The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

27 minutes ago, barbara said:

JK's photo book concept was vampire-y.  He must like vampires. His sleep patterns certainly work for a vampire.

Vampires are kind of a theme for his generation, tbh. He grew up with Twilight, remember 

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

They did this with Dynamite, too. Dropped a whole playlist of remixes, which were then used in a lot of their other material as BG music etc. 

JK is gunning for the top. Golden maknae. 

Maybe I remember it wrong, but it felt like they didn't drop all the remixes for Dynamite so short after the original release and not all at once. But I could be wrong on it.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm working my way through all the different mixes of Seven. So far I like the festival mix best, and the visualizer for the nighttime mix has bats flying across the moon against a blood-red sky, which is cracking me up. I guess JK was going for a cute vampire vibe? Anyway, it's a bit silly. And the lo-fi version reminds me of those jazz cafe background music YouTube channels.

Island mix is okay, nothing special.

I absolutely agree, the festival one is the best. Also agree with the lofi one. The other two, don't like them at all. Doesn't fit in my opinion and feels kind of off compared to the vibe the melody of JKs singing creates.

And subs for Hobis Esquire video are up!

And JK just went live. 

11 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

And JK just went live. 

I told him he did great today, but I can't stay to watch the whole live

12 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Maybe I remember it wrong, but it felt like they didn't drop all the remixes for Dynamite so short after the original release and not all at once. But I could be wrong on it.

I think it was about a week after ? Maybe I'm wrong, too

I told him he did great today, but I can't stay to watch the whole live

I think it was about a week after ? Maybe I'm wrong, too

According to Spotify - there were 14 official versions of Dynamite added on Sept 18, 2020 but that's just when someone made a playlist - and the day four versions were actually released. So original on Aug 21, then two days later, two new versions, and within a week, there were six versions total released.  It looks to me that some were renamed but 14 total "names".  I think some are the same version with a different name.  What ARMY's buying strategy was before that is something I don't know, but they certainly were topping Asian and Japanese charts years before Dynamite.    I guess I never realized before BTS that multiple versions of the same song was a "thing" - except maybe an instrumental version.  Evidently the strategy of all those releases is to keep the song high on the Billboard charts as long as possible.

Life Goes On didn't have so many -  and I don't know if every version of any of their songs were sold, like on iTunes, as Seven is, but just released to be put on playlists.

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So tbf, no one else in the world should care about it, but the US is stil the biggest music market so I guess.

They make # ! on the Japan charts all the time - second largest market.

Also tbf, we're only the largest music market that we acknowledge.  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but when you take a truly global look at things, there's no question that JK is more popular than Wallen. 

The real barometer is ticket sales. Nothing shows how much of a joke it is that Morgan Wallen keeps holding onto #1 than Ticketmaster. He has a concert tomorrow and it's still not sold out. Even if these seats are obstructed view/platinum seating, they would have been sold out on the presale for any of the guys. We sat next to someone who thought she bought a seat behind the stage. Sorry, I know I'm being more obsessive over this than the Blink/Army fan wars, but this particular case is really getting under my skin.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morgan-wallen-tickets/artist/2288122

7 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Also tbf, we're only the largest music market that we acknowledge.  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but when you take a truly global look at things, there's no question that JK is more popular than Wallen. 

The real barometer is ticket sales. Nothing shows how much of a joke it is that Morgan Wallen keeps holding onto #1 than Ticketmaster. He has a concert tomorrow and it's still not sold out. Even if these seats are obstructed view/platinum seating, they would have been sold out on the presale for any of the guys. We sat next to someone who thought she bought a seat behind the stage. Sorry, I know I'm being more obsessive over this than the Blink/Army fan wars, but this particular case is really getting under my skin.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morgan-wallen-tickets/artist/2288122

Even for US market, we only need to look at sales to see real demand and fandom dedication. That guy only has the top spot for so long mostly cuz of radio play, and we all know the direction in which the US media has been taking for years now, the more racist you are, the more "popular/pushed" you get. The racists really came out of their woods and got amplified by Trump, and then covid. It's ugly.

Ticket sale.... don't even remind me. I saw obstructed view seats disappeared in front of my eyes for Yoongi's concert, for day 1, which is the least desired date, some 20-30 mins in :cry:

I am surprised he is doing stadium! Wow the demand is much more than I expected?? But I guess the racists gotta congregate somewhere...

48 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

we all know the direction in which the US media has been taking for years now, the more racist you are, the more "popular/pushed" you get. The racists really came out of their woods and got amplified by Trump, and then covid. It's ugly.

Speaking of which, I just saw this sickener:

I don't want to kick off a political firestorm on the Planet but suffice to say, the wrong people suddenly decided to make a point by using political donor funds to inflate Aldean's sales...

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't want to kick off a political firestorm on the Planet but suffice to say, the wrong people suddenly decided to make a point by using political donor funds to inflate Aldean's sales...

it's all so sickening. I saw that earlier and it was just, ughhhhh. they really cant stand having an asian man at the top of the chart. its like they "learnt their lesson" with jimin and now will do anything to stop it from happening again. wtv, im just glad in the end the guys care more about our reactions and not charting. and JK got plenty of love during the stationhead sessions so he knows we love seven!

You think this is enough to get him #1? Last I checked, Wallen and JK were projected to be tied in points and Aldean was way behind in radio play and streams. Wallen would have been annoying but for Aldean to get it would be really sick. 

in other news, another Jin update (sort of - not really but I like to see all these things):

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

it's all so sickening. I saw that earlier and it was just, ughhhhh. they really cant stand having an asian man at the top of the chart. its like they "learnt their lesson" with jimin and now will do anything to stop it from happening again. wtv, im just glad in the end the guys care more about our reactions and not charting. and JK got plenty of love during the stationhead sessions so he knows we love seven!

If only it were something as simple as plain racism, not that racism is ever 'simple'. This crap is way beyond racism and comes from the heart of the whole Tr*mp cult, anti-democracy, anti-civil rights, anti-immigrant, pro-gun, pro-authoritarian  garbage  movement. 

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

You think this is enough to get him #1? Last I checked, Wallen and JK were projected to be tied in points and Aldean was way behind in radio play and streams. Wallen would have been annoying but for Aldean to get it would be really sick. 

Not by itself, but if the cult zombies figure out streaming and radio play, it won't take much. There's deep pockets and fanatical intent behind it.

16 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

JK is here!!! @Whoopiewoop did you make it???

Unfortunately we didn't get tickets. And they asked the ones who did to not disclose the location either so no one apart from ticket holders knew where the performance was going to take place. We had no chance to even try to take a sneak peak in the area. so we ended up just having lunch at a Korean restaurant since we were close to Chinatown in Soho anyway and the head back home. We saw that in fact Jin, Jimin and JK went there to have a meal because there were framed autographs by the entrance so that was a nice surprise. 

Got home just in time to watch the performance on TV. The One Show is pretty big in the UK so ARMYs here were expecting an increase in interest. And guess what. We got it 

4am KST is around 8pm UK time which is when the show ended. Looking at the performance on TV, I immediately recognised the tall building on the other side of the river. They were on a helipad, in a very residential area (which means people could watch the performance form their balcony). And to top it off, it's about 20 min walking distance from where I used to work in Isle of Dogs 

I was dead by 11pm after having woken up at 3am so went to sleep -- at least attempted to, until JK came on live and my phone pinged very loudly on my night table. He's really coming out of his shell, isn't he? I love to see him like this. So candid, unapologetic and free.