Fay

Cup of Russia (general thread)

36 minutes ago, Paskud said:

No way. Low level skaters can afford entry fee, but Shcherbakova, Savosin, Samarin and Tarasova can't?

You won’t believe this, but these sacks do mean that the entry fee hasn’t been paid for these skaters! Experienced people say that. 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

You won’t believe this, but these sacks do mean that the entry fee hasn’t been paid for these skaters! Experienced people say that. 

:eek:

These were the entries from Moscow, now other regions will also add their competitors. 

Well, if the fees and address to pay have been released only a few days ago, it is rather normal that not all payments have been made now.

yeah must be some logistical issue, not that they cant' afford it...

but i'm more surprised that skaters pay for entry and not the other way around

5 hours ago, Fay said:

The list for the first event is out - and Medvedeva has Tutberidze as her coach. :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:I hope it’s just a bureaucratic silliness. 

https://sportvokrug.ru/competitions/7258/participants/

technically, doesn't Zhenya still represent Sambo 70 though? I mean that's what she actually said when she moved to Orser in the first place, that she'd still be in the club some way.

In any case, if it's not because of that, then it's got to be an error. I mean she's been working with TAT and we all saw Brian watching her on the phone at rinkside. There's no way she could be switching right now.

Wait, this starts *next week*?  :crazyshit:

I would be getting my Memoirs of a Geisha costume out of the closet right now if I were Zhenya.....

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

technically, doesn't Zhenya still represent Sambo 70 though? I mean that's what she actually said when she moved to Orser in the first place, that she'd still be in the club some way.

In any case, if it's not because of that, then it's got to be an error. I mean she's been working with TAT and we all saw Brian watching her on the phone at rinkside. There's no way she could be switching right now.

Zhenya's official club is still Crystal (I gather she needs to rep a Russian club in order to take part in Russian national competitions, even if she never trains there, like how Yuzu has to say he is the only member of made-up club ANA Minato Tokyo for Nationals :D) so it probably just automatically lists whoever is the head coach of Crystal.

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I would be getting my Memoirs of a Geisha costume out of the closet right now if I were Zhenya

Definitely! 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, fyere0 said:

I would be getting my Memoirs of a Geisha costume out of the closet right now if I were Zhenya.....

Zhenya's official club is still Crystal (I gather she needs to rep a Russian club in order to take part in Russian national competitions, even if she never trains there, like how Yuzu has to say he is the only member of made-up club ANA Minato Tokyo for Nationals :D) so it probably just automatically lists whoever is the head coach of Crystal.

Sorry but what’s Crystal? 

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Sorry but what’s Crystal? 

If I am not wrong, Khrustalny (Crystal) is the skating rink of Sambo 70, a Moscow public sports club (with integrated secondary/vocational school) which name comes from a martial art. TeamTutberidze work there, but for instance Alena Kostornaia used to train there but with another team, until she joined TeamTutberidze two years ago.