Cup of Russia (general thread)

9 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Iirc wasn’t Daria’s program announced pretty soon after Sasha’s was? How did they choreograph it so quickly though? 

i feel like it takes daniil a couple hours to choreograph his programs

that said, i bet they would have known about Sasha's program way before it was announced

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Iirc wasn’t Daria’s program announced pretty soon after Sasha’s was? How did they choreograph it so quickly though? 

I think somebody on Twitter noticed that the choreography is much the same as Daria's previous program and the elements are in the same spots. They just cut the music to match Sasha's and slapped it onto something Daria could already skate. :/

On 9/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, monchan said:

I'd prefer they didn't show the slow-mo of bad jumps (UR, bad landings etc.) if they decided to throw that ridiculous score. I could pretend nothing happen when watching in real time as it passed by so fast just 0.5s or so, but I feel offended when they show all these slow-mo and announce a senseless score right after :knc_brian3: Like they think all audience are dumb puppets or what :dpooh:

well, it is Russia, they do have a history of just that

On 10/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, Paskud said:

:*

POLINAAAAA!!!!!!!! ahhh I had missed her so much, so happy to see he !!

I wouldn't even mind if juges threw all the points at her :P

I have watched only a few ladies, and my main comment is: why all those noses out of masks?  Both audience and coaches (et, tu, Plushenko?)...like c'mon, y'all only have to stand still or sit in a cold rink, you cannot claim you have trouble breathing, or that's too hot, or whatever! :gaah:

I hadn't watched Anna Frolova this season yet. Liked both her programs <3 (she kept the SP from last seson, right?). The FS had some lovely placed jumps, truly felt they suited the music and no overdone transitions that kill the flow. It was sooooo soothing to see her programs after...others...

happy for Dasha's clean skates:cheer:  but I keep finding the way they package her (music, choreo, costumes...) rather... underwhelming. Why do they keep chosing such heavy and gloomy pieces for her? And I look at every single one of Dasha's programs in the last 3 seasons and there isn't any of them that I don't find forgettable :/

I rather liked the SP stsq (surprisingly, but I suspect it has more to do with her skills than anything else), and she has some lovely jump entries, but I rolled my eyes so hard at that fake checking one's hand to see some (imaginary)blood on one's red glove though of course Daniil the choreo genious would go for the cheap dramatic gesture, he needed it to give proper Tragic!flavour to an otherwise perfectly generic program:drama:

R&J... Kinda felt Korzeniowski suited her the most... Prokofiev for stsq (same as Sasha's R&J LMAO not sublte at all!) gave me flashbacks of Sasha's SP from last season and some bit of Alina and also Bradie's R&J:13877886:

Even more so than Sasha's, Dasha's R&J really felt like 3 programs spliced together (highlighed even more by the 2 standstill and pauses in the choreo at the change of piece)...I kept losing the mood and, in the end, right when I was getting into the program for the third time... the program ended for real (and I was like: wtf? After all those other perfectly suitable endings, it ends NOW?):tumblr_inline_mnvwrg4ssV1qz4rgp:

Also, can they please let her hold at least one spiral or one IB across two programs?:smiley_hairpull:

I haven't watched Kamila (though I've seen some of her elements... spins are as insane as ever, so she deserves all the bonuses there) but I've seen the costumes!

don't care much about the one for the SP (and I feel like Olga loves entirely too much being all edgy with the lenght of gloves), but colour pattern was lovely.

The FS costume looks a bit puzzling and a bit scary and... I bursted out laughing when I saw he back for the first time:tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

there was that scary-looking fanged thing that (I suppose) was meant as a snake but loooked more like some kind of... alien bug out of some horror movie:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp: I'm trying to think what the meaning would be...does it represent the biblical snake?  Is it an allegory for sin, temptation or idk sensuality even?Or did the designer just look at Madison Chock's snake costume (that won best costume) and went "YES! Wonderful idea! Next award will be MINE!!!!"?

Sasha: loving so much her SP costume. I like this SP more than her previous one, though I think she should give herself more time for some moves (and more gentleness). It still looks rather mechanical, she doens't look really engaged.

For RJ: dont' care about the costume, though I would have liked the gothic!Juliet look of the dress that was discarded

one must admit that the first piece of the cut suits WHOA QUADSSSS!!!s way more than they suit Daniil's choreo (though if I think at the sheer exhilaration of Yuzu' single 4T, I feel that Sasha's 4Lz + 2x4Ts don't come even close). IMO Dasha easily wins the Korzeniowski part (why on earth did Sasha's choreograpehr put a cantilever during that piece, out of the 3 they had?). Then there were some...rather questionable bits of choreo... (though, after Bradie's suggestively lifting her skirt, I suppose that portraying Juliet as femme fatale is now a trend) :crazyshit2:

One can only laugh at all those scores and gaps and tech panels being as useless as ever

I haven't watched anythign from Men's, but I've seen Petr's costumes and I wholeheartedly approve:5GOE:

30 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

happy for Dasha's clean skates:cheer:  but I keep finding the way they package her (music, choreo, costumes...) rather... underwhelming. Why do they keep chosing such heavy and gloomy pieces for her?

I bet a cookie that Daniil will give her Titanic program in Olympic season.

Sasha and Kamila have very questionable choreo hmmm :knc_brian3:

Btw my favorite part is when they zoom at Sasha's smiling face and Team Eteri at the same screen :embSwan:. I can imagine all their straight faces behind the masks lol:xD:

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

I bet a cookie that Daniil will give her Titanic program in Olympic season.

This suggestion made me laugh but they do what they can to please the judges, and I confess I would be less bothered by that than by hearing a music, musical soup as it is (but with lyrical power, by the way Daria Usacheva's recording seemed better, I mean the sound quality), which reminds so much of a certain masterpiece* (of skating), and not seeing such a masterpiece on the rink.

* The masterpiece (with Italian comment, to change a bit though I love Tracy Wilson) :

10 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This suggestion made me laugh but they do what they can to please the judges, and I confess I would be less bothered by that than by hearing a music, musical soup as it is (but with lyrical power, by the way Daria Usacheva's recording seemed better, I mean the sound quality), which reminds so much of a certain masterpiece* (of skating), and not seeing such a masterpiece on the rink.

* The masterpiece (with Italian comment, to change a bit though I love Tracy Wilson) :

Oh well, unique! We should revisit his perfs more often, for sanity reasons! And for the love of beauty!

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

junior dance is on?

yep

Spoiler

Btw, I couldn't embed video.

I also tried to post instagram link in season program announcements (Anita's announcement), but it's showing me only white area.:scratch2:

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

yep

Hide contents

Btw, I couldn't embed video.

I also tried to post instagram link in season program announcements (Anita's announcement), but it's showing me only white area.:scratch2:

The video is somehow blocked from being embedded from Youtube's side. 

Not sure why.

"The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video."

Will look into the instagram embed...

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

@Paskud seems that the embed isn't showing, not sure why. sometimes i see that happen and then a couple hours later it appears :huh:. i'll keep an eye on it and file a report if it doesn't appear by tomorrow.

Thank you for everything. :*