[2020] GP Rostelecom Cup (20-22.11) Ladies SP and FS

Usually I don't care for Liza's too-cool-for-this skating at all, and I think the program is a word I'd have to asterisk out, frankly, but finally she put some real passion and enthusiasm into it when she knew the gold was within her grasp! Amazing job! Alena was great too, she managed to sell the less than inspiring choreo (as usual) and she's in a lot better condition than I thought. The difference between the quality of Alena's skating and the quality of Liza's skating is still very evident so I am curious to see how the PCS scoring ended up.

I feel terrible for Sasha but it's good to see a smile and laugh after doing badly, instead of an expression like the world is ending if Eteri had been there. I appreciate Plushenko for joking with her in the K&C to cheer her up. I rarely say this so I hope you appreciate it, Plushenko.

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

She probably would have WD due to catching covid.. forgive me, pneumonia, actually.

LOL SAMBO for u :rofl3:

Liza rightfully won it. She landed 3A in both programs and made the least mistakes. 

Alena looks more sure of herself in the FS than the last time, still mistakes in StSq. I think the FS can grow suitable for her.

Protocol:

https://fsrussia.ru/results/2021/gprus2020/gprus2020_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Kostornaya got 1 q, 2 carrots, and the 2nd to last spin rightfully got a V - that camel position was bad.

Tuktamysheva's 2nd 3A got -GOE, and barely any >+3 GOE at all. Whew.

Eh, highlight for me was Kiibus, actually. She's grown woderfully. 

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, the first 3Lz got a q, and the 3F-eu-3S < on both jumps. Level 2 on StSq and the flying combo spin level2V

Boy! She really needs to work harder on the StSq and the spins now (and jumps of course). Anyway, one step at a time. She is improving. 

9 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Protocol:

https://fsrussia.ru/results/2021/gprus2020/gprus2020_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Kostornaya got 1 q, 2 carrots, and the 2nd to last spin rightfully so got a V - that camel position was bad.

Tuktamysheva's 2nd 3A got -GOE, and barely any >+3 GOE at all. Whew.

Eh, highlight for me was Kiibus, actually. She's grown woderfully. 

Wow, the GOE. They're only willing to go so far but no further for Liza, even when she's basically clean, even with the ultra-c element in her arsenal.