3A

4S fall 

4T step out 

3Lo turnout 1.47 GOE lol 

4T hard fall 

3F3T 

3Lz3T 

Will she keep her lead. I bet she will. 

Interesting competition... once again the divide between the juniors and seniors is quite evident...

I am on the fence about raising the age limit for seniors, but it would certainly make skating in Russia more interesting... as in, how many of these juniors would be as good at 17 instead of 14? Just makes me wonder.

I just can't with the Russian ladies anymore.

I'm 100% through with Kamila's free skate. It's a snooze fest for me at this point, and it's not just because of the music.

Daria's 2 Ina Bauer are... :dry::dry: One second it's there, and the next, gone.

The top girls are all so... springy. There is no smoothness whatsoever which is what I prefer to see personally. I want smooth glides, arms and hands movements that make sense (like in Elizaveta's choreo) and not flying limbs that are there just for the heck of it. 

2 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I just can't with the Russian ladies anymore.

I'm 100% through with Kamila's free skate. It's a snooze fest for me at this point, and it's not just because of the music.

Daria's 2 Ina Bauer are... :dry::dry: One second it's there, and the next, gone.

The top girls are all so... springy. There is no smoothness whatsoever which is what I prefer to see personally. I want smooth glides, arms and hands movements that make sense (like in Elizaveta's choreo) and not flying limbs that are there just for the heck of it. 

And this is exactly Kamila Valieva's chief strength. Capacity of interpretation. Just think that at 8 years old, she could skate to Swan Death without ridicule! Usually I like more Daniil Gleichengauz's choreographies than most of the Planet do, but with Kamila Valieva he seems to be just "at a loss". He's strong at showing off a skater's strengths and hiding her faults, but Kamila Valieva's faults are only her jumps (particularly combos) and these can't be hidden, and this seems to be too much of a "white sheet" for him. And her very quality shows off the weakness of the choreo. She has nothing to interpret.

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

And this is exactly Kamila Valieva's chief strength. Capacity of interpretation. Just think that at 8 years old, she could skate to Swan Death without ridicule! Usually I like more Daniil Gleichengauz's choreographies than most of the Planet do, but with Kamila Valieva he seems to be just "at a loss". He's strong at showing off a skater's strengths and hiding her faults, but Kamila Valieva's faults are only her jumps (particularly combos) and these can't be hidden, and this seems to be too much of a "white sheet" for him. And her very quality shows off the weakness of the choreo. She has nothing to interpret.

As if Valieva was the only Eteri girl with ugly jumps.

When I watch these young girls with programs that are choreographed with moves every millisecond, it tires me out. I know that under 6.0 we had lots of crossovers and then jumps, but at least they knew how to hold a position for emphasis to the music... now, if you hold a move it's considered wasted because you're not doing another transition, even during the choreo sequence. I was rewatching some old programs from SLC Olympics, and Sasha Cohen's spirals, heck, spirals held more than 2 seconds, are definitely elements I miss... and let's not even talk about those useless Ina Bauers from Daria's program...