The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

Happy Jin Day - (though now 12/5 in Korea). The Astronaut MV hit 100M views today - finally.  He is so thoughtful to have made all those messages for ARMY before he had to go away.  I am hoping for a Live from one of the members before next week - maybe more than one of them?  I saw a post with one of Yoongi's last lives and it struck me, again, that we are about to go into a profound drought.  

Fun post that I'm going to have a big print made of-

Looks like Jin was promoted again

And according to someone in the kitchen, the members visited Jin on his birthday

That Jin exhibition was quite the extravaganza. I would normally say to celebrate his birthday with big charity/environmental projects, but that project really seemed to celebrate the life of Jin instead of being just an ostentatious display for attention. It was free to enter and there was food and souvenirs. looks like a lot of Korean celebrities visited it.  I'm so envious of K-Army - definitely would have been worth taking a couple days off from work to visit. I want that giant Jin blow up :tantrum:

Looks like he's a JinKook bias. I love that Jin has this harem of middle aged men

I know I poo poo'd these projects, but I'm starting to think that there is some good to them. There's value in bringing joy to people's lives and it might promote tourisms. I think if I travel to Korea some day, I would want it to fall on a member's birthday so I can see the projects

And the bartender (?) from Bon Voyage posted his birthday wishes

33 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

And according to someone in the kitchen, the members visited Jin on his birthday

That Jin exhibition was quite the extravaganza. I would normally say to celebrate his birthday with big charity/environmental projects, but that project really seemed to celebrate the life of Jin instead of being just an ostentatious display for attention. It was free to enter and there was food and souvenirs. looks like a lot of Korean celebrities visited it.  I'm so envious of K-Army - definitely would have been worth taking a couple days off from work to visit. I want that giant Jin blow up :tantrum:

Looks like he's a JinKook bias. I love that Jin has this harem of middle aged men

I know I poo poo'd these projects, but I'm starting to think that there is some good to them. There's value in bringing joy to people's lives and it might promote tourisms. I think if I travel to Korea some day, I would want it to fall on a member's birthday so I can see the projects

I love to hear that the members (presumedly the four who are still "free") visited Jin on his birthday.  Maybe even Hobi and Yoongi, though Yoongi may be still in the "can't do anything" period.  I hope we get a picture.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

That Jin exhibition was quite the extravaganza. I would normally say to celebrate his birthday with big charity/environmental projects, but that project really seemed to celebrate the life of Jin instead of being just an ostentatious display for attention. It was free to enter and there was food and souvenirs.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I think there's a definite difference between a 'look at us, (idol name), we're the BEST fans because we go to such extreme lengths' project vs a 'let's celebrate the life of this person who gives us so much joy' project. The latter are the kind I want to support 

Sorry, I know that this isn't on topic but this is such huge kpop news! They're retiring at the top of their career. Makes me so happy for them that they won that VMA - it looked like it meant a lot for them.

And JK still hanging on to Global 200 amidst the Christmas influx

JK with 3 of the top 10 of Global Excluding US

And not much new but this posts validates that Jin, Jimin, and JK will be able to have meals together - makes me so happy to think about. V will be in Seoul so that means he and Yoongi can visit. RM is still a big mystery. 

How fun! Love seeing the guys being celebrated in general news 

Here - finally! - is the official word on their enlistment. Notice no dates or locations are mentioned. The only specific detail given is that they're all enlisting in the army - and that Jimin and Jungkook are indeed enlisting together.

https://weverse.io/bts/notice/16721?hl=en

Also, did anyone else find Jin's announcement of his promotion to Sergeant to be highly reminiscent of a gamer celebrating a level-up? It would be so like to Jin to have decided he was going to treat enlistment like a live-action RPG.

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Sorry, I know that this isn't on topic but this is such huge kpop news! They're retiring at the top of their career. Makes me so happy for them that they won that VMA - it looked like it meant a lot for them.

That really surprises me, I don't think they were around all that long

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That really surprises me, I don't think they were around all that long

They must have decided to not renew their contract after the usual five year deal.  This is surprising   They are so popular.  I wonder if they maybe didn't really get along with each other.  They didn't have the same environment that BTS (or TXT) have, with true dependance on each other for years before "making it".  I do think of them as more of a manufactured band, maybe because their being members of that group was determined by public voting and not careful consideration by a producer like Bang.  There's something to be said for a hard scrapple start.  Plus, we know that it takes some selflessness to prosper as a team.

I wonder if we will hear more.

The official BigHit announcement didn't have the dates of entering bases - so we don't really know if it is next week, or  if it was this week.  And if Jimin and JK were able to enlist together and be with Jin, why wouldn't RM try to be at the same base as Hobi?  Maybe the timing has something to do with it.  He put this off until some of his options were likely gone.  It's good to know Tae will be in Seoul,, at least initially.  I wonder if he will be in or on a base - or does he get to go home, too (that would mean he could see Tannie quite a lot.)

1 hour ago, barbara said:

And if Jimin and JK were able to enlist together and be with Jin, why wouldn't RM try to be at the same base as Hobi? 

We don't know if the 'and be with Jin' part is true. The BigHit announcement didn't say anything about the locations they'd be at, at all. Just that they're all going into the army

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I google searched for it - nothing.

Searched the Billboard website for the article - nothing. 

If this is true, I wouldn't need to try so hard finding news on it, cause this is not a side note. This would be landslide kind of k-pop news as it doesn't make any sense at all. Their seven years aren't even over yet.

So pretty sure it's some KI made fake news.....

And if there is an official article on it somewhere and I just couldn't find it, please share the link, would like to read it, thanks.

16 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This is a great birthday project. It's clearly well thought through, you can see the time and effort that was put into it and everyone can visit.

It will most likely have cost a lot, but it's so much better then doing a projection on some building, cause many can enjoy it and it really celebrates the person. Well done Army💜.

22 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

I google searched for it - nothing.

Searched the Billboard website for the article - nothing. 

If this is true, I wouldn't need to try so hard finding news on it, cause this is not a side note. This would be landslide kind of k-pop news as it doesn't make any sense at all. Their seven years aren't even over yet.

So pretty sure it's some KI made fake news.....

And if there is an official article on it somewhere and I just couldn't find it, please share the link, would like to read it, thanks.

:headslap: You're right. I didn't think much of it since I don't follow anyone but BTS, but it would be all over the general music news that pops up on my timeline as well as all the toxic ARMY's. Looks like it's just 1 more fan war post