[2020] GP Skate America - Men SP and FS

1 hour ago, barbara said:

It's not that I dislike NC personally, Pammi, it's just I am infuriated how he's pampered by judges, and Yuzu almost punished for having been the best ever for so long

I agree totally....though I have to say today I even felt cross with Nathan himself, even though it isn't his doing and he seems to be a lovely young man. It feels like Yuzuru is treated unfairly even when he is not there! 111, for THAT, practically the same as the iconic Olympic Chopin and the PERFECT  4CC Chopin, I find it insulting on Yuzuru's behalf, the years he has worked on that to bring it to absolute perfection....

I'll have moved on a bit by tomorrow (hopefully) and will be back to only blaming judges and feds! 

EDIT: oh and I had to psych myself up to watch Nathan too - even then I had to watch with my eyes scrunched up, and even more scrunched up for the scores!!!

19 часов назад, tafattsbarn сказал:

I still feel as if they let Ilia go senior too early

Considering that there's no junior GP I don't think so. Still he can go to junior world's (if there will be one). Nice skate from him.

5 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Considering that there's no junior GP I don't think so. Still he can go to junior world's (if there will be one). Nice skate from him.

Good point. He also did very well yesterday, so my worries have eased a bit. 

17 часов назад, bubzsy сказал:

Not to sound a bit salty but in terms of scoring.. A clean Nathan is now on par on a clean Yuzu in SP.. I wonder if there will be a gap if it is the same competition. 

He was already on par from Saitama, especially in FS, so I don't have illusions about judging being it domestic comp or international.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Should we say thanks for "only" 92.80 PCS

Well, Tara L was saying how Nathan is always "pushing the artistic envelope" ...... I couldn't see much pushing going on myself but then I am not an ameri... oops I mean an expert like Tara

40 minutes ago, Fulcher said:

I wondered whether Nathan Chen lost some popularity points in China now that he was skating to the music of Philip Glass.

Why does skating to Philip Glass' make him less popular in China?

I just watched the video of Nathan's FP with Tara and Johnny's commentary. I don't know if there were some glitches mid-way but I heard Tara said "so much speed and flow" before Nathan even jumped and I honestly thought "what a mood" :grin: