The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

9 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Just because there were no 20 posters around major cities worldwide for Jimin and Yoongi doesn’t mean that they’re putting in a lot more effort for JK.

This single was done with Geffen Records and Scooter Braun was involved in it so obviously he will go through the effort of mentioning the single on the internet. As far as I’m concerned, he’s never been involved in any release from BTS as a group so why should he promote them? 🤷🏻‍♀️

The decision to involve one of HYBE’s US based labels in this was obviously strategic, and JK might simply have different goals than Jimin, Yoongi, Hobi and RM when it comes to taking his solo projects internationally. Note that I said JK and not HYBE.

The constant comparison triggers me because it’s always spiked by solo stans which clouds ARMYs minds and all these accusations are being thrown left and right.

Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just idly speculating about the behind the scenes motives. I also idly speculate about what their shoe sizes are.

I  didn't know that Scooter was involved with JK but not with any of the group projects, especially since he did the creepy alpha dog ownership pose with them at the White House. I don't understand why Hybe wouldn't want to utilize all the resources for all their big projects. Scooter is slimy, but he slimes his artists to the top so if you're going to dirty your hands anyway, you may as well get the most out of him.

I'm mostly looking at how much pre-release hype there's been and am wondering how it would have impacted the sales of the other projects - most of the other projects mostly relied on the fan base to push it whereas anyone following Scooter or Geffen is going to hear about this track. I'm reading about these radio stations pushing it and since that's the primary thing holding BTS back on the charts, I'm wondering if they're doing something different this time around.

I truly hope that JK gets that #1 and can hold it. IMO, we should support their solo projects as much as possible, not only for them as individuals because all their individual successes will contribute to the success of the group. I also don't think JK has any intention of the solo work being anything other than a side project. I get the feeling the only way that Jimin and JK will ever leave the group is if the rest of the group forcibly boots them out of the nest. 

We also have to keep in mind that Hybe/Geffen may just be experimenting and trying to figure things out - which I'm glad to see because up til now, it seems like it's mostly the fans that have been doing the pushing and Billboard keeps changing the rules so that fans have less and less control over who they decide is the most popular (because the opinions of 1000 radio stations is more meaningful than millions of fans :dry:). Each of the promos have been slightly different. Hobi was probably largely crippled by going 1st and Jin's project was maybe too sudden, though I thought Chris Martin said that Jin contacted them about the song months earlier - although that would have been before the labels realized exactly how big their solo projects would be and so likely didn't have a game plan. It's possible, the labels changed their game plans as each solo project got more and more momentum.

Did you ladies see this? JK is so thoughtful. :softYuzu:  Does anyone understand why Yoongi is just empty clothes in a chair?

358432461_6425457210871226_1379659492214

ETA: when you make your JK playlist, include "Respect". Apparently it's the only one from Map of the Soul: 7 that doesn't have 100 million streams on Spotify. And Blood, Sweat, & Tears is 59 Million away from 1 billion on Youtube

5 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just idly speculating about the behind the scenes motives. I also idly speculate about what their shoe sizes are.

Oh, you didn’t. Sorry if I came across like it was the case. I know we can all just speculate in the end because none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes but it’s these speculations that start arguments among ARMY and that’s really the last thing I want to see. It’s just the insinuations that HYBE has their favourite child and that they don’t care enough about the other one to go through the same effort reminds me of the class nerd being bullied for having good grades 🤣

Re: radios

Ugh, I don’t wanna see what will happen. They probably will get us all hyped up only to play the song on the first day. But on the other hand, I want radio’s power over the success of a release to be gone, make it irrelevant, disconnect it entirely. What happened to the good old days where they earned their money by running ads?

11 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I think a lot of people fail to see the bigger picture.

Jimin and Yoongi got Jimmy Fallon vs JK getting Good morning America

Yoongi got a whole tour to promote his album so posters were technically not needed here.

While Jimin got his performances on Korean idol shows and Jimmy Fallon, will JK get anything apart from his live performance in GMA? I guess we’ll see.

Just because there were no 20 posters around major cities worldwide for Jimin and Yoongi doesn’t mean that they’re putting in a lot more effort for JK.

