The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

4 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

a Hobi update

The 24th is Hobi's 100th day so he should be getting a break (for 4 days?) after that.  I think I remember that this brutal hike was right before Jin has his first leave.

And to the multiple (I'd say too many) versions of Seven - it seems like part of the particular push by the distributers (Geffen? Hybe? Universal?) to push JK.  Goes along with the heavy pre-release promotion. Even if each version is only $0.69, I'm still not going to get 10 versions.  This seems excessive.  And it's the sort of thing that causes critics to point out that there is something nearing chart manipulation when it comes to BTS (or anyone).  So many ARMY pushing "get many email addresses - buy from separate IP addresses - buy 10 copies of each, etc..  JK'd still be at the top of the charts with the original two releases.  

Also, my wallet is not bottomless. I'm getting the physical CD (shipping is twice the cost of the CD) and bought the two originals on iTunes.  If I seriously got them all, I'd be spending $12 or $13 for one song.  Astronaut had an actual CD  (two versions) and photo book and what I would call reasonable promotion (and I wish it had done better, but it still did pretty well....) .  I would use that as the standard promotion for a single.  And he's going to be putting out an album, so he says....   It's just excessive -

В 20.07.2023 в 13:26, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Tip to make learning the Korean alphabet easier: try learning Japanese first. After 3 alphabets and thousands of kanji to memorise, learning the phonetic symbols that make up hangul seems infinitely easier🤣

so true. I learnt Korean alphabet in 2 days. The hardest thing for me is pronunciation

29 minutes ago, Luminous said:

so true. I learnt Korean alphabet in 2 days. The hardest thing for me is pronunciation

100%. The romanized spelling doesn't help either, b/c the sounds don't actually match the way they're spelled. 

For example, the 'eo' in 'seok' isn't pronounced as 'ee-oh' or 'ehh-oh', which is the way an English speaker would read it. It's pronounced halfway between the 'oh' sound in 'sock' and the 'uh' sound 'suck' .

Don't get me started on consonants...

34 minutes ago, Luminous said:

You put me to shame - i spent two days just trying to get through the first two "letters" of the alphabet. It's going to be 111 here (that's about 44C) and I just went to the pool to cool off.  Trying to save a hornet from drowning, i ended up being stung.  Trying to save it!  How dare it?  I'm not allergic but my baby finger is red and swollen.  Ouch -

Anyway - the lifeguard mentioned to someone she is leaving in two weeks to spend two years in France, to learn French.  I guess she just graduated from the U here - and is fluent in Chinese and Korean.  I asked her if she'd been to Korea.  No.  And no intention of going because - she doesn't like Korean food.  This is not an acceptable reason to not travel to Korea as far as I'm concerned.  There are actually non-spicy foods available there.    Some people do have an affinity for language acquisition. I am not one of those people.

6 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

100%. The romanized spelling doesn't help either, b/c the sounds don't actually match the way they're spelled. 

For example, the 'eo' in 'seok' isn't pronounced as 'ee-oh' or 'ehh-oh', which is the way an English speaker would read it. It's pronounced halfway between the 'oh' sound in 'sock' and the 'uh' sound 'suck' .

Don't get me started on consonants...

And even if my native language has all vowels and consonants that Korean language has I still have troubles 

2 minutes ago, barbara said:

to spend two years in France, to learn French.

as someone who grew up with mandatory French - English bilingualism, I can't even begin to fathom this. Two years in France to learn patisserie or wine-making, sure. Just to speak the language? No.

3 minutes ago, Luminous said:

And even if my native language has all vowels and consonants that Korean language has I still have troubles 

it's definitely a challenge! It's apparently one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn

3 hours ago, barbara said:

The 24th is Hobi's 100th day so he should be getting a break (for 4 days?) after that.  I think I remember that this brutal hike was right before Jin has his first leave.

And to the multiple (I'd say too many) versions of Seven - it seems like part of the particular push by the distributers (Geffen? Hybe? Universal?) to push JK.  Goes along with the heavy pre-release promotion. Even if each version is only $0.69, I'm still not going to get 10 versions.  This seems excessive.  And it's the sort of thing that causes critics to point out that there is something nearing chart manipulation when it comes to BTS (or anyone).  So many ARMY pushing "get many email addresses - buy from separate IP addresses - buy 10 copies of each, etc..  JK'd still be at the top of the charts with the original two releases.  

Also, my wallet is not bottomless. I'm getting the physical CD (shipping is twice the cost of the CD) and bought the two originals on iTunes.  If I seriously got them all, I'd be spending $12 or $13 for one song.  Astronaut had an actual CD  (two versions) and photo book and what I would call reasonable promotion (and I wish it had done better, but it still did pretty well....) .  I would use that as the standard promotion for a single.  And he's going to be putting out an album, so he says....   It's just excessive -

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I wish they weren't limiting the Geffen stuff to US only. If they let Canada buy, it'd enhance the numbers by a lot

This is all for BB hot 100, which has gotten rid of artist store sales, lowered sales and bumped up radio points. Since we barely get any radio spins, digital and physical sales, and streams are our only shot at a hot100 no1, and that's what JK is aiming for. He said he wanted to be the big popstar so he gotta play the game by their rules. I agree it is excessive bit that's why there are many funding bases you can request funds from for US sales. Also why Canada sales don't count. BB hot100 is US only.

JK is here!!! @Whoopiewoop did you make it???

36 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

This is all for BB hot 100, which has gotten rid of artist store sales, lowered sales and bumped up radio points. Since we barely get any radio spins, digital and physical sales, and streams are our only shot at a hot100 no1, and that's what JK is aiming for. He said he wanted to be the big popstar so he gotta play the game by their rules. I agree it is excessive bit that's why there are many funding bases you can request funds from for US sales. Also why Canada sales don't count. BB hot100 is US only.

JK is here!!! @Whoopiewoop did you make it???

The performance in full on twt

Or if you live in the UK or can use vpn

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

BB hot100 is US only.

So tbf, no one else in the world should care about it, but the US is stil the biggest music market so I guess.

They make # ! on the Japan charts all the time - second largest market.

I'm working my way through all the different mixes of Seven. So far I like the festival mix best, and the visualizer for the nighttime mix has bats flying across the moon against a blood-red sky, which is cracking me up. I guess JK was going for a cute vampire vibe? Anyway, it's a bit silly. And the lo-fi version reminds me of those jazz cafe background music YouTube channels.

Island mix is okay, nothing special.

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm working my way through all the different mixes of Seven. So far I like the festival mix best, and the visualizer for the nighttime mix has bats flying across the moon against a blood-red sky, which is cracking me up. I guess JK was going for a cute vampire vibe? Anyway, it's a bit silly. And the lo-fi version reminds me of those jazz cafe background music YouTube channels.

Island mix is okay, nothing special.

JK's photo book concept was vampire-y.  He must like vampires. His sleep patterns certainly work for a vampire.