[2020] GP Rostelecom Cup (20-22.11) Ladies SP and FS

46 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Which stream is that?

Hungarian. Our sports TV has bought the broadcast right and they showed the short programs in the TV today, which meant we had commentary. There were two commentators, one of them is an international judge and she was the one who talked about Yuzu. It was nice that she mentioned his thesis.

20 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Hungarian. Our sports TV has bought the broadcast right and they showed the short programs in the TV today, which meant we had commentary. There were two commentators, one of them is an international judge and she was the one who talked about Yuzu. It was nice that she mentioned his thesis.

What did she say?

1 час назад, Melodie сказал:

Liza got all her spins, only step-out on the Flip and StSq3, and that 3A was a beauty (but was the toeloop following the lutz supposed to just be double?)

I think she changed places of jumps and wanted to try 3F in combo but alas. Her 3T in combo with 3Lz is very often ur, that's why I think she went for 2T. In terms of points it was better when she was jumping 3T3T combo in SP, but she's trying to go for more BV.

20 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think she changed places of jumps and wanted to try 3F in combo but alas. Her 3T in combo with 3Lz is very often ur, that's why I think she went for 2T. In terms of points it was better when she was jumping 3T3T combo in SP, but she's trying to go for more BV.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Well, one little step at a time. But leave the jumps aside, her spins, steps and body control have all improved IMO :) I'm glad.

41 minutes ago, Fay said:

What did she say?

She was talking about Samodurova's jumps, that she thinks they are too small and because she was talking about jumps in general she then mentioned Yuzu's research subject for his graduation thesis and that AI could be used in the sport in the future. 

There was another commentator guy during men's SP (who is a coach) and he talked a lot about underrotations and prerotations, it was interesting. 

9 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

She was talking about Samodurova's jumps, that she thinks they are too small and because she was talking about jumps in general she then mentioned Yuzu's research subject for his graduation thesis and that AI could be used in the sport in the future. 

There was another commentator guy during men's SP (who is a coach) and he talked a lot about underrotations and prerotations, it was interesting. 

Interesting, indeed. If streaming was available, I would ask you to sum it up :)

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Interesting, indeed. If streaming was available, I would ask you to sum it up :)

I listened to it again and they said digitalizing is a way to make the sport (scoring the elements) more objective. And that ISU already came up with a system that measures speed, height, distance of a jump, referring to I-Scope (well it wasn't ISU themselves though...). It was interesting.

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I listened to it again and they said digitalizing is a way to make the sport (scoring the elements) more objective. And that ISU already came up with a system that measures speed, height, distance of a jump, referring to I-Scope (well it wasn't ISU themselves though...). It was interesting.

Ok, this is one first good news of the day. Maybe if people like commentators and some media would steer the water, ISU`s boat will be rocking and no happily floating in the Stone Age for too long anymore. Oh well, girl can dream!

Starting order for FS:

StN. Name Nation Current Rank Points
  Warm-Up Group 1
1 Anastasiya GALUSTYAN ARM 11 52.06
2 Alina URUSHADZE GEO 10 55.86
3 Eva-Lotta KIIBUS EST 9 57.88
4 Ekaterina RYABOVA AZE 8 58.58
5 Viktoriia SAFONOVA BLR 7 64.25
  Warm-Up Group 2
6 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 6 68.01
7 Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA RUS 5 68.47
8 Anastasiia GULIAKOVA RUS 4 70.07
9 Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS 3 70.81
10 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 2 74.70
11 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS 1 78.84
1 minute ago, Melodie said:

Sasha’s new FS costume :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: That spiky thing comes out before she does the shimmy thing (it’s back!) ahead of the StSq. I haven’t figured out how tho. 

Also, from her practice it seems they removed the 3Lz3Lo, which is good.

Wow! That is...a little scary! But unique lol