#YuzuSkatingParty team looking for help! (subbing, translating, graphic design, giveaway donation and organization)

yuzuonice

Hello from YuzuSkatingParty team! <3

For our next streaming parties, we are planning on showing some Yuzu documentaries and interviews. We already have a long list of videos that are subbed, but there are also some that have a translation and a video without subtitles.

We are currently in the process of organizing the playlists for the following streaming parties, and we'd like to start subbing some of those videos, that would then be premiered during our Twitch streams.

Here's a list of the unsubbed material we've accumulated so far: 

Cuqis46.png

We already got the permission for the first video, the interview by Shuzo Matsuoka from 2011, that is being subbed right now by me ^^

We are looking for satellites who could help us with the following tasks:

1) People who understand Japanese and could make timestamps to make the subtitling job easier.

2) *Subtitling the videos that we get permission for (You can use subtitling programs such as Aegisub and others. Uploading to your personal YT/dailymotion/etc and using the subtitling tools there is also okay!)

3) Translating the missing parts of partially translated videos (must understand Japanese). 

4) Graphic design 

5) Giveaway donations

6) People who could translate from Chinese > English 

*It's of course easier if you understand Japanese, but with translations that we have, I can assure you that it is not absolutely necessary! I just finished subbing the first one with Shuzo Matsuoka and I don't speak Japanese at all, but it was pretty easy to understand the timing from the context and I didn't have much trouble at all! Of course, it's  a plus if you understand Japanese, in case there are some adjustments to be made.

Please let us know in this thread if you want to join our team, and we will add you into the group chat for the project. You can also contact me privately and I'll add you in the group chat.

Here's also a list of all the documentaries made by @kaeryth, many of them don't have a translation, so if there are any translators who are willing to translate any of them and let us use them for the purpose of streaming, it'd be greatly appreciated! <3  

Let me know in replies if you have some other suggestions and ideas about this project! We're always happy to add people who are willing to help in any capacity onto our team.

can't help with translations sadly (my knowledge of Japanese starts with yonkaiten and ends with kuyashii) but I could help with the subbing part.

I have aegisub and I've subbed a few vids (for my own use, longest one about 14 minutes long). It's been a few years since I opened that program LOL but I'm sure I can manage:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: 

I can try helping putting translations onto the videos too! It's actually easier to stream them if the subtitles are already on the video. You can add a subtitle track when playing VLC, but it's hard to stream from VLC.

I don't know Japanese so can't translate 😅

But maybe we can note what timestamps we need to translate and find someone who can help us there adhoc?

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Happy to help out with translations where needed (native Japanese speaker). 

thank you for offering help! I think I will make a group chat and we'll divide work there once the translators start replying back ❤️

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

It's actually easier to stream them if the subtitles are already on the video. You can add a subtitle track when playing VLC, but it's hard to stream from VLC.

ok, thank you! Yes, that will be very helpful! I used handbrake to join the mp4 file with the subs recently, and it worked, but the output file was m4v... if I remember correctly, that isn't ideal for streaming right?

5 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

ok, thank you! Yes, that will be very helpful! I used handbrake to join the mp4 file with the subs recently, and it worked, but the output file was m4v... if I remember correctly, that isn't ideal for streaming right?

which format would be more suitable to stream hardsubbed vids?

I've done hardsubbed m4v using avidemux (I think? as I said, it's been a few years:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:), but I can convert to whichever format(possibly). Though I know next to 0 about encoding, so I feel like my video editing software is probably wasted on me LOL

Unfortunately I have neither talent nor access to Yuzu goodies to offer.  But recently I became interested in doing nail art and naturally did a search for Hanyu inspired nail art and this old thread on the Planet came up.  If I became good at it and Americans are ever allowed outside the country again, I wanted to try making press on nails for the fan gatherings.  If people are interested in this type of thing, maybe it would be a fun give away?  

Also, at the last Skate Canada, I had t-shirts made with Yuzu's pics. Perhaps someone would want to allow fan art to get printed on one?

Update to say that we're also looking for Chinese speakers!

In particular, we'd be happy to get this interview with Shizuka Arakawa from 2016 translated: 

(Chinese Subs): https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ4Nzg1NDQ5Ng==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

(Note: the translator is YuzuruInfoStation on Weibo/Youku, so we'd need someone with accounts on those platforms to help us contact them for permission as well)

I'm more than aware that translating JPN > CHN > ENG is less than ideal, but otoh, it's still better than watching the video unsubbed :')

Let me know if you can help us out! 

ETA: We just got a volunteer who will be working on the Shizuka Arakawa interview, but we might need more people in the future, so feel free to contact me nevertheless ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Hello once again!

Today, we've posted a new topic for the #YuzuSkatingParty events and tweeted about it. 

The events are also listed in the sidebar and in our Calendar, so you can follow them to get notified :img_21:

After posting the tweet we got some feedback: of course, the current time of the event (4pm CET) doesn't work for all timezones, so we're looking for options to fix that!

We were thinking of adding an additional restream, some 8-12 hours later. (meaning, 24pm-4am CET).

We are looking for people who could stream on PlanetHanyu's Twitch in this time frame. Anyone with a stable internet connection who could help us out? :snonegai:Let me know in replies or send me a private message! <3 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party, but I just designed 2 new Yuzu magnets so I am about to order a new batch from the printer (including reprint of the original ones to restock everything). Are you still interested in donations for the streaming parties? I don't have them yet, but once I receive them I don't mind sending some as a prize. (I'm also going to organize a giveaway on Twitter at some point in the near future if anyone is interested)

This is what they all look like:

5WHXsgD.jpg

5 hours ago, Veveco said:

A bit late to the party, but I just designed 2 new Yuzu magnets so I am about to order a new batch from the printer (including reprint of the original ones to restock everything). Are you still interested in donations for the streaming parties? I don't have them yet, but once I receive them I don't mind sending some as a prize. (I'm also going to organize a giveaway on Twitter at some point in the near future if anyone is interested)

This is what they all look like:

5WHXsgD.jpg

those are gorgeous!:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: