The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I think it looks like marks from a heavy backpack. And the translation of his written insta post was wonky as heck, but it sounds like they did some heavy training before the vacation days.

And it's good that there is no picture if they didn't wont it taken, it's called respect of privacy!

But Lee Know beeing there? I know BangChan is part of the 97liner group, never heard that Lee Know was part of it as well.... But he was their background dancer, so it wouldn't surprise me that much if this was true🤷🏼‍♀️.

I bet, and hope, we will get more updates on all the members once Jin is free to post and talk.  I will try to not ask him too many questions about the other guys when he goes on Live, but there are bound to be questions posed to him.  And Jin is also the one most likely to go visit the other members once he's free to.  He knows all the rules and maybe will even be able to post photos on Instagram.

just got back from the concert movie. @barbara no luck with the diamond tickets; this event was excluded so no savings to be had

It was $22 USD after fees here, so looks like it's the most expensive for the US once you convert. My friend said that the Taylor Swift concert movie cost the same but hers was 3 hours long, and even then, the Swifties were complaining that they cut 4 songs out.

It was definitely a whole different experience vs. watching at home and I would do it again but I feel like Hybe dropped the ball a bit.

Spoiler

The positive is that I got to see all 3 of the special performances with Jimin, Joon, and JK and all my favorite songs.

I forget what song it was, but my newbie friend said "whoah!" during one of Suga's really fast rap parts and also commented "he really goes hard" in another part and seemed to enjoy the dramatic presentation when he was carried onto the stage.

The negative is that the editing was really poor. They cut a lot of parts out and the clips were out of order - even my newbie friends noticed that it seemed out of order and were confused by it. It was more like a series of clips rather than a concert. The overall "art" of the show was lost - it reminded me of an action movie.

There were subtitles during the parts where he's talking to the audience (which wasn't much) but I wish there were also subtitles during the songs so newbies could better understand the depth of the music. There wasn't a lot of non-concert commentary either so it felt neither like a documentary/movie nor a concert. As a fan, I was immersed in the individual performances on a different level because of the big screen and surround sound and I did enjoy it a lot, but it was also a bit disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

just got back from the concert movie. @barbara no luck with the diamond tickets; this event was excluded so no savings to be had

It was $22 USD after fees here, so looks like it's the most expensive for the US once you convert. My friend said that the Taylor Swift concert movie cost the same but hers was 3 hours long, and even then, the Swifties were complaining that they cut 4 songs out.

It was definitely a whole different experience vs. watching at home and I would do it again but I feel like Hybe dropped the ball a bit.

Hide contents

The positive is that I got to see all 3 of the special performances with Jimin, Joon, and JK and all my favorite songs.

I forget what song it was, but my newbie friend said "whoah!" during one of Suga's really fast rap parts and also commented "he really goes hard" in another part and seemed to enjoy the dramatic presentation when he was carried onto the stage.

The negative is that the editing was really poor. They cut a lot of parts out and the clips were out of order - even my newbie friends noticed that it seemed out of order and were confused by it. It was more like a series of clips rather than a concert. The overall "art" of the show was lost - it reminded me of an action movie.

There were subtitles during the parts where he's talking to the audience (which wasn't much) but I wish there were also subtitles during the songs so newbies could better understand the depth of the music. There wasn't a lot of non-concert commentary either so it felt neither like a documentary/movie nor a concert. As a fan, I was immersed in the individual performances on a different level because of the big screen and surround sound and I did enjoy it a lot, but it was also a bit disappointing.

Thanks for the review.  I knew that the three special guest performances were in this and that automatically meant that the concert wouldn't be in order.  They had to break it up to do that.  As mom to an editor, bad editing makes me crazy and angry.  Hybe has been, until this, pretty good with their editing, but there couldn't be a way to take the full concert and cut it to 80 min, including credits, without hurting the product.  One wonders why they felt they had to have it be only 80 minutes.  I feel I have seen all the special guests, including Psy, and loved the flow of the full concert.  I'm glad we may have a new ARMY.

I'm still on the fence but probably won't go.  I hate to spend a lot of money and come out disappointed.  I wonder if there will be any complaint letters to Hybe - maybe there should be.

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

April Jin brings ARMY flowers:

https://youtu.be/loQTVVCJxhQ?si=WEUbODax7pgMSHB-

More about the kind of flower he is waving here - ( and I think this is the first day we haven't had any actual new news about the members - except that Namjoon has deleted most of his Instagram posts... someone asked if he'd archived them to which some else pointed out that his Insta name is actually rkive  )

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fprofile_images%2F1688242938915213312%2FYRE_tI7p_normal.jpg&t=1713023997&ymreqid=e7f321b1-7cb5-fa3b-1c48-bb000101b000&sig=c5YwZhhfQ1xXBPnS2vqwCA--~D mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fea.twimg.com%2Femail%2Fself_serve%2Fmedia%2Fspacer.png&t=1713023997&ymreqid=e7f321b1-7cb5-fa3b-1c48-bb000101b000&sig=MvuEaBNrwiGet0lg9jlGNw--~D
star_jin
⁦‪@nightstar1201‬⁩
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fea.twimg.com%2Femail%2Fself_serve%2Fmedia%2Flogo_twitter-1497383721365.png&t=1713023997&ymreqid=e7f321b1-7cb5-fa3b-1c48-bb000101b000&sig=kbhgxHN1opb8Jl48e4ZuuQ--~D
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fea.twimg.com%2Fself_serve%2Fmedia%2Fspacer_464x1-1582829598167.png&t=1713023997&ymreqid=e7f321b1-7cb5-fa3b-1c48-bb000101b000&sig=pp.eaNL6oU39dtpfiv8L4g--~D
4월 석진이가 들고 있는 꽃은 스타티스 리모니움
물결잎 해변라벤더 (Statice Limonium)
꽃말: 변함없는 사랑, 영구불멸(Unchanging love, eternal immortality)
#4월의_석진 #아미사랑꾼 #꽃앞에꽃같은석진이얼굴 #퍼컬이꽃인남자 #방탄소년단진 #김석진 #JIN ⁦‪@BTS_twt‬⁩ pic.twitter.com/CNGv910Thp

4/13/24, 12:48 AM

Right... so I went to the movie.

Spoiler

It was a bit of a let down, not gonna lie. Seeing Yoongi perform was amazing as always and this is in no way a critique about him but BigHit/Hybe. Whoever is in charge of this really made me feel like they didn't put enough effort in the editing department. The production/direction was just sad. Just a few snippets of Yoongi speaking here and there it there was a complete disconnect to everything. Would have been great to see Namjoon, Jimin and JK's solo performances as well. Especially Namjoon with his unreleased lullaby. I was dying to see it without potato quality but there was none of that.

They completely skipped Dear my Friend. I know that this was the final day, which is when Yoongi broke down so cutting that version out of it would be completely understandable from an ethical point of view. But they could have easily cut in another day just like they did with Snooze and Amygdala. And why didn't they show the scene of the door? That was the whole point of this trilogy! 

It also didn't help that the sound in the cinema was rather subdued. Did anyone else have that problem or was it just at our venue? It didn't feel like I was watching a concert movie. The trailer of the new Ryan Gosling movie was 10 times louder than the main event.

I dunno, I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. I usually don't criticise the company because I have zero business knowledge and I know that they are pure capitalism, so I just mind my own business. If I want I want, if I don't, I won't. But this felt like a piss take :peekapooh:

8 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

It also didn't help that the sound in the cinema was rather subdued. Did anyone else have that problem or was it just at our venue

Same. I was wondering if I'd wandered into the stroller showing by mistake. ( some of our local cinemas have matinees meant for moms with babies that are played with deliberately low sound so as to help the babies sleep) 

8 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was a bit of a let down, not gonna lie. Seeing Yoongi perform was amazing as always and this is in no way a critique about him but BigHit/Hybe. Whoever is in charge of this really made me feel like they didn't put enough effort in the editing department. The production/direction was just sad. Just a few snippets of Yoongi speaking here and there it there was a complete disconnect to everything. Would have been great to see Namjoon, Jimin and JK's solo performances as well. Especially Namjoon with his unreleased lullaby. I was dying to see it without potato quality but there was none of that.

