[2020] GP Rostelecom Cup (20-22.11) Ladies SP and FS

11 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Hoh boy, and she still went for four quads. 

I don't know if that's courageous or suicidal ...

Anyway, I hope she will recover soon. 

I was hoping she wasn't injured...sigh. Then why did she go for 4 quads? 😔

46 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I take back my Plushenko compliment from one hour ago. I knew it felt wrong.

Off-topic a little bit but Sasha of today is kind of similar to Yuzu in some occasions.

Was it the right decision to go for it? It's debatable, depending on what the entire team hoped to get out of that situation. We probably never know. 

Anyway, from my personal viewpoint, I agree with you that Plush was at fault too for letting her wild out that much. 

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Well, Trusova left Eteri, because ET eventually said no and Trusova wanted to do all the quads.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe there were other reasons Trusova left Eteri. Not enough attention on her, for example. 

She also doesn't look that devastated in the k&c with Plushy than she did with Eteri. 

We just don't know what's really behind all of it. She made that decision to leave Eteri and she sure had her reasons for it.

What happens now is the most interesting question. Per se, failures are bound to happen in every athlete’s career, but I’m curious to see how the new team will take them. The old team invariably ostracised the skaters no matter what. 

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

Hoh boy, and she still went for four quads. 

I don't know if that's courageous or suicidal ...

Anyway, I hope she will recover soon. 

This seems to be a rumor. Sorry all :( Anyway, take it with a grain of salt 

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

Off-topic a little bit but Sasha of today is kind of similar to Yuzu in some occasions.

I made a similar comment on a post on Instagram. It's that Chaotic Yuzu energy. They both know what they're capable of - I guess it just doesn't always come together. 

11 часов назад, Melodie сказал:

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201121/trusova-1585721368.html

Official statement from Sasha. She said she didn't know why it happened :(

It might be that puberty period, but more mentally than physically, or wanting to do good too much.

I wonder what they will decide for Nats as she can't afford to loose so much there. Strategically speaking it would be wise to go for no more than 2 or 3 quads, but will see.