This single was done with Geffen Records and Scooter Braun was involved in it so obviously he will go through the effort of mentioning the single on the internet. As far as I’m concerned, he’s never been involved in any release from BTS as a group so why should he promote them? 🤷🏻‍♀️

The decision to involve one of HYBE’s US based labels in this was obviously strategic, and JK might simply have different goals than Jimin, Yoongi, Hobi and RM when it comes to taking his solo projects internationally. Note that I said JK and not HYBE.

The constant comparison triggers me because it’s always spiked by solo stans which clouds ARMYs minds and all these accusations are being thrown left and right.

I have to agree with you here. I stumbled upon a cluster of angry posts about the various promotions (or lack thereof) of each member's solo stuff last night, and it was toxic just trying to scroll past it all. Definitely all solos, and half of them saying things like JK being the only marketable member ( clearly they're blind).

If there is one thing the members of BTS have been at pains to explain to us for a while now, it's that when it comes to their solo work, *they* are the ones in charge, making all the decisions. 

*Including for promo.*

They all made their own choices in regards to this, based on what they wanted to do or thought they could handle. Jimin even said, when Like Crazy got the #1 the week after he finished the FACE promos, that he wished he'd made them longer. But if you look at what he did, it was the standard for a K-pop promotion, with the extra touch of doing some promo in the States. So he didn't lose out.

The promo we're seeing now for Seven? I'm gonfident that every last bit of it ( except maybe the celebrity posts) is his idea. Posters seem very JK.

More Twitter speculation. Is Tae collaborating with Billie Eilish? It seems improbable that he'd be collaborating with both Gaga and Billie in such a short period of time. I'm trying to remember if he's tagged female musicians that weren't associated with BTS in some way.

So I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Beyond the Story to arrive, but I just discovered that Spotify is also offering it as an audiobook download.  (for $26)

I didn't even know Spotify did audiobooks.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, ralucutzagy said:

lol I'm sure he's not but it fits so well. 

This made me laugh soooo much🤣

On 7/8/2023 at 11:18 AM, ralucutzagy said:

We miss you so much, Hobi ... :10742289:

the weverse translation is so bad🙈, thankfully army translators exist. And there is a second hand written letter on weverse,  sadly, with no translation🙄.

On 7/8/2023 at 6:13 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

Did you ladies see this? JK is so thoughtful. :softYuzu:  Does anyone understand why Yoongi is just empty clothes in a chair?

358432461_6425457210871226_1379659492214

of course we can't know if it was intentionally done like this (it's just army speculating), but just looking at it makes me smile😊.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Beyond the Story to arrive, but I just discovered that Spotify is also offering it as an audiobook download.  (for $26)

I didn't even know Spotify did audiobooks.

I really hope I get it tomorrow, even if I wont have time for it before next weekend....or I just forgo sleep😜

Edit: just looked into the amazo account....will get it on friday 21 and its suddenly 40$ instead of 29$ when I ordered it😑....I should have cancelled the order and put a new one through amazon germany🤦🏼‍♀️

3 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I've come across these a few times. They were such babies then. 

Happy Army day guys~~~~ Hope you're having a good time 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Yes, happy Army day 💜:grouphug:💜

On 7/8/2023 at 12:29 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

More Twitter speculation. Is Tae collaborating with Billie Eilish? It seems improbable that he'd be collaborating with both Gaga and Billie in such a short period of time. I'm trying to remember if he's tagged female musicians that weren't associated with BTS in some way.

My copy of the book arrived today (Amazon delivers on Sunday -) I've read about 20 pages so far - 

Tae - I think it is very possible he would be collaborating with both Billie and Lady Gaga.  Even his two-song tiny release of Christmas Tree and Heaven had him singing with someone (on Heaven).  His solo album has been in the works seemingly forever and he has made a number of trips overseas, though usually to Paris.  It's possible that production of his stuff has been happening for over a year.  I don't think there will be a lot on it that he wrote himself - he's just too inclined to throw his own stuff out.  Hopefully, there will be one.

Namjoon posted a photo with eaeon on his Insta today, and Joonie's hair is almost gone! You know what that means... I'm not ready to lend him to anyone else for months on end, not even the military 😭