yuzuangel

2021 World Championships in Stockholm

I'm a "wait and see" about attending at all.  I don't want 1/4 of my money go to an awards show I don't want to attend.  How could JTB have, essentially, group rates if in FAQ, there are no group rates? And that price is insane.

But, the ISU could provide some clarity on all of this - like if the dates of any competitions will be changed.  Perhaps WC is truly the only fixed date and they're thinking of squeezing in a GP Final (based on what?) between it and 4CC (which couldn't possibly happen in Australia in February if AU is still closed to foreign travelers).  

And, as with most of us, it's really going to come down to ticket prices....

I had high hopes of going this year, but I’m not going to spend a fortune, wasting part of it on things I don’t want to watch and risk my health all in one unattractive ISU package.

From what I have seen from another tour company there is a dedicated entrance and fan bag in the premium ticket price but no sandwich this time:grin:

Certainly not worth these outrageous prices.

For those wondering what the sandwich refers to is in Milan for a price there was an option that included a dedicated entrance which was helpful a lounge which didn't have a lot of seating but was very useful toilet wise as there was no or very short loo lines and a sandwich lunch which was mediocre. 

Still though...how much extra could a 'dedicated entrance' and hand sanitizer be worth? The premium all-event ticket price must be in the $3000's at least, for them to justify charging this. Scary. 

1 hour ago, anniered said:

From what I have seen from another tour company there is a dedicated entrance and fan bag in the premium ticket price but no sandwich this time:grin:

Certainly not worth these outrageous prices.

For those wondering what the sandwich refers to is in Milan for a price there was an option that included a dedicated entrance which was helpful a lounge which didn't have a lot of seating but was very useful toilet wise as there was no or very short loo lines and a sandwich lunch which was mediocre. 

Thank you for your explanation. I learned something new today... Then the JTB tour is very sandwichy since it consists of things that are usually optional...

I agree. Didn't see anything about hand sanitizer on the brochure but hopefully they will have plenty for everyone

Of topic but after being on this forum from when it first began I am trying to became something more than a mushroom. Will this post do it.🤞

28 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Still though...how much extra could a 'dedicated entrance' and hand sanitizer be worth? The premium all-event ticket price must be in the $3000's at least, for them to justify charging this. Scary. 

They may also have got some of those VIP seats, unavailable to the general public?

What are they, by the way? Who will sit on if they are really not sold?

Though, if this is the case, the price tag is still 1,67 times that of Montréal Golden Circle, as you notice. I doubt "Golden Circle" was not as good as "VIP" seats.

Maybe the tour-operator is trying to cash in a maximum for exclusivity, maybe it's ISU who try to recover from Montréal losses and still pay a new crap-fakeshow? They do have cash though, for what I read.

Cash to waste on stupid awards but none for tech to improve judging or even the terrible sound systems.

4 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

They may also have got some of those VIP seats, unavailable to the general public?

What are they, by the way? Who will sit on if they are really not sold?

Though, if this is the case, the price tag is still 1,67 times that of Montréal Golden Circle, as you notice. I doubt "Golden Circle" was not as good as "VIP" seats.

Maybe the tour-operator is trying to cash in a maximum for exclusivity, maybe it's ISU who try to recover from Montréal losses and still pay a new crap-fakeshow? They do have cash though, for what I read.

The 'VIP seats' you're referring to are the ones behind the judges that are kept empty at every competition for the use of the skaters, coaches, and other assorted personnel associated with the competition. But I think the only people I've ever seen actually sitting in them are off-duty judges or team officials. 

The Montreal 'golden circle' tickets were rinkside on the long side opposite the judges. As close as you can be and as good as it gets.

52 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

The 'VIP seats' you're referring to are the ones behind the judges that are kept empty at every competition for the use of the skaters, coaches, and other assorted personnel associated with the competition. But I think the only people I've ever seen actually sitting in them are off-duty judges or team officials. 

VIPs behind the judges usually are for officials, sponsors ets. Sector for skaters and coaches is usually in some corner or short side (like one sector behind K&C was blocked for Montreal - it was either for skaters or press).

In Milan they had VIP-packages - the same gold places but with added stuff, like some vip-lounge, sandwich... it was a little more expensive than just a seat in this category. So VIP-package doesn't need to mean a VIP seat, though it mostly was first rows on the opposite side.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The Montreal 'golden circle' tickets were rinkside on the long side opposite the judges. As close as you can be and as good as it gets.

Though I think we can safely say that half of those "golden circle" seats would have had at least limited if not totally blocked views for the "gala" and awards show - the diagram put out had, I think, at least half the rink taken up with stage, etc..  Of course, there wold have been lots more very unhappy fans who paid big bucks to sit in the first few rows and then end up with obstructed views.  That's the kind of info a person should get in advance of purchasing a ticket.

According to my travel brochure, the first 2 rows have obstructed view, so the expensive "gold circle" equivalent seats start from row 3 across from the judges.  The tickets are expensive, and compounding that is that Scandanavia is very expensive to travel to even during normal time. I think the 3000 USD is the going price for those "best seats" and agree with @anniered that those sandwiches in Milan weren't worth the price, but the access to the toilets might be more worth it, considering how long the lines were in the other areas. I think the worse thing is the uncertainty of the whole situation and also whether you can actually get into Sweden or the in transit airport and then there might be a quarantine when you return home.

The tours from Japan have a lottery to get tickets, which is closing very soon and a big deposit :S 

Congrats to @anniered for becoming a tissue box :yahoo:

5 часов назад, Ladysci сказал:

According to my travel brochure, the first 2 rows have obstructed view

Yes, you can see in photos and Euros 2015 footage that there's a high bar at 1st row, though 2nd row might be safe.