2021 World Championships in Stockholm

To be honest, I don't think Sweden has money, or even wants to pay money for a true bubble quarantine. For a country that withheld payment for vaccine as they think "it's too much", how do you think they f*cking care about an irrelevant sport event like FS? WHERE IS THE MONEY????

Australia Open spent $40m, and still got COVID cases here and there, high chance is promises ISU and co. said are just empty lies to force the event forward. Except they can give detailed budget and plan for it, I don't believe in any "bubble"

22 hours ago, Lunna said:

I am sure there's an exception for elite athletes. Also they say "recommended travel “white list”.

There is. According to the EU Commission

20201028_com-2020-686-commission-communication_en.pdf (europa.eu)

Specific categories of travellers with an essential function or need

11. Highly qualified third-country workers if their employment is necessary from an economic perspective and the work cannot be postponed or performed abroad

Scope: This exception covers workers who are third-country nationals and who, because of their high level of skills and expertise, are required in order to contribute to the EU’s postCOVID economic recovery. It may include those whose application for permits under the Blue Card Directive 2009/50, the ICT Directive 2014/66, under Directive 2016/801 as Researchers, or under a national scheme for skilled migrants, was approved, but who were until now prevented from entering the EU due to the entry ban.

Based on the feedback received from Member States, the following should be included:  professional athletes and their staff for competitions in Member States (even if not employed);

And the Swedish regulation, which is based on the EU communication posted above.

Questions and answers – temporary entry ban to the European Union via Sweden - Government.se

In addition, the entry ban does not apply to people with an essential need or function in Sweden. For example, this may be the case for:

people travelling for the purpose of performing highly skilled work, if their contribution is necessary from an economic perspective and the work cannot be postponed or performed remotely, including people who will take part in or perform necessary tasks at elite sports competitions.

On 28/01/2021 at 5:19 PM, lajoitko said:

They are currently holding the cross country ski world cup event in Falun and this is how it is going.

If I were that skier, I'd nope the heck out of there. Sounds like Sweden has basically been pretending the virus doesn't exist. COVIDiots

New communications

So any scores from way back in 2018 can be used. 

If there is no score available then skaters will send in videos for evaluation and permission to enter the WC.

....So WC's confirmed...? Wow I'm scared. The QnA statement they sent out just now.... the answers don't sound very promising lol....

The theme song thing is just ridiculous. I'm ashamed of them

The feds began to reveal their athletes entries. So far although it's pretty much confirmed, there's still a chance they'd cancel it in the very last minute, right? Like what happened last year with Montreal's WC

To be very honest I don't know what to expect anymore. I just hope each athletes can keep their distance with anybody who violating the protocol and not doing something silly besides competition-related matters.

7 hours ago, avt said:

The feds began to reveal their athletes entries. So far although it's pretty much confirmed, there's still a chance they'd cancel it in the very last minute, right? Like what happened last year with Montreal's WC

To be very honest I don't know what to expect anymore. I just hope each athletes can keep their distance with anybody who violating the protocol and not doing something silly besides competition-related matters.

The Russians are going to get everyone sick.  And how can athletes who live in countries with high infection rates and lockdowns actually send anyone?  Also - NO FAIR - how can Yuzu possibly even go?  Japan was already having serious virus issues and states of emergency and now the earthquake has removed the only ice Yuzu could practice on.  I feel so badly for him.  And I do hope it gets cancelled - if Canada is willing to cancel their Nationals (a decision I didn't personally agree with) with the explanation that it wouldn't be fair as some provinces had been locked down more and athletes did not have equal ice access, the why can't the ISU admit that same thing?  So many athletes globally have not had access to rinks intermittently and can not possibly compete at the same level as skaters who have been on the ice and live-coached the entire time.

I'm sad. This is just going to be a clusterfuck, not gonna be enjoyable to watch, and gives the ISU legitimacy to plow ahead with their original but now totally unfair Olympics qualifications requirements. Even though, say, the entire team canada will not even be there lol.

Posting this here and General Yuzu chat (since he's who we all care for the most). It has the twitter handles for the sponsors. I want them to cancel - or at least make it safe. 

Also - for those who do use twitter a lot (I don't really)

And another sponsor