Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance:
     a) ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2018
     b) ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2018
     c) ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2018
     d) ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2018
     e) Minimum Total Elements Scores

- Synchronized Skating:
     f) ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships 2018
     g) ISU World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships 2018

- Speed Skating:
     a) ISU European Single Distances Speed Skating Championships 2018
     b) ISU World Junior Speed Skating Championships 2018
     c) ISU World Sprint Speed Skating Championships 2018
     d) ISU World Allround Speed Skating Championships 2018

- Short Track Speed Skating:
     a) ISU World Junior Short Track Speed Skating Championships 2018
     b) ISU European Short Track Speed Skating Championships 2018
     c) ISU World Short Track Speed Skating Championships 2018
     d) Qualifying Times for ISU Short Track Speed Skating Championships 2018

Read the full Communication from the link:

http://static.isu.org/media/544379/2103-entries-isu-championships-2018.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Ice Dance corrections to ISU Communcation 2076 and 2086

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/news/2017/07/2108-id-post-frankfurt-comm-corrections-to-2086-and-2096

25 Jul 2017 - Lausanne, Switzerland

Following the Frankfurt Seminar, corrections additions and amendments have been made to the following  Ice DanceISU Communications:

ISU Communication 2076 -  Requirements for Technical Rules season 2017/18

ISU Communication 2086 - 2086 Ice Dance Requirements for Technical Rules 2017/18

To see the full ISU Communication 2108, 2076 and 2086 click the link on the right side bar.

http://static.isu.org/media/550345/2108-id-post-frankfurt-comm-corrections-to-2086-and-2096.pdf

• 3 weeks later...