The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

Here it is

JK’s part is a bit too repetitive for my taste so Jack’s verses help a lot switching it up (although his rap voice sounds as boring as a snooze fest). I do know the repetitiveness is intentional because that’s how you create ear worms after all.

It’s definitely catchy though. It will probably grow on me if I keep listening to it

Just now, Whoopiewoop said:

Here it is

JK’s part is a bit too repetitive for my taste so Jack’s verses help a lot switching it up (although his rap voice sounds as boring as a snooze fest). I do know the repetitiveness is intentional because that’s how you create ear worms after all.

It’s definitely catchy though. It will probably grow on me if I keep listening to it

I particularly like the line "and if you'll let me"... consent is always hot! Trust JK to be respectful even in that kind of a song

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the inspiration for this song came from not being able to see ARMY during the pandemic, though.

12 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Here it is

:thanks:  What the heck! Why didn't it show up for me?

That's my one small nitpick of the song as well. I'd like the last 30 seconds or so to be a bit different. But overall, I think it's fun, catchy, and JK looks smokin hot! I was concerned when I watched 3 different videos of Jack Harlow rapping and he sounded the same in all of them - and frankly, he sounds pretty similar here too - but the contrast with JK's vocals sounds great together

ETA: I was bummed out when I went to karaoke and there wasn't a single BTS song. My local karaoke DJ will play a song even if it's not in her catalog, but then you really have to know it but I thought it might be too hard with songs being in Korean. I think Butter and Dynamite might be too difficult with so many different vocals + rap. I might be able to learn this one and I think it would be a good crowd pleaser but pretty sure I'll look ridiculous trying to rap

33 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Twitter is getting heated up because of Jack’s verse 😬

yikes. I wonder how it's going to affect the streams. The song seems American audience friendly. Just watched the video with subtitles and some of the lyrics are pretty cringe. 

That was fast. I should keep track of how quickly everything reaches #1 on different charts. I wonder if we're going to get 20 different versions of this song too

41 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

yikes. I wonder how it's going to affect the streams. The song seems American audience friendly. Just watched the video with subtitles and some of the lyrics are pretty cringe. 

I just hope JK doesn’t get any of the backlash. The lyrics are not horribly objectifying or misogynistic. They sound like he’s making fun of himself for being such a prick when he was younger. 

The part of the ABG reference is what makes it cringy to me. I don’t know in what context he used it because the reference doesn’t mean the same now as it did 30 years ago.

I’ve looked up on it a bit more because I couldn’t go back to sleep and found out that generally speaking it’s not used in a derogatory way but there will of course be Asian girls/women who will feel uncomfortable with the term which is completely understandable as it comes across as them being fetishised.

27 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I just hope JK doesn’t get any of the backlash. The lyrics are not horribly objectifying or misogynistic. They sound like he’s making fun of himself for being such a prick when he was younger. 

The part of the ABG reference is what makes it cringy to me. I don’t know in what context he used it because the reference doesn’t mean the same now as it did 30 years ago.

I’ve looked up on it a bit more because I couldn’t go back to sleep and found out that generally speaking it’s not used in a derogatory way but there will of course be Asian girls/women who will feel uncomfortable with the term which is completely understandable as it comes across as them being fetishised.

Part of me wishes I didn't jump down this rabbit hole. I enjoyed the song until I really looked at the details. I am concerned about how he's going to perform this song. With 7, Latto was a small enough part that her absence didn't hugely impact the song. But with this, JK and Jack are more like partners. JK's part doesn't have a lot of nuance to it so not sure how well it'll stand on its own.

Not sure if this is Twitter Army is that gutter brained or if this was the intent of the move

3 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Here it is

Honestly....I'm not going to listen to the song or stream it.

I like JKs part, it reminds me of an old Justin Timberlake song.

I also like JKs vibe in the video....but I really, really dislike the rap part of the other guy. My first thought was "can we please get Latto back"....don't like his style, don't like his voice and the lyrics....

It's JKs song, so he must have given his ok to the lyrics and I don't agree with it. The one girl, two girl part....

Maybe I didn't understand them 100% and there is a twist to it, will look into it later. But the combination of not liking these rap parts and the lyrics makes me not streaming the song.

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Twitter is getting heated up because of Jack’s verse 😬

Well, I can understand it, but I think giving hate is always stupid. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Easy as that.