The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

15 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Damn:love:

When did a glimpse of collarbone become so hot :13877886:

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Interesting. I guess, it will be sold out in 5 seconds lol.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It does the heart good to hear all 7 of their voices together again.  I didn't realize how much I missed hearing Jin. 

And 1 million copies as a first print run for ANY hard copy book is a wild number.

Some stats:

Average print run for a literary novel: 3,000 - 5,000 copies

For a popular paperback novel:

50,000 copies

Non-fiction:

As little as 1,000 copies for a niche subject

For Spare, Prince Harry's autobiography:

Reportedly 2.5 million copies

For Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

2 million

Yeah so our guys are going to be a publishing sensation, to put it mildly...

2 hours ago, Faithyu said:

just placed my pre-order through amazon US and am a bit confused if this can be right....it was only 27$ for the book (kindle version was 28,80$) and 10$ shipping fee......

I just placed my pre-order too and thought it was odd that the hardcover was less as well.

Hopefully they print the paperback in multiple languages. I decided to try to get fluent in Spanish then try to learn either Korean or Japanese and was thinking that I'd be more engaged if I had a Spanish language book I could read

I wonder how long it will take to get a copy of that book. My friend and I are going to order it and split the costs — mainly because we will be moving in together soon to save up costs and decided to make a little BTS shrine at home 🤣

Loved that review from Yoongi’s concert. You can tell it was well thought through.

@barbara it can be nerve wracking to be disconnected to the outside world for a long-ish time but I’m sure it will do you good. 

I still need to listen to their new song — will do it in a bit while I do some cleaning in the house. 💃🏻

My BTS car sticker is going to arrive soon. I wish UK Etsy stores would make more of their stuff but I had to order it from my he US so it takes ages to arrive 🙃

7 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Hopefully they print the paperback in multiple languages. I decided to try to get fluent in Spanish then try to learn either Korean or Japanese and was thinking that I'd be more engaged if I had a Spanish language book I could read

Nice! How far are you? Let me know if you would like some help. Spanish (Argentinian) is my first language but I can adapt to whatever dialect you are learning (Latin American or Castilian Spanish).

8 hours ago, barbara said:

Is this partly due to the damn premium pricing?

My thoughts also. I'm happy the tour did well but when you realize that it's partly because of TM's predatory pricing....😬

It's not the media detox aspect that concerns me about that thing you're  going to... but you can always leave if it's not going well. 

8 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Nice! How far are you? Let me know if you would like some help. Spanish (Argentinian) is my first language but I can adapt to whatever dialect you are learning (Latin American or Castilian Spanish).

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and retained a good amount but our Spanish program was terrible so that's not saying much. Been trying on and off with different programs to improve it but I keep losing motivation so I'm essentially just relearning the same thing over and over.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right? Makes me feel positively old-fashioned to get so 🥵 over so little...

I think Yuzu has turned us all into old Victorian ladies

14 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I wonder how long it will take to get a copy of that book. My friend and I are going to order it and split the costs — mainly because we will be moving in together soon to save up costs and decided to make a little BTS shrine at home 🤣

Loved that review from Yoongi’s concert. You can tell it was well thought through.

@barbara it can be nerve wracking to be disconnected to the outside world for a long-ish time but I’m sure it will do you good. 

I still need to listen to their new song — will do it in a bit while I do some cleaning in the house. 💃🏻

My BTS car sticker is going to arrive soon. I wish UK Etsy stores would make more of their stuff but I had to order it from my he US so it takes ages to arrive 🙃

Still have internet at SFO - and the book isn't due out until July.  I hope I still have internet tonight...I have to turn the phone over in the morning.  Listened to BTS the whole flights(s).

2 minutes ago, barbara said:

Listened to BTS the whole flights(s).

Too bad you won't be able to share the music with the other retreat participants... it would be a great chance to turn people into ARMY  otherwise

My last hour of internet and a phone - it's the music and us on the Planet I'll miss the most (and still need to hear Amy's brush with Yoongi madness.  I am still overwhelmed with where I am.  The place in situated in the hills above Petaluma - saw dozens of deer and even wild turkeys driving in.  Still relatively clueless as to how it all goes down tomorrow morning but I'll be off the grid and have my phone sequestered.  Incredibly interesting people I've met, briefly, so far. From the states, Kuwait,UK, Canada, Argentina, Germany and I forget where else - and I've only met about 9 people (3 americans so far).  I feel like this is a mix of summer camp and boot camp.  Saw this on Twitter today and Chris has gotten ticket for the 26th - he had to go through all the usual pre-sale hoops and waiting lists.  He thinks it'll be fun for me but I have a feeling this is where most of the Hybe Insight stuff went to.  We'll see,  And I'll be back...