The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

4 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Part of me wishes I didn't jump down this rabbit hole. I enjoyed the song until I really looked at the details. I am concerned about how he's going to perform this song. With 7, Latto was a small enough part that her absence didn't hugely impact the song. But with this, JK and Jack are more like partners. JK's part doesn't have a lot of nuance to it so not sure how well it'll stand on its own.

And I hope JK won't perform Jacks parts.....

I understand him experimenting and trying different things, but for me, this was a step in a wrong direction. Just my opinion though.

23 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Honestly....I'm not going to listen to the song or stream it.

I like JKs part, it reminds me of an old Justin Timberlake song.

I also like JKs vibe in the video....but I really, really dislike the rap part of the other guy. My first thought was "can we please get Latto back"....don't like his style, don't like his voice and the lyrics....

It's JKs song, so he must have given his ok to the lyrics and I don't agree with it. The one girl, two girl part....

Maybe I didn't understand them 100% and there is a twist to it, will look into it later. But the combination of not liking these rap parts and the lyrics makes me not streaming the song.

Well, I can understand it, but I think giving hate is always stupid. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Easy as that.

Make sure to search for the alternate version on Spotify. It’s just JK with a lot more adlibs and no Jack. You won’t find it listed on his profile I think, they basically hid it. 

ETA https://spotify.link/PEMUGOc4tDb

19 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

I like JKs part, it reminds me of an old Justin Timberlake song.

I was thinking it reminded of Justin T as well. Which is unfortunate because I always got the impression that JT is a giant douche. I don't like that he felt a need to publicly talk about how he and Britney had sex when they were dating or that he let Janet completely take the fall for the Super Bowl nipple gate.

JK's dancer bragging about getting to grab JK's boob

Looking forward to the Spotify charts tomorrow. I know it's too early to judge, but feeling good about this song for the Hot 100 and I think it'll push Seven higher again as well

The MV is already 3rd on most viewed videos in the last 24 hours after only 5 hours.

And it looks like Jack has been following random Army. Someone said that he even DM'd her

43 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Someone said that he even DM'd her

sorry but based on his songs I can only say ew.

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

And I hope JK won't perform Jacks parts.....

I understand him experimenting and trying different things, but for me, this was a step in a wrong direction. Just my opinion though.

I don't think he will since we have alternate part, which is suitable for performing.

JK's verses are very sexual without being in your face. I really like them.

Jack's verses ruined the song tho, both lyrically and musically.

I don't mind it if the songs are like JK's verses, respectfully sexy and sexual.

And honestly the people on twt saying whoever has the problem w this rap has never listened to real rap.... I don't know about them but there are plenty of good rap without the objectification of people. BTS rap is a great example.

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Make sure to search for the alternate version on Spotify. It’s just JK with a lot more adlibs and no Jack. You won’t find it listed on his profile I think, they basically hid it. 

ETA https://spotify.link/PEMUGOc4tDb

This version is so good!! I love JK's vocals in this song, even more than Seven. This is the one I'm listening to. I stream the featured version on my trial streaming accts with earphones plugged in.

I just search 3D Alternate on spotify. I think that version is linked incorrectly to another artist right now. I don't understand how they fumble so often with BTS releases this way.... 

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Not sure if this is Twitter Army is that gutter brained or if this was the intent of the move

Yes to the first, no to the second, is my guess

And regardless of the intent of the term ABG, it seems pretty clear to me that a white man should not use it in a song he does with an Asian artist.... on the other hand, neither RM nor Suga are strangers to controversy. If they listened to the song and didn't ask for any wording changes then I assume they don't see an issue. I still don't like it. 

3 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

sorry but based on his songs I can only say ew

Gotta agree. He's giving strong Vanilla Ice vibes, honestly.

I can't help but think of JK saying in interview that if it weren't for the rest of BTS being a good influence on him because they're good people, he'd be a bad guy because he's such a sponge and absorbs the influences around him.... I feel like this is what he meant.  

It's not even that Jack's verses are all that out of line for American hip-hop. It's just that it's icky by contrast to JK. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I really like this interpretation of the 3D video. It makes the ickiness of Jack's verses make sense:

40 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I like this. It actually makes a lot of sense when you go back and watch the MV.

I read this and it actually made it a lot better. Still, I think the verses are just what Jack is capable of. No matter how they spin the MV 🙂

Yes to the first, no to the second, is my guess

And regardless of the intent of the term ABG, it seems pretty clear to me that a white man should not use it in a song he does with an Asian artist.... on the other hand, neither RM nor Suga are strangers to controversy. If they listened to the song and didn't ask for any wording changes then I assume they don't see an issue. I still don't like it. 

I think there's such a thing as respecting each other's artistry, so as long as it's not outrageously out of line, they wouldn't interfere. Plus this is not even a Bangtan project, it's JK solo. 

I can't help but think of JK saying in interview that if it weren't for the rest of BTS being a good influence on him because they're good people, he'd be a bad guy because he's such a sponge and absorbs the influences around him.... I feel like this is what he meant.  

It's not even that Jack's verses are all that out of line for American hip-hop. It's just that it's icky by contrast to JK. 

I have been thinking about this so often lately!! I think JK was quite impressionable and he's always liked US pop. And quite frankly most US pop hasn't had great lyricism for quite a while now. And now him wanting to break out of his cutesy bunny image and whatnot, idk, kinda reminds me of Miley. At least his verses so far have remain respectfully sexy and sexual. Latto's verse actually kept w that too. Can't say the same about Jack's tho. 

Can you imagine the lyrics Joon could have done for this??? Omg it would have been so sensual I would have ********************