They completely skipped Dear my Friend. I know that this was the final day, which is when Yoongi broke down so cutting that version out of it would be completely understandable from an ethical point of view. But they could have easily cut in another day just like they did with Snooze and Amygdala. And why didn't they show the scene of the door? That was the whole point of this trilogy! 

It also didn't help that the sound in the cinema was rather subdued. Did anyone else have that problem or was it just at our venue? It didn't feel like I was watching a concert movie. The trailer of the new Ryan Gosling movie was 10 times louder than the main event.

I dunno, I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. I usually don't criticise the company because I have zero business knowledge and I know that they are pure capitalism, so I just mind my own business. If I want I want, if I don't, I won't. But this felt like a piss take :peekapooh:

I unexpectedly did get a chance to go as well today, and

Spoiler

I pretty much agree with all this. Whoever handled the edit of this movie did a terrible job. They didn't show any of the staging of the concert, all of which mattered for the emotional impact of the show.

On the other hand, the audience at my screening was super lively, screaming and chanting along which is very unlike most Ottawa audiences for anything, so that's good. I met a baby ARMY who was blown away by Yoongi's performances in the film and told me it was the first time in her life experiencing anything like this.

I welcomed her to the fandom and advised her to save up for their comeback tour, because seeing them live is worth any effort and every penny. Her eyes were full of stars after watching the movie. Imagine all the joy in store for her as she discovers the rest of BTS.

Well, I chose not to go, just feeling that an 80 minute version was going to be a mash-up and leave me wanting.  I thought that Jimin, JK and RM  were supposed to have their full performances in it, so that is interesting - though, seriously, the three of them is a minimum of 12 minutes, easily, and that would leave a bit more than an hour, plus credits -

I have read the same complaints about the editing and construct of the film and want to see who did the direction and then look at who did PtD and the tour movies., and the programs about album prep for Jimin and Yoongi and Hobi, all the “ Roads to“   and Production diaries.  I really think everyone should send a complaint letter to BigHit.  True that Hybe is frightfully commercial, and I get that, but there feels something un-BTS like about lessening the product quality.  It clearly was not even as advertised - the final encore concert.  The imdb page just has Hybe as “ production “  but the other concert films have actual, named directors. 

It's lazy of Hybe, at best.  I'm not sure who a letter should even go to,, though a cc to Bang sounds right.  With a new baby ARMY on board after seeing this film, I think that all ARMY deserve to have anything released with BTS on it to be quality.   I'll try to figure out what department legit complaints should go to.

Seems to me that they'd have been more consistent to have just shown the actual encore concert,, even if they wanted to edit some of the between songs talking out.  I feel like people expecting a full concert were cheated.  ( It is not lost on me that I didn't even go see it because of what I presumed would be hacked up editing...  )

14 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Reveal hidden contents

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Same. I was wondering if I'd wandered into the stroller showing by mistake. ( some of our local cinemas have matinees meant for moms with babies that are played with deliberately low sound so as to help the babies sleep) 

So sorry to hear the audio wasn't the best for you. It was, in combination with the large screen, what made me enjoy the experience a lot.

After seeing that it was only around 80min, it was quite clear it will be some cut up concert. Wasn't even sure if they would show all songs or just a few and then some behind stuff. So, I can't say I'm disappointed with going to the cinema, because I didn't expect the full concert. But of course I think it should have been the "full", uncut concert to give someone the complete experience and really hope they won't try to sell this version as a dvd!

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Awwwww ! :10742289:

Ok, wooga guys kind of expected and really sweet. But newjeans? I want to put a big question mark on this.....

Lots of comments and replies about disappointment in Tour D-Day - The Movie.   Mostly regarding the fact that it wasn't actually a full concert.

News of the day:   Bam has his own instagram account that picked up 2M followers; the fastest an animal account has gotten this many,  JK, on Weverse: 

I can't brag about myself now, so I should brag about my baby
I hope you have a great night
Bowwow_bam
Unity!!!!!!!!!

When it was only 1M followers      Bam officially becomes in the fastest pet account to reach 1 MILLION followers on Instagram!

CONGRATULATIONS BAM
CONGRATULATIONS JUNGKOOK pic.twitter.com/3DqzC3fITS

Didn't we used to get notifications if one of the members added something to the Weverse page  - or only if on the Artist page?  And this IS posted on the artist page......