yuzuangel

2021 World Championships in Stockholm

Here we go again.... 

Welcome to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2021! The ISU World Figure Skating Championships is an annual event that moves around the globe, attracting more than 300 million television viewers worldwide and showcasing the 200 best athletes from 50 countries in four disciplines: Ladies, Men, Pair Skating and Ice Dance.

The Ericsson Globe will be playing center stage for the World Championships 2021. The arena is well connected and easily accessible from anywhere and it is actually the world’s largest spherical building.

The Worlds begins with a spectacular opening show on Wednesday 24th of March and closes with the Exhibition of Champions on Sunday afternoon, 28th of March.

Finally we can announce that we have an official date for the All Event ticket release, make sure to save your seat 25th of August at 12.00 Central European Time.

https://stockholm2021.com/tickets/

Who would buy all event tickets at this time after everything that happened last season? :confused:

Well, one thing we know for sure. Considering how Sweden is dealing with epidemy, they won't cancel worlds like it was with Montreal.😅

Than you very much!

At first they had announced September, if I remember correctly?

I wonder if I won't write them now, because in the privacy conditions (which are good : they don't sell personal data to third parties) they give an address which must be quite general : [email protected] .

I don´t know if this belongs to this thread, but my other hobby is horse racing and while reading news about it I found this article. https://www.maaseuduntulevaisuus.fi/ravinetti/uutiset/artikkeli-1.1143401 Article is in Finnish but google translate does ok job. It says that for now the Swedish sport events are not allowed to take public. They are hopeful that the ban will be lifted at some time in the near future. I didn´t know this and knowing that the selling of the WC tickets should start in late August, this makes me feel a bit uneasy. Selling tickets under these circumstances is a gamble and buying those tickets is even more so.

11 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I don´t know if this belongs to this thread, but my other hobby is horse racing and while reading news about it I found this article. https://www.maaseuduntulevaisuus.fi/ravinetti/uutiset/artikkeli-1.1143401 Article is in Finnish but google translate does ok job. It says that for now the Swedish sport events are not allowed to take public. They are hopeful that the ban will be lifted at some time in the near future. I didn´t know this and knowing that the selling of the WC tickets should start in late August, this makes me feel a bit uneasy. Selling tickets under these circumstances is a gamble and buying those tickets is even more so.

thank you for passing the news,frankly i don't know how many people will buy tickets right now ,I hope I can make it next year but I'm surely not buying them now!

I'm planning to wait before getting any tickets. Learned my lesson. 

Hi everyone!

If anybody is interested in buying all event tickets, please dm. We are a group of satellites and we might buy all event tickets as a group depending on the price. 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

39 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi everyone!

If anybody is interested in buying all event tickets, please dm. We are a group of satellites and we might buy all event tickets as a group depending on the price. 

But how to be sure we are not buying those awful fakewards instead of the Gala?

Plus, the conditions for refund are not that clear, particularly if rules on borders prevent buyers from attending.

hace 26 minutos , SitTwizzle said:

This will be ISU's decision...I'm not sure if we'll get to know  before they release the tickets tbh. :gaah:

hace 31 minutos , SitTwizzle said:

the conditions for refund are not that clear, particularly if rules on borders prevent buyers from attending.

All we can do now is to ask about it. There is so much uncertainty...

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Plus, the conditions for refund are not that clear, particularly if rules on borders prevent buyers from attending.

ISU Awards will be instead of gala again this WC, if it happens at all.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

ISU Awards will be instead of gala again this WC, if it happens at all.

I see it at 90/10, maybe am I too optimist? :curse:

They seem to have listened a few great protestations. This particular one seems less loud though. (I have zero confidence in their, as a whole, trying to do right just for doing right, of course).

On 8/1/2020 at 7:29 AM, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi everyone!

The FAQ says there are no group discounts. Did you just want to sit together? 

I'm holding off buying tickets until I'm 100% sure I can go, and if I think it's safe enough to travel. Even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year as some are hoping (although that's pretty optimistic), it will still take some time before they can determine how effective it is, and I'm not keen on being a guinea pig.

Sweden's been pretty lax with their handling of the pandemic, which is good in that they'll probably let Americans in :P, but is bad cuz that means it won't be so safe to go. :/

On 8/1/2020 at 9:42 AM, SitTwizzle said:

I see it at 90/10, maybe am I too optimist? :curse:

They seem to have listened a few great protestations. This particular one seems less loud though. (I have zero confidence in their, as a whole, trying to do right just for doing right, of course).

I think it will come down to money. They wanted a big, splashy Awards show with acrobats, celebrities, special effects, etc for Montreal, and they went over budget. I doubt they will have that kind of money to spend this time, which means the Awards show will be even more boring if they were to go ahead with it. Plus you know for sure who will get the MVS award this time.

If I go at all, I'll probably only buy single-event tickets for Men's only, and practice tickets.

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

The FAQ says there are no group discounts. Did you just want to sit together? 

I'm holding off buying tickets until I'm 100% sure I can go, and if I think it's safe enough to travel. Even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year as some are hoping (although that's pretty optimistic), it will still take some time before they can determine how effective it is, and I'm not keen on being a guinea pig.

Sweden's been pretty lax with their handling of the pandemic, which is good in that they'll probably let Americans in :P, but is bad cuz that means it won't be so safe to go. :/

I think it will come down to money. They wanted a big, splashy Awards show with acrobats, celebrities, special effects, etc for Montreal, and they went over budget. I doubt they will have that kind of money to spend this time, which means the Awards show will be even more boring if they were to go ahead with it. Plus you know for sure who will get the MVS award this time.

If I go at all, I'll probably only buy single-event tickets for Men's only, and practice tickets.

CoViD-related answer.

Spoiler

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

These graphs show excess of mortality in many Western Europe countries, whatever the causes. Sweden did not bad in the group of countries which didn't test enough (they did take other measures) and this particular epidemic is finished everywhere (Spain and Portugal present excess is most probably the heat wave in the last weeks, as we can see in previous years).

I do hope lack of money will prevent them from buying a made-in-Zakarian fakewards show, though the odds are not very good (particularly if all-event tickets are pure robbery, it may be to finance that crap, I'm not in then). The skaters who have just competed are better but they don't mind, and cheaper and this they may mind.