What Temperature of Yuzu Program Do YOU Like?

What 'Temperature' of Yuzu Program Do You Prefer?   

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the discussion today about LGC and PPOS made me wonder what kind of Yuzu programs do people prefer. I personally love him at his hot and fiery best and could watch him bring the passion all day in pieces like LGC and PW....but he's a master at the cool, lyrical, flowing perfection of programs such as Ballade, too.

Of course, we can sit down and watch Seimei and have both at the same time.

So, what 'temperature' do you hope he goes for next? Hot, or cold?

Should you add a fourth answer, "more than one of these categories" or "all of them", I would vote there.

I voted for the "cold" because my preferred program of his remains Chopin, but he excels so much in all others...

And about being "hot", even if I don't find him really "hot" (I mean, I find only two men really attractive in the world, fortunately I'm too attracted to the first to be attracted to the second), I do find him charming, while all those guys (actors, singers, models...) who try these movements simply look ridiculous and preposterous. To the point that many times, seeing him in these programs as well as pulling off a top or a respiratory mask, I exclaimed : "so that's what those guys tried to emulate?"

I believe it is natural in him. One more fairy on his cradle. ;-)

(I note this kind of fairies always come with the "Wicked Fairy Godmother" of extremely hard work and ordeals.)

13 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Also IMO... I think Ballade is more of both hot and cool haha like the step sequence was very passionate! I think cool programmes make me think more of Haru yo koi, Hana ni Nare and Notte Stellata :) 

For me - on a temperature scale - Yuzu's gala programs like Notte Stellata or Haru yo koi feel very warm. Not hot, not cool, just nicely warm. He pours his heart out to us that makes him very fragile and vulnerable, but magical and ethereal at the same time :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

If I had to make categories of Yuzu's programs, I would probably sort them as follows:

Calm

Energetic

Human

Category: Classic

Examples:

Etude

Ballade No. 1

Otonal

Category: Rockstar

(contemporary)

Examples:

Sing, sing, sing

Parisienne Walkways

Let's go crazy

Mystical

(spiritual)

Category: Ethereal

Examples:

Hope & Legacy

Notte Stellata

Haru Yo Koi

Category: Epic (drama)

Examples:

Romeo & Juliet

Seimei

Origin

These categories are not isolated but there are fluent transitions between them. Some of Yuzu's programs fit more than one, but these are the four types of programs that strike out to me. It shows once again, how versatile Yuzu actually is :softYuzu:

18 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

So, what 'temperature' do you hope he goes for next? Hot, or cold?

I didn't vote cuz love all sides of Yuzu, but to this question I'll answer hot, cuz we didn't see it in competition for some time. The ideal will be rockstar like SP (maybe EX) and classical FS.

I adore hot and playful Yuzu, but at the same time programs like Ballade are where he's truly the one with the music and this combination leave me breathless. But I must say "cool/cold" type also differs to me. I loved Ballade from the start, I warmed up to H&L for a long time, I like Otonal cuz of the way he skates to it but comparing prefer Ballade mostly cuz of music. So if we talk about "cool/cold" I lately miss good classics from FS, cuz most skaters are trying to go more "modern" in the music, and Yuzu can make justice to such "big" music that not everybody can.

I really wouldn't mind anything, but maybe if he comes back with something on the warmer side, it'd be interesting to see. 

(also, i just imagined yuzuru skating to rachmaninoff and all of a sudden i feel like it ought to happen)

(i feel like he'd really bring rachmaninoff into 'epic (drama)', according to below, and it would be awesome)

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

For me - on a temperature scale - Yuzu's gala programs like Notte Stellata or Haru yo koi feel very warm. Not hot, not cool, just nicely warm. He pours his heart out to us that makes him very fragile and vulnerable, but magical and ethereal at the same time :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

If I had to make categories of Yuzu's programs, I would probably sort them as follows:

Calm

Energetic

Human

Category: Classic

Examples:

Etude

Ballade No. 1

Otonal

Category: Rockstar

(contemporary)

Examples:

Sing, sing, sing

Parisienne Walkways

Let's go crazy

Mystical

(spiritual)

Category: Ethereal

Examples:

Hope & Legacy

Notte Stellata

Haru Yo Koi

Category: Epic (drama)

Examples:

Romeo & Juliet

Seimei

Origin

These categories are not isolated but there are fluent transitions between them. Some of Yuzu's programs fit more than one, but these are the four types of programs that strike out to me. It shows once again, how versatile Yuzu actually is :softYuzu:

8 minutes ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I really wouldn't mind anything, but maybe if he comes back with something on the warmer side, it'd be interesting to see. 

(also, i just imagined yuzuru skating to rachmaninoff and all of a sudden i feel like it ought to happen)

(i feel like he'd really bring rachmaninoff into 'epic (drama)', according to below, and it would be awesome)

I find Otoñal has already a Rachmaninoff-vibe.

3 часа назад, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel сказал:

I'm dreaming about it for some time already

1 hour ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

hm, that IS true. it'd be nice to have him skating to something other than solo piano. kinda like etude. 

Etude was written for piano, and not very well orchestrated (or played, I am unable to know).

Some piano pieces have been really well orchestrated, but I think it is rather the exception, like Weber's Invitation à la Valse by an older Berlioz (the music for The Ghost of the Rose, I sent a video in the Music Talk if I remember correctly).

But otherwise I find them either an unappetising gruel, or (particularly when Chopin is ill-treated) a torture.

There are so many worthy orchestral works, either Western or Eastern (or mixed). (One could even call Gottschalk Southern in some pieces.)

And I sincerely believe Yuzuru Hanyu can credit anything with his skating.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Etude was written for piano, and not very well orchestrated (or played, I am unable to know).

Some piano pieces have been really well orchestrated, but I think it is rather the exception, like Weber's Invitation à la Valse by an older Berlioz (the music for The Ghost of the Rose, I sent a video in the Music Talk if I remember correctly).

But otherwise I find them either an unappetising gruel, or (particularly when Chopin is ill-treated) a torture.

There are so many worthy orchestral works, either Western or Eastern (or mixed). (One could even call Gottschalk Southern in some pieces.)

And I sincerely believe Yuzuru Hanyu can credit anything with his skating.

The composer chose the instrument for a reason. (Yeah orchestrating sth not composed with Orchestra in mind without the composers Input is a very hard thing to do)

21 hours ago, Henni147 said:

For me - on a temperature scale - Yuzu's gala programs like Notte Stellata or Haru yo koi feel very warm. Not hot, not cool, just nicely warm.

temperate, in other words. I agree with you on HYK, but Swanyu to me feels cool...gently cool, not chilly, but a little too remote and ethereal to be warm. 

I went for the so called hot programs,because I'd pay good money to see Yuzuru skating to some rock music(even for an ex),but I still love Ballade with all my being....a little bit less Otonal becuase it's really not my kind of music but still it's a great moment.

I think during those 'quiet' skates like Ballade or Notte Stellata he's more inside his mind and  we are kindly invited in his own world ,he's in the zone like during H&L  2017.

While when skating something more fast and with a different beat it seems he's more playful in his communication with the audience.

He really can take any piece of music and makes it his own,a very rare talent among dancers for example,go figure among skaters.